FUCKING DEVS! LOOK AT THIS!

Discuss this famous MMOFPS/RTS game.

FUCKING DEVS! LOOK AT THIS!

Postby betasoldier » Wed May 04, 2005 7:18 pm

Firefly of BWC posted this on the ULTRA forums, the credit for finding this goes to KIAsan.

Edit:Also, I know that this has happened for the TR but had always assumed it happened for every other empire.Pisses me off that it's not. :evil:

Copy and pasted:

Some research done by Nexus8 and posted to the OF. I copied and pasted from the BWC forums, credited to KIAsan. Please inform your guys on your forums - the TR need their own reason to bitch and moan on the OF and finally we have an explanation and a reason.

Linkage

Quote:
1. The "COF bloom when being shot " which is most prominent on the MCG, is also present on the cycler, repeater, anything empire specific to the TR. We are not convince that this nerf applies to others empires and their weapons, and even other empires which use our weapons. We are calling it "the TR NERF" as it only seems to effect the TR and their use of their weapons. Whatever the true extent of the COF bloom when being shot, we would like it removed on the basis of it simply being unnecessary and unfun, especially when its so damaging to one empire alone. Again, we havent observed this phenomenon in the other two empires, however even if we could have, we wouldnt want it put upon them either... the "feature" *nerf* is
unwelcome and unfun.

addendum, we just verified as TR that the amp, suppressor, decimator, thumper, rocklett riffle and bolt driver also behavoir this way, however, we have not observed the as of this morning the same condition in NC alts or in VS alts. Apparently this nerf effects TR only. Moose reported when fielding a puslar as TR and being shot, that his COF bloomed out sight unlike when his VS alt shot the pulsar while being shot. THis nerf appears to be in effect on the TR only, and any weapon they touch. It doesnt appear to effect the NC or the VS soldiers. Could someone fraps and post this comparing the three empires.?

We are also trying to see if this effect TR maxs as well. Originally we knew this confined to the MCG only, but over the event we more more weapons than normal and became suspicious. We wil be looking at max later today , and now we are wondering if a Terran field vehicle and is hit by incomming fire while firing, does the vehicle whether empire specific or common pool also COF bloom.... if thats case, would simply like the "Terran EMpire nerf" removed. nothing more. We dont even care who did this or why.

addendum 2: we just confirm that Terran Maxs unit when taking fire exprience COF bloom, however other empires maxs dont.

There is pattern here, someone problem implemented this along time ago to nerf down an Terran Republic which was over powered. However since that time, every weapon, max and vehicle has gotten the nerf bat and we are no longer a feared empired.

Bottomline, remove the nerf and the weapons, Maxs and vehicles are fine. they maintain their cof and therefore the benefit of using them. Dont remove the nerf we wil contine stink even with the same common pool the others use.

....and I thought this was contained to the MCG only...geez were we wrong. this is unreally unprofesional on the part of the individuals which decided to due this and leave it for such a long. Whats worse is they probably didnt bother to tell samhayneps about this ( yet another thing gone unmentioned)....ok

If true, would explain a lot. BTW, we need to start getting TR to flood the OF and demand this fixed.
betasoldier
Major General
Major General

Postby Valkyrie » Wed May 04, 2005 8:25 pm

Star Wars Galaxy Devs are worst......much worst
''If Audrey was an Animal she would eat her young"-Rhonnin
The only bad vampire is a vampire out for your emotions
The Only Enforcer with a Naval Rank ^.^
Valkyrie
Commander
Commander

Postby HeavyArmsCustum » Wed May 04, 2005 9:39 pm

It gives a while new fucking meaning to TR = PS on hard mode.
What the fucking hell!
God, i even remember a small mention of that like 2 years ago. Never gave it a second thought. Should have now that i remember.
I've noticed the COF bloom on MAXs for some time and didn't really pay attention to it. Worked around it. But oh god the number of fights i could have won if it wasn't for that extra bloom.
Words can't really descrive what i am thinking right now. but somehow, deep down, i'm not surprised if this turns out to be 100% true.
HeavyArmsCustum
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Postby betasoldier » Wed May 04, 2005 10:37 pm

The link didn't come through, here is the original post, on page four towards the bottom.
http://psforums.station.sony.com/ps/boa ... ing&page=4

And Heavy, I hadn't found the right post in there, virtually no one has responded to this.
betasoldier
Major General
Major General

Postby jediknight » Thu May 05, 2005 1:41 pm

Yeah it needs to be posted in TR forums,also emerald.
jediknight
Major General
Major General

Postby jediknight » Thu May 05, 2005 1:54 pm

VOID
Last edited by jediknight on Thu May 05, 2005 1:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jediknight
Major General
Major General

Postby jediknight » Thu May 05, 2005 1:55 pm

Now it still hasn't been "Proven".But just in case I will not play TR.Until this thing gets straighten out!I'm a good player hell allot of us are,to be secretly NERTF for almost 2 yrs is fucking BULLSHIT!!All the times i died while useing MA/HA,when i shouldn't have.As VS i notice while using the pulsar i can "hold" My own against NC with HA.But as TR i cannot with the cycler.I always thought it was the damage deff between each MA gun.
jediknight
Major General
Major General

Postby HeavyArmsCustum » Thu May 05, 2005 3:38 pm

Plain and simple it is bullshit.
Weather it is true or not. But still, god damn.
And Valk, i know Gallaxie's devs are worse, but you have to admit this is pretty damn bad.
HeavyArmsCustum
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Postby betasoldier » Thu May 05, 2005 3:51 pm

I'm still going to play TR, but this pisses me off.
betasoldier
Major General
Major General

Postby jediknight » Fri May 06, 2005 11:24 pm

Ok i was pissed when i wrote that.Ill still play TR,Just not as much.
jediknight
Major General
Major General

Next

Return to PlanetSide