BFR time

Discuss this famous MMOFPS/RTS game.

BFR time

Postby roadrunner » Tue Mar 14, 2006 7:44 am

They were the reason that I left PS in the first place but what the heck I will try them out. Not a clue how to load them out but I imagine that the NTU and armor siphon are useless. Since I had a extra point I also certed the AA weapon. Is the mortar any good for the gunner or should I stick with the 100s? For the driver is it best to keep the guns the same type or set one to burster and the other to the 75?

Oh yeah I will need gunners too =].
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

-Albert Einstein
roadrunner
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Postby BCoop » Tue Mar 14, 2006 7:54 am

I tried the AA one when it first came out and it was a skyguard on roids.
BCoop
Major General
Major General

Postby McGuyver » Tue Mar 14, 2006 3:49 pm

They nerfed the heck out of the BFR since it first came out. I should be on tonight so if you need help or have questions about it let me know. You also want to talk to Wildthrasher about the BFR. He has had the certs for ever it seems like.
Mac
McGuyver
Outfit Commander
Outfit Commander

Postby HeavyArmsCustum » Tue Mar 14, 2006 10:15 pm

I just repicked it up myself. I used it back when it was god, and i wanted to see how i could use it in todays PS.
The "100s" are anything but. I call them 65s. Not bad if you hit dead on. Mortar is a pure AI weapon. Other then that it's very so so.
I despise the BFR's AA Burster right now. It's ludicrously bad.
I personally use the dual 75s more then anything. I'll switch to the Chains if i'm defending a base from like a tower and there isn't too much armor.
HeavyArmsCustum
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Postby roadrunner » Tue Mar 14, 2006 10:31 pm

Well it lasted for about 7-8 runs and I have to say it was a truly horrible experience. The burster config could not even take down a mossy effectively. The max burster is so much better. Other than it seems to climb any incline the movement made me want to get out a deci and kill it myself. The fact that stuff starts to break once you take damage is just plain stupid as no other vehicle does that.

I used to want to kill them because I hated the BFR. Now I want to kill them as a gesture of good will to my VS and NC opponents. Nobody should have to endure them for any period of time.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

-Albert Einstein
roadrunner
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Postby HeavyArmsCustum » Tue Mar 14, 2006 10:58 pm

I would like the damage to stuff if it happened to all vehicles. Then it would be cool.
Other then that i have not yet made my final verdict on them.
HeavyArmsCustum
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Return to PlanetSide