Patch wed march 21st

Discuss this famous MMOFPS/RTS game.

Patch wed march 21st

Postby rhonnin » Tue Mar 20, 2007 11:18 pm

All PlanetSide servers will be coming down on Wednesday, March 20, 2007 at 3:00 am US Pacific Time (4 am MST, 5 am CST, 6 am EST, -8 GMT) for Game Update 3.12.04. Estimated downtime is 1 hour.

Patch notes:

*** Certifications ***

* Fortification Engineering
* Assault Engineering
* Advanced Engineering

*** Weapons ***

* FDU
o Aegis Shield Generator
o One Manned Field Turrets
o Tactical Resonance Area Protection (TRAP)

* ACE
o Shadow Turret
o Cerberus Turret
o Disrupter Mine

* Upgrade Canister
o Wall Turret AV upgrade
o Wall Turret AA upgrade

***Fortification Engineer***

* Fortification Engineering requires Engineering and Combat Engineering as a pre-requisite. Fortification Engineering costs 3 Certification points.
* In addition to the Engineering and Combat Engineering abilities a Fortification Engineers can deploy Shadow and Cerberus turrets, TRAPS, Uugrade Wall Turrets using the Upgrade Canister, and upgrade the Aegis Shield Generator.
* Fortification Engineers can now use up to 15 Spitfire Turrets!
* Shadow and Cerberus Turrets count towards the 15 Spitfire Turret cap and are limited to a maximum of 5 total (not each).
* Fortification Engineers can deploy use up to 25 Mines!
* A certified Fortification Engineer can now deploy 25 Motion Sensors!

***Assault Engineer***

* Assault Engineering requires Engineering and Combat Engineering as a pre-requisite. Assault Engineering costs 3 Certification points.
* In addition to the Engineering and Combat Engineering abilities an Assault Engineer can deploy an Aegis shield, One Manned Field Turrets, Disrupter Mines, and upgrade the Aegis Shield Generator!
* Assault Engineers can now deploy standard Spitfire Turrets within an Enemy SOI!

***Advanced Engineer***

* Advanced Engineering requires Engineering and Combat Engineering as a pre-requisite. Advanced Engineering costs 5 Certification points.
* In addition to the Engineering and Combat Engineering abilities an Advanced Engineer gains the abilities of an Assault and Fortification Engineer. This would be your all in one cert!

*** ACE***

* In order to deploy the new Spitfire deployables, Fortification Engineers can now switch ammo type using the "X" button.
* In order to deploy the new Mine deployables, Assault Engineers can now switch ammo type using the "X" button.

***Aegis Shield Generator***

* Aegis Shield generators can be upgraded using the Nano-Dispenser only if the Aegis Shield Generator is at full health.

***One Manned Field Turrets***

* Terran Repulic soldiers can now deploy the Avenger Field Turret to unleash a brutal stream of chaingun fire!
* New Conglomerate soldiers can now deploy the Osprey Field Turret to obliterate any enemies in it's sights!
* Vanu Sovereignty soldiers can now deploy the Orion Field Turret which fires deadly energy particles at it's enemies!

***Upgrade Canisters***

* Using a Nano Dispenser, Fortification Engineers can use the "X" button to switch to the Upgrade Canister cartridge. Turrets need to be fairly healthy in order to upgrade them so be sure to fix them up before attempting an upgrade!

***Merits***

* Field turret kills should count towards the phalanx turret merit. These are Empire specific merits!
* All 3 spitfire variants count towards Tiny Robotics merit.
* Cerberus turrets and AA Wall Turret upgrade kills count towards your Air Defender merits!
* New deployables count towards Engineering and Equipment support merits!

***Spawn Tubes***

* An issue that allowed Spawn Tubes to be taken down with a single boomer has been resolved.

***UI***

* The CE HUD has changed to accommodate the new deployables. There are now 3 states which can be toggled with Alt + E.
o Hidden
o Combat Engineering
o Advanced Engineering
rhonnin
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Postby Rangerr » Wed Mar 21, 2007 6:28 am

I was going to make a sarcastic comment about SOE, but I find I'm just too apathetic at this point to care.
[img]http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a139/hook_75/rangerrsig_112.gif[/img]
[url=http://profile.xfire.com/Rangerr][img]http://miniprofile.xfire.com/bg/co/type/2/Rangerr.png[/img][/url]
Life is 1% what happens to you and 99% what you do about it.
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero - Horace
Rangerr
Colonel
Colonel

Return to PlanetSide