Truly Amazing Story

A place to just hang out.

Truly Amazing Story

Postby Gunther » Sat Oct 17, 2009 7:40 am

Vietnam Veteran wrote:I know that many Vietnam era EOD troopers have removed pieces of ordnance from both our solider's and VC/NVA solider's alike. The following story is truly amazing...

In my book, the pilot, the surgeon and the others who risked their lives to save this soldier deserve the Medal of Honor! Makes me proud to be an American, and makes me even more proud of them!

Here is a report concerning PVT Channing Moss, who was impaled by a live RPG (Rocket Propelled Grenade) during a Taliban ambush while on patrol. Army protocol says that MedEvac choppers are never to carry anyone with a live round in them. Even though they feared it could explode, the flight crew said damn the protocol and flew him to the nearest aid station. Again, protocol said that in such a case the patient is to be put in a sandbagged area away from the surgical unit, given a shot of morphine and left to wait (and die) until others are treated. Again, the medical team ignored the protocol. Here's a seven-minute video put together by the Military Times, which includes actual footage of the surgery where Dr. John Oh, a Korean immigrant who became a naturalized citizen and went to West Point, removed the live round with the help of volunteers and a member of the EOD (explosive ordinance disposal) team. Moss has undergone six operations but is doing well at home in Gainesville, GA. This is one of the most amazing stories and you'll find the video pretty remarkable.

http://www.militarytimes.com/multimedia ... g_surgery/
GuntertE, Lv 1, NC on Waterson
GunthertE, Lv3, TR on Mattherson
Landain, Lv3, TR on Jaeger
Gunther
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Return to General Chat