This is great. Best hostile takeover of 2006.

Discuss this famous MMOFPS/RTS game.

This is great. Best hostile takeover of 2006.

Postby Rangerr » Tue Jul 25, 2006 2:59 pm

This is great. Here is a little background. Dark Skyes was created many moons ago by Fettera and then he was deployed to Iraq and left SgtRok in charge. SgtRok being the brillant tactition that he is pretty much pissed off every person who he has ever encountered. Awhile back Fettera returned home and logged into PS. SgtRok willingly gave him OL back because he was the rightful owner and they were friends. Well Fettera starts to see what SgtRok has become and that he has basically exploited his "power" since Fet left. Well the friendship starts to slide becauseRok is an ass and continues trying to force his will upon everybody. Fet finally after months of his shit boots him from DS and Rok ends up rolling VS for a month or two and then returns to TR only to create an outfit known as Dark.Skyes. This new outfit starts doing everything it can to ruin the real DS's name. (though I think it couldn't have taken much, cause Rok left a lasting impression there). Well last night Rok complains to DanB that Ds should rightfully be his because he has been a continuos subscriber to PS and Fet took a year off (he was in Iraq mind you). DanB decides that it's a good enough reason and demotes Fettera, puts Rok in DS and promotes him to OL. Well Rok's first act as he re-helms the ship is to boot Fettera and all of his loyalists out of the outfit. Then many more willingly quit because they would rather not be in DS than to have to follow Rok into battle ever again. So DS went from over 400 to like ~180. I love it. Oh and one more little tidbit, DanB is now a xo in Rok's DS.

http://psforums.station.sony.com/ps/board/message?board.id=psemerald&message.id=398587
[img]http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a139/hook_75/rangerrsig_112.gif[/img]
[url=http://profile.xfire.com/Rangerr][img]http://miniprofile.xfire.com/bg/co/type/2/Rangerr.png[/img][/url]
Life is 1% what happens to you and 99% what you do about it.
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero - Horace
Rangerr
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Gunther » Tue Jul 25, 2006 4:03 pm

Fettara wrote:Guys, I am not going to rant, I am just going to copy/paste my COMPLAINT TO SOE about this because I dont want to write anymore. So where is the line CSR-DanB drew? His indeciveness and his lack of integrity shows the true person of his incompetence.

I am the Founder and Owner of Dark Skyes. I founded the outfit when Planetside went gold. I informed a real life friend and co-worker, character-named SgtRok, to play the game. 6-8 months into the game, I handed off Outfit leader position to SgtRok to run administratively, while I juggled school and family life.

The conditions were given and easily understood by SgtRok, that I was the ultimate Outfit Leader of Dark Skyes, and upon my request, to hand it back to me without questions asked.

The original Dark Skyes forum website was under www.fragwire.net , which is a domain purchased and owned by me (William Yale). I decided to resign my commission as a police officer, and deployed to Iraq for the U.S. Dept of State to train Iraqi police. Upon my return, SgtRok moved from Texas to New York to get a new job as a police officer but had to attend the police academy again. He went inactive in-game, even though his subscription was never terminated. While he was inactive, there were many administrative chores to be done such as changing the MOTD because of the teamSpeak IP address had changed so we would not have to repeat ourselves.

With a phone discussion with SgtRok, we decided to hand over the Outfit Leader to (character name)Pipelayer. Pipelayer also acknowledged that he would give OL back to me upon my request.

Both SgtRok and Pipelayer were given Interim Outfit Leader status, which is basically a steward-ship of the outfit, while I am gone. SgtRok began trying to encourage Pipelayer to move the outfit in one direction by MASS RECRUITING, and I tugged at QUALITY RECRUITING, so there was a bit of friction. I requested him to give OL back but he refused.

Around, March or April 2006, I spoke with CSR-DanB to ask what could be done to get my Outfit Leader back to me. HE replied that if it was given away, then that person CHOSE to do what he pleases, and he(CSR-DanB) did not have authorization to transfer Outfit leadership over to me.

After a few weeks, Pipelayer decided to hand me back the reign of Dark Skyes Outfit leader position.

