Message from the front.

A place to just hang out.

Message from the front.

Postby Gunther » Thu Nov 15, 2007 6:45 pm

The last recorded message from Messina, Franciscan Republic. It is a recording of the last surviving Commander. The IV Corps has been annihilated. All the old Commanding Generals are dead and buried.

"I’ve seen the horror. What horrors have you seen? You have no right to call me a murderer; you have a right to kill me. I have a right to do that. But you have no right to judge me.

It’s impossible for words to describe what is necessary to those who do not know what horror means. Horror, horror has a face and you must make a friend of horror. Horror and moral terror are your friends. If they are not then they are enemies to be feared. They are truly enemies.

I remember when I was with Special Forces--seems a thousand centuries ago. We went into a camp to inoculate it…with children. We left the camp after we had inoculated the children for polio. This old man came running after us and he was crying. He couldn’t see. We went back there and they had come and hacked off every inoculated arm. There they were in a pile. A pile of little arms.

And I remember, I…I…I cried, I wept like some grandmother. I wanted to tear my teeth out; I didn’t know what I wanted to do. And I want to remember it. I never want to forget it. I never want to forget.

And then I realized like I was shot, like I was shot with a diamond--a diamond bullet right through my forehead. And I thought, my God, the genius of that. The genius, the will to do that. Perfect, genuine complete crystalline pure. And then I realized they were stronger than me. Because they could stand it. These were not monsters. These were men, trained cadres. These men who fought with their hearts. Who have families. Who have children. Who are filled with the love. That they have the strength. The strength to do that.

If I had ten divisions of those men, then our troubles here would be over very quickly. You have to have men who are moral and at the same time who are able to utilize their primordial instincts to kill without feeling without passion without judgment, without judgment. Because it’s judgment that defeats us.

I worried that my son might not understand what I’ve tried to be and if I were to be killed, Willard. I would want someone to go to my home and tell my son everything. Everything I did, everything you saw. Because there is nothing I detest more than the stench of lies."

--Colonel William Kurtz, 54th Infantry Division Commander (Old Wood)
GuntertE, Lv 1, NC on Waterson
GunthertE, Lv3, TR on Mattherson
Landain, Lv3, TR on Jaeger
Gunther
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Return to General Chat