Dark Skyes

Discuss this famous MMOFPS/RTS game.

Postby rhonnin » Wed Feb 01, 2006 3:11 am

So which side are christian? TR or NC? we know it couldn't be the Vanu.
rhonnin
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Postby Gunther » Wed Feb 01, 2006 7:27 am

Since the TR have been around longer, the TR are Christians and the NC are the new "upstarts" on the block, they must follow the ways of the Korran.
GuntertE, Lv 1, NC on Waterson
GunthertE, Lv3, TR on Mattherson
Landain, Lv3, TR on Jaeger
Gunther
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Postby Gunther » Wed Feb 01, 2006 7:32 am

Droxor wrote:Hidden message Gunther? I agree with that statement. . .orders should always be followed unless you know 100% they are wrong. . .If my commanding officer tells me to shoot someone in the head because they are a Chrisitan. . .that crosses the line for me.

Very good response, Droxor. you have crossed into the realm of Immoral orders. The Geneva Convention and the US Laws of Land Warfare obligate subordinate leaders to disobey immoral orders. In the 1969 Mi Lai Massacre Lt. Caley was obligated to disobey the order of his Company Commander and Battalion Commander to fire on the village which resulted in the deaths of 169 civilians (non-VC). His punishment for failing to disobey an Immoral order? eight months confinement to his quarters on Ft. Benning, GA. Today, Lt. Caley runs a Jewelry Store in a shopping mall in Columbus, GA.
Gunther
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Postby Valkyrie » Wed Feb 01, 2006 1:24 pm

No I see the Vanu more as Christians, mostly because they want to kill or converte anyone who is different heh
''If Audrey was an Animal she would eat her young"-Rhonnin
The only bad vampire is a vampire out for your emotions
The Only Enforcer with a Naval Rank ^.^
Valkyrie
Commander
Commander

Postby TheLoneTerran » Wed Feb 01, 2006 1:45 pm

Seem radical Islamic to me
TheLoneTerran
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Postby Droxor » Wed Feb 01, 2006 1:46 pm

So the question is. . .what would any one of us do if our country did NOT support disobeying immoral orders? China ect. . . how many of us would cross the line because if we didn't it would mean death to us?

I guess it all depends on what you believe. . .since I believe in a god and a heaven I wouldn't be able to do it. . .even though I know we would both die because of it. Of coarse allot of people are all talk. . so it's very possible a few of us would believe we wouldn't pull that triger. . .but game time we might.

*EDIT* Gunther. . out of curiosity why did you make this post a week and a half after the last post. . .in my Dark Skyes post? rofl. . .or was it just random.
Droxor
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Postby TheLoneTerran » Wed Feb 01, 2006 2:17 pm

I'm not sure I could do it either because if I do, sure, I'll leave a few more years on this Earth with my family and friends but when my final judgement comes....Hell awaits thee.
I'd rather die honorably and have the chance to see Heaven and God in all their glory.
TheLoneTerran
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Postby Gunther » Wed Feb 01, 2006 2:34 pm

Droxor wrote:So the question is. . .what would any one of us do if our country did NOT support disobeying immoral orders? China ect. . . how many of us would cross the line because if we didn't it would mean death to us?

*EDIT* Gunther. . out of curiosity why did you make this post a week and a half after the last post. . .in my Dark Skyes post? rofl. . .or was it just random.

Answering the *EDIT* first: I posted at 7:32AM about disobeying Immoral orders in response to your 1:04AM post on 1 FEB 06. Obviously neither yours nor mine have anything to do with your Dark Skyes post. I was merely responding to your post that was made 6.5 hours earlier.

In response to your moral dilemma, there are Millions of examples of peoples/countries that have committed immoral or criminal acts during times of war. For those nations who refuse to stand on the moral high ground must suffer the indignity of a "War Crimes Tribunal" i.e.: Nuremburg, 1945-46 or The Hague, Today regarding Persons Idicted For War Crimes [PIFWC] in the former Republic of Yugoslavia. This is another reason why the US Military feels the need to maintain the moral high ground in its dealings with Iraq, Iran, Hamas, N. Korea, the Taliban and any other peoples who chose to disagree with us.

China is a poor example. Disregard what the Chinese people think about the prospect of going to war with anyone. The free thinking ideas of Chinese people are irrelevant within the borders of the PRC. The only mind that matters is that of her prime minister and Politburo. The warped version of Communism that exists in China is vastly different than what we witnessed in Russia from 1917 to 1989. The Chinese will act as one body and with one vision. Their perception of "Human Rights" is at the far side of a vast chasm that spans an infinite number of universes from the view of USA. For that reason, their idea of Immorality will fall under an entirely different definition. Therefore, if a conflict ever arose between the US and China a War Crimes Tribunal would occur with the war's loser being placed on trial regardless of the outcome. But Lone's answer about responding to your maker with a clear conscious is extremely important for your immortal soul whether you belive in God or not.
Gunther
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Postby Droxor » Wed Feb 01, 2006 2:40 pm

If America ever goes to War with China. . .we lose. . .whether it be just us. .or the entire world. . .
Droxor
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Postby Gunther » Wed Feb 01, 2006 2:54 pm

This topic deserves its own thread. If I had admin rights I'd move it. I have volumes to say on a war with China and they ally with Iran, Hamas (Palestine), Syria, Pakistan and N. Korea.

US Allias: S. Korea, Israel, India

This war would be fought in the Middle East between Tel Aviv and Tehran, in Cashmir, Along the 38th Parallel of Korean Peninsula, the straits of Taiwan and the "your-hometown, USA. Chinese tanks will roll on US soil but they will not win the war.
Gunther
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

PreviousNext

Return to PlanetSide