Pounder <3

Discuss this famous MMOFPS/RTS game.

Pounder <3

Postby roadrunner » Fri Mar 03, 2006 2:48 pm

I used to laugh at the thought of using the pounder once but have come to love this gem. The trick is using its range and ROF to your advantage. I accumulated several magrider and BFR kills yesterday during a base battle on ish. I found nice spot where I could lock-down and cover the area where the magriders/BFRs were milling about without being in range of the lancers. It was easy to follow the almost dead targets and finish them off. Because it delivered its damage pretty quick I was stealing kills from reavers, prowlers, and strikers. It does a good job on those starfires that like to plant their butts on tops of bases/towers. I also found I can kill softies pretty well. I have come to like it better than the DC or burster. : )
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

-Albert Einstein
roadrunner
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Postby HeavyArmsCustum » Fri Mar 03, 2006 3:44 pm

Today's Pounder is a great weapon when used coreectly.
I have seen no one use it better then Mac. He knows a lot of tricks and is the best there is when it comes to the Pounder hands down.
HeavyArmsCustum
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Postby demonseed » Fri Mar 03, 2006 3:48 pm

I don't know if I have as much love for the pounder as you road, but it is a very versatile weapon and as you said, you can hit stuff all over the screen with it and maintain cover and concealment.

I wish the Pounder would become AI again so we have something formidable in close quarters.
demonseed
Captain
Captain

Postby McGuyver » Fri Mar 03, 2006 4:05 pm

Thanks for the complement HAC.

He’s right I love the Pounder and use it all of the time. I find myself in the pounder more often than the DC. It works great on just about everything. About a year ago I ran into battle with it just for giggles (beta and HAC laughing at me over TS). And I found it very deadly to say the least. I have had some great runs with it and racked up a ton of BEP. The greatest thing I did with it was get MAX buster Gold and silver with the Pounder. And my favorite thing about it is the secondary fire mode, you can bounce your shoots all over the place. I’m happy to see others enjoy what I have known about for long time.
Mac
McGuyver
Outfit Commander
Outfit Commander

Postby roadrunner » Fri Mar 03, 2006 4:23 pm

I picked up Unimax because I thought for one extra cert point (already had the DC and burster) what the heck. Last week I went into the field with it and in one run kill 2 ams, 1 max, a buggy, a couple of softies, and a BFR. I was sold after that.
Last edited by roadrunner on Fri Mar 03, 2006 4:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

-Albert Einstein
roadrunner
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Postby Gunther » Fri Mar 03, 2006 4:30 pm

I'll have to give it a shot. I know I liked it shortly after release in 03. It wasn't to long when everyone was trash talking it so i never looked back.
GuntertE, Lv 1, NC on Waterson
GunthertE, Lv3, TR on Mattherson
Landain, Lv3, TR on Jaeger
Gunther
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Postby outlaw022 » Sat Mar 04, 2006 9:33 am

I dont get how no one would like the pounder i love the pounder
outlaw022
Captain
Captain

Postby HeavyArmsCustum » Sat Mar 04, 2006 6:57 pm

I fully understand why people hate it.
Anyone who loved the first Pounder and likes this Pounder can still only dream of it's glory days.
The fact that it was at one point the best ticks people off to what it is now.
It is simply a different weapon.
HeavyArmsCustum
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Postby rhonnin » Sun Mar 05, 2006 2:40 am

I remember the glory days when the pounder was king, two pounders locked down at a CC was very hard to dislodge, peaking around the corner meant sure death and if you knew troops were coming up the stairs you could pounce rounds down to the landing below and no one could get close. It's definately a shadow of it's former self now.
rhonnin
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Postby jediknight » Mon Mar 06, 2006 7:49 pm

If You kill anything with it, please give Me your HAX!
jediknight
Major General
Major General

Next

Return to PlanetSide