Scroll Bar Probs

A place to just hang out.

Scroll Bar Probs

Postby dbieon12 » Mon Aug 29, 2005 4:25 pm

The scroll bar on the forum web pages is very long. So long that it is normally 20 times longer than it needs to be. :eek:
I don't know how to fix it but it becomes annoying because during some posts I can't read the far ends of the posts. To read them I have to scroll down pull the horizontal bar and then scroll back up. I don't know if anyone else finds this annoying but it is a small inconveniance.
dbieon12
Private First Class
Private First Class

Postby rhonnin » Mon Aug 29, 2005 5:05 pm

I don't seem to be experiencing the same thing. What browser / version are you using?
rhonnin
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Postby roadrunner » Mon Aug 29, 2005 5:14 pm

Actually he is correct about the length of the window for both the forums and gallery are much taller then they need to be. You will notice this if you access the forum from the main website and it is a crude workaround to some limitations of the html iframe element. I use that to embed content into the main window area based on the links you select. I use java code to figure out the height of other pages but since within the forum and gallery iframe the contents will change based on the links you select I cannot use the same approach there.

The only other solution that I could think of is to have a inner slider bar for the forums. I think this is worse so I went with really tall windows. I can bore anyone that is interested with the details over TS.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

-Albert Einstein
roadrunner
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Postby Gunther » Mon Aug 29, 2005 5:18 pm

obviously it was easier to continue being rude and problematic.
GuntertE, Lv 1, NC on Waterson
GunthertE, Lv3, TR on Mattherson
Landain, Lv3, TR on Jaeger
Gunther
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Return to General Chat