NErds go Bump in the Night

A place to just hang out.

NErds go Bump in the Night

Postby Droxor » Wed Aug 23, 2006 9:50 am

These are actually 2 stories that I told Monkey and Lone on vent. . .and they told me to put them on the forums as well. So here we go.

Strating with my favorite.

Is it just me or every best buy cashier in america has to get his E-peen out every time you buy a game card? I swear I Digi-raped every time i try to go grab something to keep my WoW sub alive. Calmly I will walk up the cashier and everytime the same thing just different faces. . ."WOAH! You play WoW?! Me too! I have a 60 (insert random class) and he has like full tier 1's and working on Nef!" Forget your classic "how are you today" or "that's a good game I play it". . .we go straight for the goods and if clothes wern't required in america I could easily see all of them. . .well I will skip that part incase kids are reading. Anyways. . .So I go in last time and thought I expected the same thing when I was going to buy my PS game card to come back. (For those who dont know SOE game cards have the icons for 8 diff games on the box. . .that comes in to play later) *Droxor hands Cashier the box* *Cashier shakes it and leans over to his cashier friend, and begins to speak in a surfer'esk voice* "Hey is this a demo box or are all of these games really lite?" *Friend respons in an equally uneducated voice* "No dude. . .it's a game card" "A whaa?" "A card they use to play games for free". At this point I am dumbounded at 2 things. . .first he wasn't a dork that played the game and fealt the need to comment. . .two I had finnaly found a DORK who DIDNT play video games. . .it was a rare find. *Cashier responds to Droxor* "So. . like do you play all of these games?" "No I just play planet side cause a few old friends are resubbing" "Oh yeah? Yeah I never could get into the whole flying around in space. . .sword combat system." *I stare. . .* "Okay well there you go! have a great day!" *Droxor Responds* "Are you gonna charge me? And then have me pay?
And then give me a bag to put it in so I dont get arrested for steealing?" "Ha! Right On, my bad!"

It's just better that I dont comment on my true feelings about this indevidule. . .I'm practicing compassion IRL. . .this is a good first step.

Second Story -

As my family and I finished watching the worst show on television. . America's Got Tallent. . .we heard a loud thump on our front glass door. Considering we experienced racent teenager violent events on our property. . .my father and I decided to check it out. Not knowing what to expect I grabbed a handy dandy Cane (which is odd, we have had it for 2 years in the exact same spot, but no one we know uses canes. . .dont ask me why we have it because it is still a mystery in itself) and we made our way to the door. He openned it slowly to see what was outside as our cat (who is normally an indoor cat) rushed in hissing. As we stepped out I noticed a large puddle of cat piss floating it's way through the rides of our front porche, which now smelled like a mix between diapers and bad chilly. Not know what had happend we began to turn around and go back inside, just then!!!!!! A large wierd rodent which looked like a Badger/Possom/Groundhog/Mole leaped out at us muttering a sound which sounded like Berry White saying "mehmehmehmehmeh" and it's back quarters hiked up. (this thing litteraly had to be about 30-40 pounds easy) One's common response would have been to calmly go inside and call animal control. . .however we also had been experiencing rodent problems with our yard and I guess my father figured this was the key to the mystery lock. With all 240 pounds of body my father took 3 giant steps and punted the mass of fur a good 10 feet up and over our front yard bushes. . .as it muttered "mehmehmehmehmeh" in a higher fading voice. I found this cruel, unusuall, wierd. . .and halarious all at the same time. We have yet to seen it return or have any more yard problems :D

Lesson learned. . .don't be intimidated by any MoleHogPossomAdgers that attack you! They make great footballs :wink:

*** EDIT ***It kinduv looked like this Image
Droxor
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Return to General Chat