Update today

Discuss this famous MMOFPS/RTS game.

Postby jediknight » Wed Aug 08, 2007 11:14 pm

bring back reserves. I wanna play bad!
jediknight
Major General
Major General

Postby McGuyver » Wed Aug 08, 2007 11:19 pm

It has been a ton of fun for the past couple of days. So many targets as of late, I love it!
Mac
McGuyver
Outfit Commander
Outfit Commander

Postby Rangerr » Fri Aug 10, 2007 7:49 am

All empires have finished production of the Phantasm and Galaxy Gunship, and are now available to anyone with the corresponding certifications. Here's a few details about each.

Phantasm

The Phantasm is a flying transport vehicle that can carry a pilot and up to four passengers.
The pilot controls a small 12mm chaingun.
The pilot has access to a cloaking mechanism that will make the Phantasm virtually invisible.
While cloaked, the Phantasm will be undetectable by all radar systems. However, firing its weapon or moving at high speeds may compromise its stealth.
The Phantasm is only available at bases with a link to a Tech Plant (or at your sanctuary).

Galaxy Gunship

The Galaxy Gunship is a large craft similar to the Galaxy.
It carries a pilot and 5 gunners.
The wing guns and tail gun are rotary 35mm chainguns, and the two front GroundPounders fire explosive mortar cartridges (similar to the Marauder).
The gunship is only available at Dropship Centers (or at your sanctuary).

There have also been some sightings of soldiers clad in green armor, but they seem to be in hiding as there have been no recent reports of any activity. The objectives of these men are unclear, but they appear to be hostile towards all empires and should be considered extremely dangerous. If you see one, shoot to kill.

Bug Fixes

Blackouts and flickering lights in the bases should no longer occur
An exploit/bug has been fixed where a door would stay open if a player stood directly above or beneath it, even if they were several floors down.
A bug that would occur in laggy situations where the first person arms would detach from the camera has been fixed (this was especially true with the Spiker and grenades)
A bug that would occur while hotswapping and equipping weapons quickly in third person where the first person arms would not show and the first bullet fired would miss has been fixed.
Spawn tube doors, AMP Station CC doors, and big Dropship Center door at the ramp that leads to the Dropship terminal should all open and close more reliably
The bug with the equipment terminal not allowing users to acquire weapons, etc. should occur much less often, if at all.
The first time event text for the CUD has been updated to reflect when you actually receive the “Reveal Enemies” ability
Now when a TR MAX locks down in front of a friendly spawn tube, its physics are disabled for friendly players. If the avatar or spawn tube is an enemy, the MAX will still block them. (prevents TR Max from griefing near tubes)
First time event notifications can now be closed while viewing the overhead map
A bug with the ACE that would allow normal Combet Engineers to deploy Advanced CE if they got the ACE from an Advanced Engineer has been fixed (this also occasionally caused server crashes).

Holy shit they may have fixed the blackout bug and the equipment terminal bug. Run for da hills.
[img]http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a139/hook_75/rangerrsig_112.gif[/img]
[url=http://profile.xfire.com/Rangerr][img]http://miniprofile.xfire.com/bg/co/type/2/Rangerr.png[/img][/url]
Life is 1% what happens to you and 99% what you do about it.
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero - Horace
Rangerr
Colonel
Colonel

Postby roadrunner » Fri Aug 10, 2007 8:27 am

My trial is still active and I will most likely sub for a month or two after that. I am having fun atm and it should hold me over until the next batch of games come out in the fall.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

-Albert Einstein
roadrunner
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Postby jediknight » Fri Aug 10, 2007 10:22 am

u have a trial?? shit SOE has never gave me nothing and ive spent hundreds in subs.
jediknight
Major General
Major General

Postby roadrunner » Fri Aug 10, 2007 10:43 am

I didn't know I had it before I reinstalled. I think SOE gave them to old members from time to time. I must not have used the last one.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

-Albert Einstein
roadrunner
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Postby HeavyArmsCustum » Fri Aug 10, 2007 10:57 am

RoadRunner wrote:I didn't know I had it before I reinstalled. I think SOE gave them to old members from time to time. I must not have used the last one.

Yeah the same happened to me. I'm going to DL it again and sub for a while soon. Not sure when, but i'm coming back at some point.
HeavyArmsCustum
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Postby rhonnin » Fri Aug 10, 2007 11:33 am

I had been waiting for my current canceled sub to run out to hopefully get the free games SOE has been offering to some of the VG players that cancel, yesterday was the last day so I should be resubbing tonight and playing some PS.
Also got e-mail from them yesterday saying they reactivated my SWG account for 21 days, I think they tend to reactivate old accounts a lot so it might be worth reinstalling PS and just trying to log in.
rhonnin
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Postby Droxor » Fri Aug 10, 2007 12:04 pm

I experienced the Blackout bug today at Irkala Interlink. Mac is right though. . .the kills have been many. I usually average around 100, but the other day I was on for 6 hours and got 252 kills, which for me is very nice. Granted an OS killing 2 full Galaxies and an AMS at the back door of an Interfarm helped. . .but nice none the less.

I would recomend resubbing to any Vets. Also for you MAX whores *cough* Heavy *cough* with the addition of these news Phantasm's people are using them to farm softies with their cloaked Mossi Guns, and while stealthed they cannot be locked on by Anti Air, only Burster. . .so plenty of kills there.

Same for you pilots.
---------
Its worth the 15 dollars I can garuntee that :D Plus Mac and I can give you some quick tips to get you back in the feel for things and making strong BEP. Droxer just resubbed for the first time in almost 2 years and he is doing fantastic. (And we all know how much he sucked :twisted: )
Last edited by Droxor on Sun Aug 12, 2007 5:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Droxor
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Postby betasoldier » Fri Aug 10, 2007 12:41 pm

In all likely hood I'll be resubbing in November or so for at least one month. Want to do it now but.... yeah.
betasoldier
Major General
Major General

PreviousNext

Return to PlanetSide