70%
No
20%
Just nerf them again
10%

Total votes : 10

Bye Bye Biffer

Postby Droxor » Thu Oct 20, 2005 3:18 am

Well although the ideas and petitions to ban the Biffer have been swamping the SOE offices. . .I don't think it will ever be nuked. Should it be???? I donno, I have kinduv gotten use to them, but I wouldn't cry a river if they left. Take away the biffers and you have a more balanced game, and maybe that will leave room for more changes.

All in All I would only like to see the Biffer go to see what elese they improve/fix. . .or if they would at all.
Droxor
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Postby roadrunner » Thu Oct 20, 2005 7:37 am

The BFRs were a mistake from the second they announced them and was the final reason many long time PS players quit. The damage was already done so I would say it would be foolish to remove them now because it may cause more people (the pro BFR ppl) to leave. The people left may complain about BFRs but it seems like they are not enough to get them to quit.

The bigger concern I would have if I still play PS is the lack of any real additional content. When you look at what little they have added over the years it is reflective of how little SOE has invested in the product or the ineptness of its programmers. I might miss something but here is all they have done since releasing PS:

Liberator
Ancient weapons and caverns – Can’t really be considered because it was funded by the cost of the expansion.
Deliverer variants
Lodestar
Battle Islands
BFRs
New bomber (don’t remember the name)
New sniper rifle

I may have missed a item or two but the point is that in over two years the list is very short in regards to new content.

I am not trying to bash PS because I love the concept and SOE had a chance to make a great game. I spent many hours playing it and even today it does have a appeal just not enough for me to subscribe again. So for now I will wait for the next MMO FPS.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

-Albert Einstein
roadrunner
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Postby betasoldier » Thu Oct 20, 2005 4:18 pm

New bomber--- Vulture
New Sniper Rifle--- HSR

Road, as far as I can remember, that's about it.

I still hate biffers, always will, and hope they do take them out. I believe that a lot of old players would come back if they found out about that.
betasoldier
Major General
Major General

Postby McGuyver » Thu Oct 20, 2005 5:32 pm

the added the skyguard at the same time with the Liberator
Mac
McGuyver
Outfit Commander
Outfit Commander

Postby Kingg » Thu Oct 20, 2005 8:16 pm

don't forget the fury
Kingg
Sergeant
Sergeant

Postby HeavyArmsCustum » Thu Oct 20, 2005 8:31 pm

BFRs are/were off balance and out of place in the game. It would of been possible for them to blend better, as far as the concept of new heavy attack vehicles.
The days before BFRs are where some of my best memories of PS are.
HeavyArmsCustum
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Postby Outbound » Fri Oct 21, 2005 6:39 pm

/agree.
BFRs as they are are WAY overpowered and really don't fit the original game. At the very least FVs need to be seriously nerfed (I'd prefer taken out.) GVs on the other hand could fit in if you made it such that a single MBT could, you know, DAMAGE the thing. As of now it takes constant fire from 2 of them to ever even get the shields down. I also think it's absurd that ONLY decis, not other AV, does decent damage to BFRs.

I'd also appreciate the performance boost if they were to make BFRs into single hit boxes (other than the shield gen.) Also, the screen shake really annoys me. Lastly, the conditions for pulling a BFR could possibly be evaluated once they come into a little more balance.
--- Outbound, Earthbound, Unbound, & Honorbound ---
"This is what happens, Larry! This is what happens when you find a stranger in the Alps! This is what happens when you feed a horse scrambled eggs!"
~Walter in the TV Version of The Big Lebowski
Outbound
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Postby USDnobody » Sat Oct 22, 2005 2:08 am

the BFR's were flawed in the way that they CHANGED the gameplay considerably.

liberators, skyguards, galaxies whatever give you OPTIONS to win a battle.

you can win a battle with 5 bfr's door camping, then just swarm the back door. no options? no fucking gameplay! that's why people quit.
>insert witty remark<
USDnobody
Captain
Captain

Postby redwarrior666 » Fri Nov 04, 2005 12:30 pm

I think they should newk the gawddammed BFR's, Butt F$ck Robotics, I hate them, and i would personally like to find the SOE employee who made the final decision to implement them and shit right in his mouth so he can taste exactly what all the veterans players taste every time we see one of those abominations on the battle field.
redwarrior666
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Postby Rangerr » Sat Nov 05, 2005 11:46 pm

redwarrior666 wrote:I think they should newk the gawddammed BFR's, Butt F$ck Robotics, I hate them, and i would personally like to find the SOE employee who made the final decision to implement them and shit right in his mouth so he can taste exactly what all the veterans players taste every time we see one of those abominations on the battle field.

That is just classic redwarrior. Top notch, class act all the way :D

I also agree with every word he said. Every time some newb pulls a biffer God kills a puppy.
[img]http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a139/hook_75/rangerrsig_112.gif[/img]
[url=http://profile.xfire.com/Rangerr][img]http://miniprofile.xfire.com/bg/co/type/2/Rangerr.png[/img][/url]
Life is 1% what happens to you and 99% what you do about it.
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero - Horace
Rangerr
Colonel
Colonel

Next

Return to PlanetSide