Certifications

Discuss this famous MMOFPS/RTS game.

Certifications

Postby roadrunner » Thu Feb 16, 2006 11:09 am

To help out any of our newbie PS members here is some impressions regarding certifications.

Medium Assault – Must have. The cycler is a good outdoors/indoors weapon. It is basically the same in terms of damage as our MCG but has half the clip size. I believe that the faster reload and accuracy greatly makeup for the smaller clip. For certain situations, the sweeper and punisher are also fine weapons.

I would recommend having either AV or SA. If you have not noticed VS and NC use tons of maxes. Both of these provide a way to kill them. Personally I like the rocklet for killing maxes as it takes about 1.5 clips and it is easier to hit the VS flying maxes than a deci. A combo I find works well is to have a thumper/rocklet and use explosive rounds for the thumper. This provides the ability to damage maxes with both weapons plus I can switch ammo on the rocklet and scare off mosquitoes with flak. Plasma in the thumper would yield better results in regards to soft targets but I like the versatility of the explosive rounds better.

I have a love/hate relationship with the rexo cert. I love the bigger backpack and second rifle slot but hate the slow movement. I would gladly give up the extra armor to move faster but since that is not a choice I have to live with it. I find the second rifle slot invaluable if I want to be effective against both maxes and soft targets.

Maxes:

The key for all TR maxes is to keep moving and lock down only when firing.

Burster – By far the best AA max is used right. Wait for the target to get in close (to not scare them away) and then aim for the nose of the aircraft.

DC – Accurate at long range. So with practice you can use this is the field as well as indoors.

Pounder – It’s on par with the other AV maxes and good for killing maxes, gens, and damaged vehicles.
roadrunner
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Postby Gunther » Thu Feb 16, 2006 3:26 pm

I posted about certs a few years back and have a specific philosophy on them. Road is right on about the Cycler. I often use this as my primary when my flex certs are allocated for something other than HA. Speaking of Flex certs, I have two categories of certs, Flex and Staples. This really only applies to BR18+ when you have enough to go around.

Staple Certs are those certs that you will never get rid of. They are the ones that define you as a member of this outfit. You should have at least one weapon cert, one support cert and one vehicle cert. As an example, my Staple Certs include:

Medium Assault, REXO, Advanced Hacking & Combat Engineering.
althought I currently have no vehicle cert, that will be remedied soon. I wanted AV and HA to deal damage in towers and in bases. Unfortunately, this sucks if you aren't already hooked up with someone with wheels.

Flex certs are those certs that you specify can change from day to day. Right now I have HA and AV as flex certs, I will cash one in and pick up Armored Assault 1 for Lightning night Friday night. then pick up Armored Aslt 2 for next week.

I like the discussion that Road brings up about REXO. I've seen this one played through many times but since I don't mind dying, I tend to wear REXO more often than not. :)

My suggestion there is to have Favorites loaded with both Agile and REXO. I have a AGILE favorite that has no weapons in any of the primary slots. I have a BANK, REK and glue gun loaded. in the inventory is a cycler, some ammo and plenty of repair juice. This is my Repair Fav. which I use for driving vehicles.
GuntertE, Lv 1, NC on Waterson
GunthertE, Lv3, TR on Mattherson
Landain, Lv3, TR on Jaeger
Gunther
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Postby rhonnin » Thu Feb 16, 2006 3:57 pm

I cashed in rexo a while back, I do miss the extra holster and storage space sometimes but since I primarily run an AMS I don't get into the fray often enough for it to be an issue. I do have the same repair fave like Gunther and also keep extra glue and glue guns in my locker, anyone with CE should always have repair stuff in their locker. I currently have Med Assault, SA, adv med, CE, inf, ground support, burster max and DC max.
rhonnin
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Postby roadrunner » Thu Feb 16, 2006 4:36 pm

Actually I am about to cash in Rexo again. That will free up enough certs to get Uni-Max at BR23
roadrunner
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Postby rhonnin » Thu Feb 16, 2006 5:46 pm

I used to have unimax but at the time the pounder was only good for killing other maxes.
rhonnin
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Return to PlanetSide