...and this is for you bulldog lovers.
GuntertE, Lv 1, NC on Waterson
GunthertE, Lv3, TR on Mattherson
Landain, Lv3, TR on Jaeger
Gunther
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Postby McGuyver » Sat Aug 08, 2009 7:13 pm

I just got done watching a bunch of cadence videos, thanks that was cool.
Mac
McGuyver
Outfit Commander
Outfit Commander

Postby redwarrior666 » Sun Aug 09, 2009 10:00 am

Cool I alwalys wanted to be in the Military... and was raised by a 22 year marine vet (grandfather) who was a total hardcore asshole but now I understand why he was so hardcore and I respect it. When I got back to my parents long story custody battle between grandparents and parents my parents freaked out every time I even entertained the thought of joining the military or trying out for the police... Mommy was a hippy .... and so i will always respect the Military and the men and women who work hard in it to protect our country. America has the finest military in the world we are second to none when it comes to the armed forces. I also spent time in a military type private school in the deep south growing up prior to returning to Mexifornia , or is fuckmefornia ohh ohh thats right it's California... sometimes I get confused I'm on alot of pain meds lol .....
----------------------------------------
"
redwarrior666
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Postby Gunther » Sun Aug 09, 2009 10:51 am

redwarrior666 wrote:... returning to Mexifornia , or is fuckmefornia ohh ohh thats right it's California... sometimes I get confused I'm on alot of pain meds lol .....

The last time I was in LA, my wife and I went to the carnival at Santa Monica Pier on a Sunday. It was all Mexicans. I found this kind of odd, that there were no Caucasians or blacks there. Someone told me that they are big into "family" and do activities together on Sundays.

So you live in Mecifornia and have an Austrian (German) Governor. That works! :lol:

The thing about those cadences is that when you are 18 years old and first introduced to them you think it is kind of odd that a group of men will run together and sing songs as we run. Are we Happy Fairy foo foos or something? Are we looking for the next big sale at Lane Bryant's?

After awhile you get accustomed to it and learn a few things about the why, military formations sing songs while they run. The Cardiovascular activity-workout you receive from singing songs while performing aerobic activity is intensified. Trying to enunciate words in a song can be difficult while running if you are not in shape. So, yes there is a benefit of added stamina and lung capacity from doing this.

The motivational factor is also immense. It is an awesome feeling to be running in a formation of soldiers (or marines) and everyone is singing songs together. If you are in pain from the exercise, you do not know it. All you know is that you want to keep up with the guy in front of you. It really does motivate you to keep going. The only times I've ever fallen out of a run was after going to bed at 1 or 2AM piss drunk and puking at the back of a PT formation hacking my guts up. but I digress. ;)

You can actually push yourself further in a PT formation because you don't want any of your buddies seeing you falling out of a PT formation it is embarrassing and humiliating. The singing of songs during a run, increases stamina and strength, motivates the individual and helps to create cohesion or esprit d' corps in the unit.

now the first time I ran at home on my own and started singing cadences, I thought it was strange because I was alone. Today, if I go for a run, I find it difficult to run and not sing cadences. It is so deeply embedded into my brain now. The two go together now -- running and singing, one in the same.
GuntertE, Lv 1, NC on Waterson
GunthertE, Lv3, TR on Mattherson
Landain, Lv3, TR on Jaeger
Gunther
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Return to General Chat