Please understand, Outfit issues IS NOT and SHOULD NOT be intervened by CSR's, according to CSR-DanB. But, my leadership allows ALL members to have a say in the outfit direction before going forth with decisions. SgtRok took it upon himself to found VS Dark Skyes, which was not authorized by the Chain of Command, especially when we are in a TR Alliance that could resort in spying accusations. After some heated forum disagreements, I reduced SgtRok's rank to where he could not kick members out of spite (since this has happened with rogue Generals in the past), in which I have a right for outfit integrity.

Starting in May 2006, I began getting complaints from the chain of command that SgtRok (who was still a member) was sending nasty and disrespectful tells to them when they asked him to squad up and join. Being that he was a real life friend of mine, I continued to keep him in the outfit, but after 2-3 months, too many people were complaining about him. I had to ensure fairness throughout the outfit, so I kicked SgtRok, with much regret as a friend. It was the hardest thing to do since we were cops together in the past for 8 years.

SgtRok had other members of another outfit(or with alt characters) form an outfit called Dark.Skyes and began broadcasting recruiting messages under Dark Skyes instead of "Dark.Skyes" (notice the dot between the words). I sent a complaint under incident #060722-000258 to seek advice and to get the disruptive outfit to cease on July 22, 2006.

On July 24, 2006, CSR-DanB requested a squad invite and pulled me into the squad with himself, myself, and SgtRok to have a discussion about the issue at hand.

DanB demanded to outfit invite him. Out of respect, I did what he said. Then he took over as Outfit Leader. And told me to explain why I should be outfit leader of Dark Skyes instead of SgtRok. DanB said that SgtRok had never cancelled his account and had been leading, PLUS since SgtRok purchased a www.darkskyes.net domain, he should have it. DanB stated that I had been in and out of Planetside account-wise, and I explained to him that I was in Iraq for a year and decided not to pay if I was unable to in another country that was hostile. According to CSR-DanB, his lack of response showed his concern and his bias towards SgtRok.

What CSR-DanB did was completely opposite of what he told me back in March/April 2006. Not only did he ruin his integrity with me, he also ruined the integrity of SOE. I asked to speak to his supervisor, and he said his supervisor told him to give Outfit Leader of Dark Skyes to SgtRok. This hasty decision was based off of poor investigation and poor training of CSR's. I am asking for this complaint to be forwarded to the chain of command OVER CSR-DanB's supervisor to ensure it has been reviewed properly by persons with the ability to conduct proper investigations/complaints, ESPECIALLY since I was a police officer with proper investigative training/interviewing skills.

CSR-DanB accused me of kicking SgtRok out of spite, when I thoroughly explained to him that it was done out of multiple complaints from other members. Even though I did explain the reason, it was not CSR-DanB's right to determine what is RIGHT or WRONG in ridding an outfit member for not complying with outfit rules, and thats what he did.

I request for my Outfit Leader for Dark Skyes. I am STATING that what CSR-DanB and his supervisor was wrong to get caught up with an outfit and former outfit member dispute, and they need to be accounted for it and for disrupting the normal running of the Outfit Dark Skyes

CSR-DanB made his judgment on SgtRok as OL for Dark Skyes because I did not keep my account active and pay SONY as long as SgtRok did PLUS, SgtRok had a domain he paid for under www.darkskyes.net , but my domain that was the original Dark Skyes forum that I annually pay for (www.fragwire.net) did not count, according to CSR-DanB.

Here is a post from SgtRok about his "victorious measures":
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
sgtrok

OUTFIT LEADER

Posted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 10:44 am Post subject: SGTROK REGAINS COMMAND OF THE ORIGINAL DARK SKYES
Today is a great day. Today I was pulled to the sanc by CSRDanb.
DanB asked about the complaints he received from DS in reference to Dark.Skyes. I told him that DARK SKYES belonged to my command and I and we wanted it back.

DanB then pulled Fettara into the sanctuary so we could all have a conversation about it. Fettara did not take it well when CSRDanB decided to reinstate me. Fact is that Fettara should have never been put back in charge. I laid down the facts. I own the domain name for the website,I led for 3 years,I took us to the top.

The facts were plain to see. I explained that Fettara threatened our staff,booted several members including myself and engaged in gross mismanagement. His threats of trademarking our name fell on deaf ears.

CSRDanB looked at everything. Explained that for several months Fett never even had a subscription.
His made up stories about myself and others to transition into the OL position by burying the past did him in. Justice prevails and the truth is evident.

We have our outfit back.

