New Gun Control laws....

A place to just hang out.

Re: New Gun Control laws....

Postby duskguy » Sat Jan 19, 2013 9:33 pm

turned into a what if situation of a zombie apocalypse... but i live near the water on long island... i would just get one of those house sailboats and sail off after robbing as much from nearby convenience stores. canned foods, water bottles and packaged foods, some stuff from nearby fishing stores and as my car runs out of gas, go to the boat with gallons and gallons of gas and sail off.

sorry ainart... but shooting your neighbor...jeez. that's simply pointless and horrible. you bring them along and use them as a deterrent when the zombies get too close.... unless the neighbor is hot...then you get rid of their significant other.
live like you want, who cares
"The enemy of my enemy is simply my enemy's enemy, nothing more" -The Belisarius Saga-
duskguy
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Postby rhonnin » Sun Jan 20, 2013 5:24 pm

It used to be fun to contemplate preparing for a zombie apocalypse, then, a couple years ago the CDC used a zombie outbreak as a model for mapping a pandemic and people let the crazy bubble right to the top. "OMG, the CDC is preparing for Zombie outbreaks, that must mean it's a real possibility."
Now we have wackos not just using it as a model for general disaster preparedness, ie Zombie Squad, but people preparing for movie style zombie apocalypse, reanimated dead and everything. Not just a few either, it's like a sizable movement of organized crazy. That psycho in Connecticut was a "Prepper". I find it more than a little disturbing.
rhonnin
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Postby duskguy » Mon Jan 21, 2013 12:38 pm

rhonnin wrote:It used to be fun to contemplate preparing for a zombie apocalypse, then, a couple years ago the CDC used a zombie outbreak as a model for mapping a pandemic and people let the crazy bubble right to the top. "OMG, the CDC is preparing for Zombie outbreaks, that must mean it's a real possibility."
Now we have wackos not just using it as a model for general disaster preparedness, ie Zombie Squad, but people preparing for movie style zombie apocalypse, reanimated dead and everything. Not just a few either, it's like a sizable movement of organized crazy. That psycho in Connecticut was a "Prepper". I find it more than a little disturbing.

my cousin doesnt believe zombies are even theoretically possible. but i have to disagree, with the medical science and experiments constantly going on.... i think zombies could happen. maybe not like the movies, but living dead? sure.

have a book i work on on and off. where the setting is in a zombie apocalypse, but unlike other books i try to explain where the start began. in my book, the military tries to make a hybrid painkiller/strengthening pill. something akin to doping up to gain extra strength while shutting off pain receptors. however, while it worked, repeated use began to become common and eventually soldiers began to die with highly concentrated levels of the drug still in their system. after a certain concentration level the drug jump started the dead soldiers, but they werent quite right anymore. but being they still retained the extra strength and lack of pain, more soldiers needed to take the drug to fight them, and so the problem just got worse and worse until the undead could spread their undeath like rabies, although not their super strength.

take into account i started this idea in eighth grade... not completely plausible, but not something completely impossible with the way medicinal studies are going in my opinion.

does that mean i think people should actively create zombie safe zones or kill others to save them from the theoretical coming horrors? absolutely not. but i do find myself looking around at different things and asking myself, if a zombie attack started, what would i do from here? quite often. also ask myself the same question for lots of other possible disasters like emp strikes, meteors, terrorists, and other random things, but don think that should ever go past that stage and into the stage where you act upon it unless for some unlikely reason it actually happens. for example, when i go on a plane that goes long distance i think...what if we end up crashed on an island or something and i survive, what should i do first? doesnt mean i pack an extra bag for that eventuality and carry it with me on a plane though
live like you want, who cares
"The enemy of my enemy is simply my enemy's enemy, nothing more" -The Belisarius Saga-
duskguy
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Previous

Return to General Chat