Music Again.......ya so.......oh shut up

Discuss this famous MMOFPS/RTS game.

Postby Outbound » Fri Sep 02, 2005 11:27 am

OK I'm typing this as I listen here, so this is gut reaction, nothing well thought out.

NC
Sample 1: Too sinister for NC I'd have to say... I think if any empire is "sinister" it's the evil empire TR. :twisted:
Sample 2: I definitely thinks this fits the NC. The timely flourishes fit the NC firing style and it kinda feels like the Rebel's theme song.
Sample 3: Wow, a final fantasy song I don't recognise? I could see this as a sanc song for NC, kinda has a "preparing for battle" feel.
Sample 4: Good Victory song.

TR
Sample 1: Cool song, nice regal feel, I'd say Sanctuary.
Sample 2: Oh yeah, TR battles... nice. 8)
Sample 3: It stays major enough to bee a victory song, or possibly just an Empire Theme would work better because of the minor parts.
Sample 4: This one is DEFINITELY a victory song, and it fits the TR too.

VS
Sample 1: I'm thinking sanctuary music on this one, I'd agree that it fits VS as well.
Sample 2: yeah, I'll go with your description. :eek:
Sample 3: I'm not really feeling vanu on this one, from the reedy sounds (cool but dunno about vanu) at the beginning to the drum rolls and lyrical tune. I'd almost say more of an NC (they're supposed to be the guerillas right?)
Sample 4: I definitely think sci-fi scores have good selections for the vanu. This particular piece would be a good victory piece for Vanu I think. I wish the hand off to the trumpets was a little smoother. They took a long time on that crescendo, it's sad to waste the good buildup the strings did and start from scratch again.

I'll think about some actual suggestions, hope this helps!
--- Outbound, Earthbound, Unbound, & Honorbound ---
"This is what happens, Larry! This is what happens when you find a stranger in the Alps! This is what happens when you feed a horse scrambled eggs!"
~Walter in the TV Version of The Big Lebowski
Outbound
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Postby Valkyrie » Fri Sep 02, 2005 12:39 pm

Good, they were just samples for the most part wanted to see what you thought as in feel, I want you to tell me which ones you think fit each empire the most.

Only choose one soundtrack for each empire though, so thats why im putting out the samples. Soundtracks I have i can find good victory music only one i think that fits victory music in this selection is the patriot one. And I can fit the cues :). But one thing i could agree with you one, switching the missing score for nc, and visa versa for the lxg score to vanu.

Thanks for the input outbound you get a cookie

P.S:The Final Fantasy selection was from the movie, maybe thats why you dont know it :P
''If Audrey was an Animal she would eat her young"-Rhonnin
The only bad vampire is a vampire out for your emotions
The Only Enforcer with a Naval Rank ^.^
Valkyrie
Commander
Commander

Postby Valkyrie » Sun Sep 11, 2005 12:44 am

Ive been developing a bit on the Starship troopers version, ive come up with a few cues, but its mostly thanks to other services, (dont know exactly how to extract from the cd)
Valkyrie
Commander
Commander

Postby Valkyrie » Fri Oct 07, 2005 12:52 am

im going to replace the music files so you whiney people without real player can listen to them :)
Valkyrie
Commander
Commander

Postby HeavyArmsCustum » Fri Oct 07, 2005 3:56 pm

I'm a big sounds geek, so i will get around to hearing all those.
But, i've been too busy as of late and it'll be some time till i get it done. But i will.
HeavyArmsCustum
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Previous

Return to PlanetSide