Dan sent me an outfit invite and promoted me. He advised that I make whatever adjustments,kicks,promotions that I deemed fit.

I apologize for the past inconveniences. DS has survived alot of events. From this day foward you will never see the rank of "princess" again.

My first order of business was to boot Fettara. Then followed midnightstalker,techtrooper,redstormtr..monget and laraa left. All gone.

As originally planned DS TR and DS VS will remain stronger than ever.

I appreciate everyones support and look foward to getting back on the right track.

Command and infrastructure will be solid in the coming days.

I am posting the conversation of todays events. Be advised you will encounter some very sore people in the coming days. Good Riddance...

AND FINALLY!!
FETTARA BOWS BEFORE US

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Be advised That DARK.SKYES(with the period) accomplished it's mission in true heroic fashion by recapturing our outfit. Psychological warfare men. I have been military for over 18 years now and that outfit was hard core spec ops. Word never got out. We twisted their heads and pulled them off to regain what is rightfully ours. We won...no one can ever claim otherwise.
Thanks to all the command that participated.

Never underestimate our politics,diplomacy,tenacity,and cunning.

DARK.SKYES has retired it's colors. Job well done in battle. Never forget the outfit that got us OUR outfit back.

Any DARK.SKYES member that had been a member report to the DARK SKYES outfit and be prepared for a hero's welcome!

HOOAH

DanB sucks
PlanetSide Sucks
SgtRok Sucks
SOE Sucks
I can never return this game.
GuntertE, Lv 1, NC on Waterson
GunthertE, Lv3, TR on Mattherson
Landain, Lv3, TR on Jaeger
Gunther
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Postby TheLoneTerran » Tue Jul 25, 2006 6:35 pm

Drama for the lose. It's just a game, whats to get so worked up about?
TheLoneTerran
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Postby Rangerr » Tue Jul 25, 2006 8:47 pm

The drama is besides the point. SgtRok broke the EULA by creating a mock outfit to disrupt the gameplay of a real outfit. SgtRok even admits that it was his purpose. His punishment for these actions was that he was given control of an outfit that he wasn't even in at the time. SOE has officially crossed the line from being an annoyance of epic proportions to being a totalitarian dictatorship. How would we feel if some asshole (lets say for fun, darkestgrey or whatever) decided that he wanted to be OL of our outfit and DanB said sure why not.
[img]http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a139/hook_75/rangerrsig_112.gif[/img]
[url=http://profile.xfire.com/Rangerr][img]http://miniprofile.xfire.com/bg/co/type/2/Rangerr.png[/img][/url]
Life is 1% what happens to you and 99% what you do about it.
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero - Horace
Rangerr
Colonel
Colonel

Postby HeavyArmsCustum » Tue Jul 25, 2006 10:02 pm

I miss PS.
HeavyArmsCustum
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Postby Tackalt » Wed Jul 26, 2006 2:23 pm

What a fucking bonehead. DanB still is the asshole I remember him as being, but it seems he steps in on more personal levels now-a-days. What a fucking cunt.
I kill people IRL.

Tackalt
Major General
Major General

Postby TheLoneTerran » Wed Jul 26, 2006 5:56 pm

What is the big freaking deal with this online drama? It's just a game! People take this crap way too seriously.
TheLoneTerran
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Postby Gunther » Wed Jul 26, 2006 6:51 pm

TheLoneTerran wrote:What is the big freaking deal with this online drama? It's just a game! People take this crap way too seriously.

you are right, Lone. So should Fett just sit down and let Danb and SgtRok get away with it?
Gunther
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Postby TheLoneTerran » Wed Jul 26, 2006 8:05 pm

Heh, if I was fett, I don't know really. I'd probably get my most loyal followers and form an elite outfit and destroy them. Or just play for fun really. It's just a game. But I really don't know what I'd do, it didn't happen to me.
TheLoneTerran
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Postby Gunther » Wed Jul 26, 2006 9:04 pm

TheLoneTerran wrote:Heh, if I was fett, I'd probably get my most loyal followers and form an elite outfit.

This is exactly what I thought he should do. Someone else brought up the point of the Outfit Points in Dark Skyes. I'm sure there are quite a few since this outfit was made three years ago. I know that would piss me off regardless of hte fact that it is "just" a game.
Gunther
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Next

Return to PlanetSide