Greetings from the Vindicators!

Discuss this famous MMOFPS/RTS game.

Greetings from the Vindicators!

Postby Azekiel » Wed Oct 04, 2006 4:47 pm

Hail!

First, let me say thankyou for an excellent match last night. From a personal prospective i had a hell of a time getting anywhere near your base more or less the entire match, and our defence team tells me you were equally tenacious in assault. Whatever the eventual outcome, we'd like to thank you guys for a great fight.

I'd like to ask a few things of you, if i may:

1) do you contest that we got the hack within the time, or just the poor call on behalf of the GM?

2) who left your team and when? we only have the empire populations to go on, and some more accurate timings and numbers would be appreciated.

3) do you have any logs or screenshots of how the tie was called and then withdrawn?

I understand they have already given one side a draw result and the other side a win in a match on another server when the GM was clearly at fault; that's the result we're hoping for here - that or a rematch, with a GM worthy of the name. I recognise you have no reason to help us other than a desire to see fairness done, but we would greatly appreciate any information you can give us.

Naturally, if you have any questions for us i would be happy to answer them in turn.
"Do not try and avoid the plasma. That's impossible. Instead... only try to realize the truth: There is no plasma."

Azekiel1
Bishop
The Vindicators
www.thevindicators.com
Azekiel
Private
Private

Postby FloobieDoobie » Wed Oct 04, 2006 4:57 pm

Not sure when the hack was on but the GM called the game our platoon leader sent out a recall order, by the time I respawned at the sanc people were yelling that it's not over and then the GM apparently agreed, however since half our team was in sanc there was nothing to be done.

No matter the outcome, it was a hell of a lot of fun.
WWFD?
FloobieDoobie
Major
Major

Postby rhonnin » Wed Oct 04, 2006 5:38 pm

I would love to see a rematch, that was great fun and a challenging fight, I was pretty hard pressed to get an ams close to the base no matter how far around I went.
Personally my contention is with the poor call by the ref, if I recall correctly we were pushing into the basement of your base when someone said on Vent that the hack was on our base, a moment later the reff called tie and a bunch of us recalled. The ref refused to return us to the cont even though we had spawn points because the base gen was down.
rhonnin
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Postby Azekiel » Wed Oct 04, 2006 5:57 pm

Rhonnin wrote:I would love to see a rematch, that was great fun and a challenging fight, I was pretty hard pressed to get an ams close to the base no matter how far around I went.
Personally my contention is with the poor call by the ref, if I recall correctly we were pushing into the basement of your base when someone said on Vent that the hack was on our base, a moment later the reff called tie and a bunch of us recalled. The ref refused to return us to the cont even though we had spawn points because the base gen was down.

May i quote you on that?

It seems Enrico is now trying to gloss over the whole issue of by saying the hack occurred AFTER the end was called, but your testimony would appear to support our version of the timeline.
"Do not try and avoid the plasma. That's impossible. Instead... only try to realize the truth: There is no plasma."

Azekiel1
Bishop
The Vindicators
www.thevindicators.com
Azekiel
Private
Private

Postby FloobieDoobie » Wed Oct 04, 2006 7:21 pm

I don't think that giving you a win and us a tie would be fair since we were screwed out of the ability to defend against your hack. I think the whole problem here is that the GM called the game and people began to leave.
Do I think it's fair that you didn't get a chance to try to fulfill the hack? No but I can't see a better solution right now than a tie.
WWFD?
FloobieDoobie
Major
Major

Postby Azekiel » Wed Oct 04, 2006 8:35 pm

FloobieDoobie wrote:I don't think that giving you a win and us a tie would be fair since we were screwed out of the ability to defend against your hack. I think the whole problem here is that the GM called the game and people began to leave.
Do I think it's fair that you didn't get a chance to try to fulfill the hack? No but I can't see a better solution right now than a tie.

I said i didn't want to exchange recriminations with you. we would be more than happy with a rematch, or a draw if it can be shown that in some way that we failed to fulfill our duties. i'd also like to repeat that we do not want to deny you your point for the tie.

At this point however, Enrico is labouring under an untruth: that the hack happened after the tie was called. we would like your help to clarify that to him - we would welcome any input you guys care to give as to how to proceed from there.

Azekiel1
Bishop
The Vindicators
www.thevindicators.com
Azekiel
Private
Private

Postby rhonnin » Wed Oct 04, 2006 8:44 pm

I don't have screens shots myself do say if it's true or not but that was my perception. Feel free to quote me just keep in mind that it's my opinion and may or may not be factual.
rhonnin
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Postby FloobieDoobie » Wed Oct 04, 2006 8:51 pm

I'm not trying to bitch at you in any sense. I was simply pointing out that the problem lies with the poor performance of the GM.
I would love a rematch as not only would it allow one team or the other a chance for more than a draw but winning or losing due to 'conditions' blows. They should let us fight it out cleanly so there can be a clear win,loss or tie.
I'm definately with you in that you did not fail in your duties and yes I agree that you have an argument for a rematch. Hell I'd want a rematch just cause it's fun to fight platoon on platoon and we'd get more games to play than anyone else :)

Im thinking that Enrico is just doing what any ref does when they are wrong, make a judgement and either continue on or replay the down. They never want to admit to doing anything wrong, damn zebras!
WWFD?
FloobieDoobie
Major
Major

Postby Gunther » Wed Oct 04, 2006 9:11 pm

Myself and one other soldier were in your CC when we saw the Game End as a tie. The other player hacked the CC and I prepared to defend. Next I saw my platoon leader put out the recall order and I accepted it. At that time, both your team and ours had a hack on each other's CCs. Your team entered the CC, killed myself and my partner. It was an easy kill as neither of us resisted knowing the game had ended. Next you obviously resecured your CC assuming the game was continuing. I respawned at sanc and quickly got out of the game because i had to deal with a real life issue. For Vindicators to receive a WIN and Enforcers to receive a tie is not fair like Floobie said, because from my perspective, we had a hack on your base at the end of hte game too. Only from your side it was resecured before anyone knew a problem existed.
GuntertE, Lv 1, NC on Waterson
GunthertE, Lv3, TR on Mattherson
Landain, Lv3, TR on Jaeger
Gunther
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Postby Rangerr » Wed Oct 04, 2006 9:13 pm

I believe that unless we get a rematch, somebody is getting the shaft. However, I agree with Sir Floob in that they will never admit their mistake and allow us the chance.
[img]http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a139/hook_75/rangerrsig_112.gif[/img]
[url=http://profile.xfire.com/Rangerr][img]http://miniprofile.xfire.com/bg/co/type/2/Rangerr.png[/img][/url]
Life is 1% what happens to you and 99% what you do about it.
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero - Horace
Rangerr
Colonel
Colonel

Next

Return to PlanetSide