New Gun Control laws....

A place to just hang out.

New Gun Control laws....

Postby duskguy » Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:45 pm

just because one psycho kills indiscriminately, the rest of us will suffer. first is NY.

New York Governor Andrew Cuomo announces the passage of a gun control bill that will limit access of guns to the mentally ill, establish a handgun database, limit capacity to seven bullets and enhanced background checks.

all guns will be registered and their owners put into a database. should the end of the world come, or a zombie apocalypse... NYers will be able to kill 7 zombies before needing to reload.... IF the time comes....

ill stick to my Bow... i can carry as many arrows as i want.

im sure the laws will only get stricter as this is only the first bill since the Connecticut massacre as they are calling the New Town shooting.
live like you want, who cares
"The enemy of my enemy is simply my enemy's enemy, nothing more" -The Belisarius Saga-
duskguy
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Re: New Gun Control laws....

Postby rhonnin » Tue Jan 15, 2013 8:44 pm

I don't expect the State of NH to do much to change ours. Most of the handguns I prefer don't carry more than 8 or 10 rounds any way.

For the Zombie apocalypse I would be going with stuff like Crossbows regardless. You want quiet and recoverable ammo and a crossbow doesn't require as much skill to use.
I used to shoot bow competitively but it was always indoors with no pressure, shooting in wind, while moving, etc would make effective hits mostly luck.
rhonnin
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Postby duskguy » Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:57 am

the seven rounds is for all guns.... not just handguns. a friend has an automatic rifle, those magazines usually hold 30 rounds... also they claim the 7 rounds is because of those people who buy extended magazines and then can kill large groups of people.

and the fact any mental disability makes you unable to own a gun is a bit drastic. there are different levels to mental disabilities. my cousin for example has asbuhgers or however its spelled, which is a slight autism. if he wanted to target shoot or hunt, he now legally cant; nothing wrong with his head that makes him want to kill random people, just doesnt want to hunt and has ADHD, so he would lose interest in it. (he prefers to play video games and eat... the outside is over rated).

i just think the laws will be worse in some places.

as for my bow, i can shoot almost equally as well stationary or moving from 30 yards while outside. never shot indoors before. cant really practice from too much farther as my yard isnt large enough and technically i shouldnt be using it in the yard as a bow is a "firearm" in NY.
"The enemy of my enemy is simply my enemy's enemy, nothing more" -The Belisarius Saga-
duskguy
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Postby Gunther » Wed Jan 16, 2013 1:20 pm

Here is the real kick in the teeth. The table below is the FBI crime statistics from 1992 to 2011. You can see in the past 20 years the population has increased by over 66 Million people and the number of murders and/or violent crimes have actually dropped by almost 700,000 in the US. If you look at these statistics per 100,000 people. violent crimes and murder rates have been reduced by 50% over the past 20 years. In 1992 there were 757.7 violent crimes per 100,000 US Citizens and 9.3 murders. In 2011, those numbers dropped to 386.3 violent crimes per 100,000 US citizens and 4.7 murders. Although the population has grown by 21% in the past 20 years, the number of violent crimes and murder has actually been cut in half.

http://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/ucr/cr ... es/table-1

Now who do we congratulate for that awesome statistic? Anyone? anyone? /cricket chirps.

Why the fuck aren't the politicians and the media telling the world what a wonderful job our law enforcement community is doing to stop violent crimes and murders in America? Death sells and if the News Media puts it on the headlines, there must be a serious problem. So, even though life is actually safter today than it was 20 years ago, we are all going to get punished like Duskguy suggests. It is just going to get worse and worse.

On another note, I have a rifle with 12 magazines. Each one of them contains 30 rounds. I have no magazines for that particular rifle that holds fewer than 30 rounds. I also have a pistol that holds 6, but that's beside the point.

For the zombie apocalypse, I'm training my kids how to use a compound bow. The older two got one to share for Christmas from their aunt. My son is all over the map so far.

Banning guns is like making it open season on humans.
GuntertE, Lv 1, NC on Waterson
GunthertE, Lv3, TR on Mattherson
Landain, Lv3, TR on Jaeger
Gunther
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Postby rhonnin » Wed Jan 16, 2013 7:22 pm

I really don't give a rats ass what they do in NY. There hasn't been so much as a whisper for changes in our gun laws in NH and there likely wont be.
I will say that the NRA needs to STFU, they are doing more harm than good for gun owners in this country. When they first started to go down the crazy tracks in the 90's I resigned my life membership because I could see the writing on the wall and they haven't disappointed.
rhonnin
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Postby duskguy » Thu Jan 17, 2013 8:36 am

rhonnin wrote:I really don't give a rats ass what they do in NY. There hasn't been so much as a whisper for changes in our gun laws in NH and there likely wont be.
I will say that the NRA needs to STFU, they are doing more harm than good for gun owners in this country. When they first started to go down the crazy tracks in the 90's I resigned my life membership because I could see the writing on the wall and they haven't disappointed.

Ill laugh when they take your guns and tell you to be happy because you are safer that way :twisted:

I dont own a gun. No real need. Bow will suffice if the world goes to hell. Afterall how will you get new bullets once everything collapses. As for the laws overall i can only hope things dont get much worse than NY's new laws.
duskguy
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Postby Anairt » Thu Jan 17, 2013 8:50 am

I dont own a gun. No real need. Bow will suffice if the world goes to hell. Afterall how will you get new bullets once everything collapses. As for the laws overall i can only hope things dont get much worse than NY's new laws.[/quote]

I own several pistols, rifles, bows and crossbows. Keep your bow when I smoke yer ass from over 100 yards Ill take yer bow too. I have a lot of ammo also. Where you live will be the big factor. If your in the city you need to get out. Where im going I can see someone coming from a long way out.

I take out the neighbors first and take their guns and food then Ill be ok for awhile.
Anairt
Sergeant
Sergeant

Postby rhonnin » Fri Jan 18, 2013 5:47 pm

Anairt wrote:
I dont own a gun. No real need. Bow will suffice if the world goes to hell. Afterall how will you get new bullets once everything collapses. As for the laws overall i can only hope things dont get much worse than NY's new laws.

I own several pistols, rifles, bows and crossbows. Keep your bow when I smoke yer ass from over 100 yards Ill take yer bow too. I have a lot of ammo also. Where you live will be the big factor. If your in the city you need to get out. Where im going I can see someone coming from a long way out.

I take out the neighbors first and take their guns and food then Ill be ok for awhile.

Color me disturbed. :)
rhonnin
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Postby Anairt » Sat Jan 19, 2013 8:48 am

Man I was hammered when I wrote that... Most of it is the truth but I ussually keep that to myself.
Anairt
Sergeant
Sergeant

Postby rhonnin » Sat Jan 19, 2013 8:47 pm

I'm hoping I wouldn't be preying on other people in a situation like that. Strong communities will survive longer than loners.
rhonnin
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Next

Return to General Chat