PS2 Forum Recruitment thread

Discuss this famous MMOFPS/RTS game.

PS2 Forum Recruitment thread

Postby duskguy » Sat Dec 15, 2012 4:24 pm

so the PS2 forums has a thread for recruiting members. i was thinking of just making a thread just to see if we cant get some people out of it. because if you didnt know, the platoon last night netted us 1 person, Mazsin. not sure if he was drunk as well, or if he genuinely liked how we played, but he stuck with us for about an hour or so before going offline and joining. anyway, the thread i was going to make is this:

I wont get into a long spiel about how great we are or how much ass we kick like some of these other outfits, but i will give you an overview of who we are, because in the end this is a game and you play to have fun, and the people you surround yourself with can add or subtract from that.

about us:
basically, we're a group of laid back casual players, some of which know each other, some of which dont. a number of the "old school" enforcers played planetside 1 so the outfit name may be familiar. others, such as myself met them through other games such as World of Warcraft, Battlefield games or other fps or rpgs. we're not a large outfit, but most of us have known each other through games or real life for years and know how to have fun.

What we ask:
all we ask is you have fun with the game and if you join the outfit, have fun with it. While there are no restrictions with who you play with, or mandatory meetings or requirements, most of us are 18+, so the language, topics of discussion in vent and how drunk we get may exceed anything you've experienced before. we just ask that you try and be as respectful as you can, some people tolerate more than others

if you join, as said, we have a vent and a website: http://www.theenforcers.org but again, neither is mandatory. if you want to squad with others who arent in the outfit, go ahead; if you want to squad up with the outfit, all we ask is that you communicate and try to keep up with waypoints.

as one of the people who regularly start and run outfit squads which consist of usually 4-6 people unless we try arranging a day for a larger squad action, i can say that we get things done. while we may not have the numbers of AoD or the enclave, we have fun and we take smaller bases and occasionally meet up with the zerg for free points.

Summary:
if you join us, or want to give us a go, message Duskguy in game or send a friend request if i am not on. ill get you into the outfit, and you can give us a trial. if you like the way things go you can stay, if not, there is nothing to force you to stay. squads tend to be small scale, laid back and focused on fun while still taking territory and killing the NC and VS.

thoughts comments, changes?
live like you want, who cares
"The enemy of my enemy is simply my enemy's enemy, nothing more" -The Belisarius Saga-
duskguy
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Re: PS2 Forum Recruitment thread

Postby Tackalt » Sat Dec 15, 2012 4:30 pm

Grammar.
I kill people IRL.

Tackalt
Major General
Major General

Postby duskguy » Sat Dec 15, 2012 5:12 pm

yes, grammar.

its not a final draft, ill copy paste it and then go through for grammar, but besides that.

no capital letters for first of sentences as such.... its not microsoft word and im not writing it by hand unfprtunately
"The enemy of my enemy is simply my enemy's enemy, nothing more" -The Belisarius Saga-
duskguy
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Postby Aetherfox » Sun Dec 16, 2012 12:55 pm

Manditory 18+, Vent, working mic, and squading up on fri/sat operations. Thats my 2 cents :)
Aetherfox
Private First Class
Private First Class

Postby rhonnin » Sun Dec 16, 2012 7:03 pm

Let's keep a handle on all the racist bullshit too when recruiting people. Friday nights vent went way over the line a few times and passing it into platoon chat made tE look like a pack of racist homophobes.
rhonnin
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Postby duskguy » Sun Dec 16, 2012 9:49 pm

rhonnin wrote:Let's keep a handle on all the racist bullshit too when recruiting people. Friday nights vent went way over the line a few times and passing it into platoon chat made tE look like a pack of racist homophobes.

...i think scrub is just about ready to come out of the closet though.... but i agree. anything about the content of the thread?
duskguy
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Postby rhonnin » Sun Dec 16, 2012 11:54 pm

Maybe add something in the about us, about how we have a long history as a top outfit in PS1. Maybe Gunther or someone can come up with something appropriate.
We held the number one spot in outfit points by a wide margin for pretty much our whole run in PS1. None of us have even played in 2 years and I bet we are still in the top 10.
We lead major multi-outfit ops like operation Hindenburg that pretty much shaped the history of the early game.
rhonnin
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Postby duskguy » Mon Dec 17, 2012 4:35 pm

Updated, grammar checked version. what do you think?
will post this tomorrow night if there are no changes needed.

I won’t get into a long spiel about how great we are or how much ass we kick like some of these other outfits, but I will give you an overview of who we are, because in the end this is a game and you play to have fun, and the people you surround yourself with can add or subtract from that.

About us:
Basically, we're a group of laid back casual players, some of which know each other in real life, some of which don’t. A number of the "old school" enforcers played planetside 1 so the outfit name may be familiar from multi-outfit operations such as operation Hindenburg. Others, such as myself met the outfit through other games such as World of Warcraft, Battlefield games or other fps or rpgs. We're not a large outfit, but because most of us have known each other through games or real life for years, we know how to have fun and work together.

What we ask:
All we ask is you have fun with the game and if you join the outfit, have fun with it. While there are no restrictions with who you play with, or mandatory meetings our only real requirement is to be 18+, most of us are 20+, so the language, topics of discussion in vent and how drunk we get may exceed anything you've experienced before. We just ask that you try and be as respectful as you can; some people tolerate more than others. If we ever get to rowdy, let us know; because as said, we all have our own limits.

If you join, as stated, we have a vent and we have a website: http://www.theenforcers.org but neither is mandatory. If you want to squad with others who aren’t in the outfit, go ahead; if you want to squad up with the outfit, all we ask is that you communicate (vent, or in game voice/text) and try to keep up with waypoints.

As one of the people who regularly start and run outfit squads which consist of usually 4-6 people unless we try arranging a day for a larger squad action, I can say that we get things done. While we may not have the numbers of larger outfits such as AoD or the enclave, we have fun and we take smaller bases and occasionally meet up with the zerg for free points and large fights.

Summary:
If you join us, or want to give us a go, message Duskguy in game or send a friend request if I am not on. I’ll get you into the outfit, and you can give us a trial. If you like the way things go you can stay, if not, there is nothing to force you to stay. Squads tend to be small scale, laid back and focused on fun while still taking territory and killing the NC and VS.
duskguy
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Postby rhonnin » Mon Dec 17, 2012 7:42 pm

Can you post images there? It strikes me as a great use of one of Damaen's retro propaganda posters. Does anyone have those still kicking around or is D willing to whip one up fresh?
rhonnin
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Postby duskguy » Mon Dec 17, 2012 7:58 pm

rhonnin wrote:Can you post images there? It strikes me as a great use of one of Damaen's retro propaganda posters. Does anyone have those still kicking around or is D willing to whip one up fresh?

pretty sure pics can be posted, others do it.
duskguy
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Next

Return to PlanetSide