Who is ready for some football?

No smelly socks or jocks here just some good ranting about your favorite team.

Postby Droxor » Wed Jan 18, 2006 9:44 pm

HeavyArmsCustum wrote:If both the Colts and Pats make it to the title game

LoL. . .you 2 poor little men. . .

Panthers > Seahawks
Steelers > Broncos

Steelers > Panthers

I will say All these games are close. . .so anyone could be right in thier guesses here. I don't think there is such thing as a sure bet for the rest of this post season.

BTW the Patriots are never making it back to the super bowl under the current staff. . .take that to the bank.

Also Colts are good. . .but does this years Colts story ring any bells? Try the KC Chiefs a few years ago. . .Had a hot streak then went into a tail spin like the Colts. . .had a week off in the playoffs as the #1 Offense and #1 seed. . .and then lost (To the Colts btw) and havn't been the same since. WHY?

NEWS FLASH!!!! When teams have "Blow Out" offenses, after 1 or 2 years the league figures them out. Yes they remain good. . .but never THAT good. Colts are going to need more help and a better team. . .that is REALLY hard given their current good roster. . .but now everyone knows their tricks, time to find a new rabbit to pull out of the indiana top hat.

This decades newest Dynasty? Who can REALLY tell. . .a dynasty is so hard to have. The Pats did it, and I will give it to them cause they earnd it, but that's over. My money is on the Pittsburg Steelers. . .if not this year to start their rule as champs. . .sometime soon.
Droxor
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Postby HeavyArmsCustum » Thu Jan 19, 2006 5:58 pm

Seahawks > Panthers

Steelers > Broncos

Pats and Colts have nothing to worry about.

The Pats had a lot of injuries this time and are proven winners. Period.
They'll be back in the heat of the playoff picture once they get healthy and free agentcy. I'd be scard if you play NE next year.
The Colts may lose a great running back, but a great running back that didn't want to be there. They will still be there weather people know their offense or not. Why? Defence. It just plain is getting better and better in Indy. And they have plenty of play makers there that are only getting better and better.
Couple of trades, the draft, and your yet again looking at a great team.

But the teams that are going to be scary next year are as follows. Chargers, The Chefs, and Miami.
Miami could be getting Edgeron James. They've gotten so much better and they're only going to get better. Then add James.
HeavyArmsCustum
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Postby BCoop » Thu Jan 19, 2006 8:22 pm

HeavyArmsCustum wrote: Miami could be getting Edgeron James. They've gotten so much better and they're only going to get better. Then add James.

Why would they want Edgerrin James? They are training a great prospect an d have Ricky Williams for the next few years at the minimum league pay (less than 500k per year). They get Williams for practically free and take no major hit on their 90 million sollar salary cap. They'd be nuts to take on a third top-tier running back.
BCoop
Major General
Major General

Postby HeavyArmsCustum » Thu Jan 19, 2006 10:32 pm

BCoop wrote:
HeavyArmsCustum wrote: Miami could be getting Edgeron James. They've gotten so much better and they're only going to get better. Then add James.

Why would they want Edgerrin James? They are training a great prospect an d have Ricky Williams for the next few years at the minimum league pay (less than 500k per year). They get Williams for practically free and take no major hit on their 90 million sollar salary cap. They'd be nuts to take on a third top-tier running back.

Ah, but you see, Edge wants to go to Florida. Or at least south. The 3 most likely places for him to end up is Miami, Tampa, and Atlanta.
He doesn't really want to be in Indy. He hasn't wanted to. He's been a soldier about it and played hard anyway, but he wants out of Indy and to go south.
HeavyArmsCustum
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Postby Anairt » Fri Jan 20, 2006 2:25 am

I dont think Edge will go to Miami with Ronny Brown there. Also Reggie Wayne is up on the block next year so they have to make a decision for either Edge or Wayne.. If i where them I would take Wayne over Edge.. I think you can put a halfway decent back in Indy and make him look great. Wayne will take a lot of money to keep being as hes the only good reciever that is a free agent this year.
Anairt
Sergeant
Sergeant

Postby BCoop » Fri Jan 20, 2006 2:54 pm

If he decides not re-sign, he might head to Jacksonville, as Fred Taylor is getting old. The Cardinals, 49ers, Rams, etc. could use a back but I think he'd rather stay in Indy than head to any of those teams.
BCoop
Major General
Major General

Postby Droxor » Fri Jan 20, 2006 10:04 pm

Don't look for to much from the chiefs. . .I love them. . .but there is allot going down here on the home front that im sure allot of you arn't aware of :(

2nd I didnt say the Pats and Colts wouldnt be deadly. . .I said the Pats wont win another super bowl under this staff. . .and Colts will be figured out next year. . .
(I got money that the Edge goes to the land of the Cowboys next season IF they do not get T.O. (who I think will either be a COwboy or Bronco). . .)

Teams to look for. . .STILL the Steelers.
Droxor
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Postby TheLoneTerran » Fri Jan 20, 2006 10:07 pm

As long as the Packers and the Dolphins arn't a threat, I'm a happy man.
TheLoneTerran
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Postby BCoop » Sat Jan 21, 2006 9:36 am

Watch out for the Giants, they will be back to full strength next year, Eli will be better still, amd the word on the street is that they might be getting Ty Law when the Jets dump his salary (they're 20 million over next year's salary cap) cause Will Peterson's injury might be career threatening.
BCoop
Major General
Major General

Postby outlaw022 » Sun Jan 22, 2006 10:16 pm

wow both games were like blow outs well any way seahawks and steelers
outlaw022
Captain
Captain

PreviousNext

Return to Locker Room