Adv CE stuff

Discuss this famous MMOFPS/RTS game.

Adv CE stuff

Postby roadrunner » Mon Sep 17, 2007 9:17 am

I switched around my certs to pick up the complete Adv engineering package. I can't yet place the shadow and AA spitfires. Does anyone know what achievement I need in order to access these?

BTW adv engineering is a blast and really helps a K/D ratio. I was 48/11 the last time I played. It feels kinda cheap but a active enemy tower + adv CE = easy kills.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

-Albert Einstein
roadrunner
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Postby McGuyver » Mon Sep 17, 2007 9:29 am

You can switch to the other items just like switching ammo for the thumper. Mine is the "X" to switch ammo types. Try that the next time you log in.
Mac
McGuyver
Outfit Commander
Outfit Commander

Postby roadrunner » Mon Sep 17, 2007 9:38 am

I tried that Mac but no dice. I read in the cert description that the special types of spits can be unlocked so I assume that it is tied to an achievement. I only have CE silver right now.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

-Albert Einstein
roadrunner
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Postby McGuyver » Mon Sep 17, 2007 9:45 am

Oh crap, I took it for granted. I think I have plat or maybe higher. I must have over looked that one. I know some of them like the shadow spit can only be placed in a friendly SOI.

The new CE is a lot of fun and like you said it can rack up a ton of kills for you in a short time.
Mac
McGuyver
Outfit Commander
Outfit Commander

Postby rhonnin » Mon Sep 17, 2007 12:26 pm

I think I only have silver as well Road and I can place all of the items.
I've been using the shield generator as a kind of sniper base, you can set it up and charge it to keep vehicles and weapons fire out as well as serve as a rearming station, i then plop a motion sensor and a spit inside the bubble to help defend against infantry and a couple cerberus turrets around nearby.
It also works well as support for burster maxes.
rhonnin
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Postby roadrunner » Mon Sep 17, 2007 2:24 pm

I will take a look at it again

-Albert Einstein
roadrunner
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Return to PlanetSide