3.11 patch notes

Discuss this famous MMOFPS/RTS game.

Postby Rangerr » Thu Mar 16, 2006 11:32 pm

TheLoneTerran wrote:*meant

Anyways, heck yeah, Burster users finally get a bigger clip!

The clip isn't bigger, just the ammo boxes now hold 100 instead of 50. I am also pleased with the new UI. When I first read that they were working on this kind of stuff over new content, I was little let down. But I must say I like what they did.
[img]http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a139/hook_75/rangerrsig_112.gif[/img]
[url=http://profile.xfire.com/Rangerr][img]http://miniprofile.xfire.com/bg/co/type/2/Rangerr.png[/img][/url]
Life is 1% what happens to you and 99% what you do about it.
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero - Horace
Rangerr
Colonel
Colonel

Postby rhonnin » Fri Mar 17, 2006 1:35 am

HeavyArmsCustum wrote:If you knew what i ment enough to fix it, then it doesn't need to be touched..

"Tuched" Thought I'd go the other way this time.
rhonnin
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Postby roadrunner » Fri Mar 17, 2006 6:29 am

[quote=�HeavyArmsCustum�]I ment work for them wise.
If they really did all that, then thats saying something for the PS staff.
Also that other problems will probly come from all this stuff being changed.[/quote]

The problem with the notes is that yes they have changed a few things but the length of the RL is misleading. The have a LOT of entries for changes that would take only seconds to implement like changing the default key for commands. The burster changes were needed but still the �lock-down� special ability is what really needs fixing. If the only change was to make locking down immediate I would be happy but it really needs to be changed to something else. I wonder if the VS or NC would like that when they selected their special ability they would have to wait 2 seconds for it to actually activate it.

While the new UI is ok I hate the fact that the icons that used to be in the lower right now hide without a way to get the old ones back or keep them up all the time. I run AMSs and it is good to know when it is destroyed by quickly looking at the vehicle icon. No way to do that now quickly.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

-Albert Einstein
roadrunner
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Postby HeavyArmsCustum » Fri Mar 17, 2006 12:57 pm

There has always been a mixed feeling about the TR MAX. I've heard several ideas that would be better then the locodown. But right now thats all we got and thats all we're probably going to get.
It did used to be alonger to lock down. The have already reduced the time once.
HeavyArmsCustum
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Postby jediknight » Fri Mar 17, 2006 3:16 pm

Yeah I HATE the UI at the bottom right....Hell as a cloaker I NEED to access my backpack FAST! it cost me live's yesterday.
jediknight
Major General
Major General

Postby rhonnin » Fri Mar 17, 2006 3:36 pm

I've always used "I" for inventory access, for me it's always been quicker than clicking the icon.
rhonnin
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Postby HeavyArmsCustum » Sat Mar 18, 2006 12:33 am

Rhonnin wrote:I've always used "I" for inventory access, for me it's always been quicker than clicking the icon.

Ditto.
I always use "I". The icon takes WAY too long.

Oh, and this patch gets the official "HAC seal of approval".
At one point i got 13 Libs in about 35 minutes (Would of been 15, but a MCG stole one and a Mag shot down the other by mistake) not mention all the Revers and Mossies.
For the ones who haven't been able to learn the art of Burstering, this patch helps greatly. So for all the people who are good with it, can become gods of the ski with it.

Cert the Burster. I don't know if this patch will last, but take advantage while you can.
HeavyArmsCustum
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Previous

Return to PlanetSide