WATCHMEN

A place to just hang out.

WATCHMEN

Postby Gunther » Sat Mar 07, 2009 8:27 am

If you are a fan of DC Comics, this is a good movie. Not awesome, but Good; you'd like it. If you are not a fan of DC Comics, don't waste your money. :D

My favorite line was Rorschach. He was in prison for killing someone. At least 50 of the other inmates had been sentenced to prison because of his efforts and wanted retribution.

One day they were in a service line for a meal and this large black man had a shiv, talking smack to Rorschach. The big man went to stab Rorschach and he used his metal tray to block the attack and then some Judo moves and had him on the floor. Then he reached for a vat of boiling grease that was conveniently located on the service line and splashed it into the large man's face.

Rorschach turned to the group of inmates in the mess hall who were all watching the action. Rorschach said, "See, you all though I was locked up in here with you. But really, You're all locked up in here me!" Implying that they should be looking over their shoulders for him rather than looking to him to revenge.
GuntertE, Lv 1, NC on Waterson
GunthertE, Lv3, TR on Mattherson
Landain, Lv3, TR on Jaeger
Gunther
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Postby TheLoneTerran » Sat Mar 07, 2009 1:59 pm

HAC, beta, beast, and myself all went to see the midnight release. We all liked it too. And yeah, Rorschach was my favorite too. His noir-like dress and the 'aura of badass' that beta said, combined to make a really good character.

And Gunther, Dr. Manhattan was good too, I mean, look at the entrance he made in the science lab when he first reconstructed himself again!
TheLoneTerran
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Postby Gunther » Sat Mar 07, 2009 7:42 pm

TheLoneTerran wrote:HAC, beta, beast, and myself all went to see the midnight release. We all liked it too. And yeah, Rorschach was my favorite too. His noir-like dress and the 'aura of badass' that beta said, combined to make a really good character.

And Gunther, Dr. Manhattan was good too, I mean, look at the entrance he made in the science lab when he first reconstructed himself again!

Yes, Dr. Manhattan was cool, but I like Rorschach the best.
GuntertE, Lv 1, NC on Waterson
GunthertE, Lv3, TR on Mattherson
Landain, Lv3, TR on Jaeger
Gunther
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Postby TheLoneTerran » Sat Mar 07, 2009 9:53 pm

Yeah, I agree. Dr. Manhatten coulda used some pants too.
TheLoneTerran
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Postby jediknight » Sun Mar 08, 2009 6:03 pm

Saw a bad cam but was awesome what i could tell from it!
jediknight
Major General
Major General

Postby PanzerFaust » Wed Mar 11, 2009 9:46 pm

I liked the movie too, actually did a paper on the graphic novel last semester. Only thing I didn't like was how they changed one scene.

In the original, when Rorschach is telling the therapist about his life story, he didn't hack the kidnapper up with a cleaver like he does in movie. Instead he handcuffs him to a chair, sets his house on fire, hands him a hacksaw and tells him there's not enough time to cut through the cuffs.

Thought that it was a hell of a lot better that way.
"He's got one foot in the grave and the other on a banana peel"
Jim Owen on the former Pope
PanzerFaust
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Return to General Chat