Christmas with Planetside

Discuss this famous MMOFPS/RTS game.

Christmas with Planetside

Postby Tackalt » Thu Dec 20, 2007 5:55 pm

Looking for an affordable getaway this Holiday Season? Come and spend the Holidays with PlanetSide®!

Tis’ the season for giving and we’re giving players a chance to come back to PlanetSide to experience all the excitement of the latest game updates and holiday cheer in the world of Auraxis!

From December 19th, 2007 at 11:59PM PST until January 20, 2008 at 11:59PM PST all former PlanetSide accounts in good standing that have been inactive for sixty (60) days or more are invited to return to PlanetSide for fourteen (14) consecutive days. Check out the game’s additional vehicles, weaponry, enhanced combat engineering and latest updates – but only if you have been nice this year!

PlanetSide has been taken over by the holiday spirit with festively decorated trees, hats, and empire specific presents to replace back pack corpses left behind by fallen soldiers. In addition, scavenger hunts have been scheduled so that players can gain special items to be used during the holiday season.

The holidays won’t be around for long and this trial reactivation period is only fourteen (14) days, so make sure to log in now and get your goodies before the nanites wear off and it’s over! The holidays are a great time to reconnect with friends & family and there is no better way to celebrate than by pwn’ing someone you love! We’ll be looking for you in PlanetSide!

Happy Holidays from the PlanetSide Team!

* This offer expires January 20, 2008 at 11:59PM PST; you must enter the free service trial before that time to take advantage of this offer. This offer is not available for current PlanetSide or Station Access or for accounts that were banned or were not in good standing when the PlanetSide or Station Access subscription previously expired or were terminated.
* PlanetSide game software must be installed on your computer system in order to take advantage this service offer. If you have uninstalled PlanetSide, download the PlanetSide Launch Pad at http://planetside.station.sony.com/download.vm or the Station Launcher Beta at www.stationlauncher.com and log in with the Station Account and password which you had previously used to subscribe to the game; the game should automatically begin to patch.
* Entering billing information will terminate the fourteen (14) days of free service and you will lose the balance of any unused free play period game time. In addition, if you re-subscribe to PlanetSide, you will not be entitled to any game time that may be, or may have been, included with the purchase of certain versions of, or other offers related to, PlanetSide.
* Sony Online Entertainment does not ensure continuous or error-free access, use or availability of any game content, feature, game-play or server and may change, modify, disable, suspend or remove any such content, feature, game-play or server at their sole discretion.
* To add billing information to your account, simply launch the game file from your computer and choose the Account button to log in to your Station Account. Then choose the Edit Account button. Next, click on the Edit Subscription button to view payment options. Then enter your chosen payment method, chose a subscription service package and enter your billing information. Additional, recurring subscription fees apply.

I'm reinstalling with my old discs right now. I'm gonna try to jump in sometime tonight. Hopefully my shitty ass laptop will be able to handle PS on its low settings.

I'm definitely saving up for a gaming laptop come next fall when I start getting the Air Force to pay for college. :wink:
I kill people IRL.

Tackalt
Major General
Major General

Postby cApNhOwDy » Thu Dec 20, 2007 8:28 pm

My god, thank you for posting this. I was about to go out and buy a timecard, thank god I checked the forums first :o

Seeya on Planetside! Oh boy I'm excited.
cApNhOwDy
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Postby Tackalt » Thu Dec 20, 2007 9:08 pm

Well my laptop can handle it, but I can't handle the people. Maybe it's just me, but there was a three way battle with little more than a red alert worth of people on the whole continent.

Meh :(
I kill people IRL.

Tackalt
Major General
Major General

Postby McGuyver » Thu Dec 20, 2007 9:11 pm

More Targets!!!
[smilie=armata_pdt_40.gif]
Mac
McGuyver
Outfit Commander
Outfit Commander

Postby cApNhOwDy » Fri Dec 21, 2007 1:54 am

Tackalt wrote:Well my laptop can handle it, but I can't handle the people. Maybe it's just me, but there was a three way battle with little more than a red alert worth of people on the whole continent.

Meh :(

I bet it gets busier during peak hours. I distinctly remember still having a damn good time with only 4 people on vent, driving around in some sort of tankish vehicle, all of us gunning down mosquitos while the adults drank beer. For me, that's ALWAYS a blast 8)
cApNhOwDy
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Postby redwarrior666 » Fri Dec 21, 2007 10:44 am

Fuckin Aye .... I will be there from time to time loaded up out of my mind on meds, I may only make it throguh 30 minutes but how can I resist if the population comes back to PS. Feeling much better the doctor has me on a painkiller, muscle-relaxer anti-depressant and anti Siesure mix that I take all at one time and its really helping. Still waiting on a nero-surgeon to talk to about my situation. Ahyhoo this is exciting and pain or not I want some action....

Red
----------------------------------------
"
redwarrior666
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Postby rhonnin » Fri Dec 21, 2007 1:59 pm

Just so you don't feel different Red I'll play all loaded up on pills too, maybe some mushrooms or something too. :wink:
rhonnin
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Postby redwarrior666 » Fri Dec 21, 2007 4:00 pm

thanks Rhonnin it's good to know I'm not alone :lol:
----------------------------------------
"
redwarrior666
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Postby betasoldier » Fri Dec 21, 2007 4:59 pm

I'll try coming back as well. But it won't be until after Christmas so I can get the most out of the 14 days. I'll be gone tomorrow until the 26th. Then gone for another day sometime after that, 29th or something.

Alright guys, come on, lets support Red! EVERYONE COME BACK TO PS AND PLAY HIGH AS SHIT! TO THE DRUG STORE! OR THE STREET CORNER! TAKE YOUR PICK! 8)
betasoldier
Major General
Major General

Postby rhonnin » Fri Dec 21, 2007 5:08 pm

Or your elderly mothers medicine drawer.
Or for those of use who are already old and decrepit enough to be medicated just double up on that days dose.
rhonnin
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Next

Return to PlanetSide