Nice guys finish. . .in court?

A place to just hang out.

Nice guys finish. . .in court?

Postby Droxor » Thu Feb 26, 2009 4:06 pm

This makes me a bit angry.

--------------
DENVER – A good Samaritan who helped push three people out of the path of a pickup truck before being struck and injured has gotten a strange reward for his good deed: A jaywalking ticket.

Family members said 58-year-old bus driver Jim Moffett and another man were helping two elderly women cross a busy Denver street in a snowstorm when he was hit Friday night.

Moffett suffered bleeding in the brain, broken bones, a dislocated shoulder and a possible ruptured spleen. He was in serious but stable condition Wednesday.

The Colorado State Patrol issued the citation. Trooper Ryan Sullivan said that despite Moffett's intentions, jaywalking contributed to the accident.

Moffett had been driving his bus when the two women got off. In the interest of safety, he got out and, together with another passenger, helped the ladies cross.

Moffett's stepson, Ken McDonald, said the driver of the pickup plowed into his stepfather, but not before Moffett pushed the two women out of the way.

When he awoke in intensive care, he learned of the ticket. "His reaction was dazed and confused. I was a little angry," said McDonald.

The other man also was cited for jaywalking, while the pickup driver was cited with careless driving that led to injury. Sullivan said the two elderly women haven't been cited but the investigation is ongoing.
Droxor
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Postby rhonnin » Thu Feb 26, 2009 5:05 pm

I recently read a bit about a guy that saw an elderly man fall down while crossing an intersection, he got off his bicycle to help the man up and to the opposite side, he looked back to see several cars run over his cell phone that had fallen out of his pocket and a guy, back across the intersection, stealing his bike.
rhonnin
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Return to General Chat