Who is ready for some football?

No smelly socks or jocks here just some good ranting about your favorite team.

Who is ready for some football?

Postby HeavyArmsCustum » Fri Sep 09, 2005 3:38 pm

Lord knows i am.
The season officially opened up last ngiht with a one sided duel between the Pats and Raiders.
So, what do you guys think of the coming season?
Predictions?
Favorite teams?
And Gunther, i'm not sure if your laoud to respond in this topic. 8)
HeavyArmsCustum
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Postby roadrunner » Fri Sep 09, 2005 4:52 pm

who cares about the pro games bring on Texas vs OSU.

Go Buckeyes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

-Albert Einstein
roadrunner
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Postby Droxor » Fri Sep 09, 2005 4:58 pm

Pats are OVER get over their history cause that's all it is. Your looking at either Eagles, Steelers, Chiefs or Colts this year and that's all there is to it. Although I will say, they won't win any championships in the near future...but I am gonna make a long shot claim of watch the Cardinals...yes that's right the Cardinals. Nothin great right away but give them a few years and watch um :D
Droxor
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Postby Gunther » Fri Sep 09, 2005 8:37 pm

Droxor wrote:Pats are OVER get over their history cause that's all it is. Your looking at either Eagles, Steelers, Chiefs or Colts this year and that's all there is to it. Although I will say, they won't win any championships in the near future...but I am gonna make a long shot claim of watch the Cardinals...yes that's right the Cardinals. Nothin great right away but give them a few years and watch um :D

As long as Bill Belichek is in Foxboro, Payton Manning can just hang it up. McNabb doesn't stand a chance either. We all know the Pats will do it again and again and again. 8)

New England Patriots -- Super Bowl XXXVI, XXXVIII & XXXIX Champions
GuntertE, Lv 1, NC on Waterson
GunthertE, Lv3, TR on Mattherson
Landain, Lv3, TR on Jaeger
Gunther
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Postby betasoldier » Fri Sep 09, 2005 8:47 pm

RoadRunner wrote:Go Buckeyes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
betasoldier
Major General
Major General

Postby HeavyArmsCustum » Fri Sep 09, 2005 11:31 pm

Gunther wrote:
Droxor wrote:Pats are OVER get over their history cause that's all it is. Your looking at either Eagles, Steelers, Chiefs or Colts this year and that's all there is to it. Although I will say, they won't win any championships in the near future...but I am gonna make a long shot claim of watch the Cardinals...yes that's right the Cardinals. Nothin great right away but give them a few years and watch um :D

As long as Bill Belichek is in Foxboro, Payton Manning can just hang it up. McNabb doesn't stand a chance either. We all know the Pats will do it again and again and again. 8)

New England Patriots -- Super Bowl XXXVI, XXXVIII & XXXIX Champions

See Gunther an myself have two very opposite views on football.
Gunther = Pats
Heavy = Colts
Needless to say, we've had our long talks. :)
Gunther, you of all people realize that it takes a team to win. So why do you make these commets about single players?
:P
Anyway, my short run down:
NFC
Eagles: They may of had a bunch of fake drama over the summer, their still the team to beat in the horrid NFC.
However, if you miss them in Atlanta your nuts.
They'll be challanged this year by, in my view, by Falcons and the Vikings.
Carolina isn't going to be there, neither is GB.
AFC
Colts: We all know that the AFC is good. REALLY good. We all know the top teams fairyl well. Pats, Steelers, Colts. But, look out for the Ravens and the Jets.
The Pats will be challanged this year by the Jets. Don't laugh at that, it's true. Pats will not have it easy this year. It is quite possible the Jets could beat out the Pats. NE will still win 10-12 games, but i think NY can too.
Steelers will not be as good this year. They are having too many problems with their run game. Sure, Rothlesburger is great, but this is a team that ran like 60+% of the time last year. They'll be in the playoffs, but don't expect much unless they get healthy.
Colts: You thought i'd do this without mentioning my Blue Nation? Hah! Anyway, i stated on the old forums 2 seasons ago after Pats had won their second that it would take Indy 2-3 more years to win the big one. Last year was a good season, but their was room for improvement. So they added two guys to their Defense that will help a lot more then anyone thinks. Colts don't have to have a great D to win, they just have to have one. They have a tough start, first game at Baltimore. And have to, yet again go to NE for like the third year in a row. But, i have full confidence that this year will be the year since the D is coming up, Edge will have a great year since everyone will be looking for Payton to pass and and the Colts will exploit that, and the fact that they'll have HomeField come playoffs.
Yes, i said HomeField.
HeavyArmsCustum
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Postby Gunther » Sat Sep 10, 2005 7:03 am

Here's the real difference between me and HAC:

Gunther = Informative Useless Information

HAC = Blah blah blah blah blah

Colts don't stand a chance buddy. 8)
GuntertE, Lv 1, NC on Waterson
GunthertE, Lv3, TR on Mattherson
Landain, Lv3, TR on Jaeger
Gunther
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Postby BCoop » Sat Sep 10, 2005 10:01 am

There are so many great teams in the AFC this year that picking the AFC champion is a complete toss up at this point.

The Steelers seem great, but thir loss of Plaxico Burress to the Giants (woot for Eli) and the injuries of Duce Staley and Jerome Bettis could really hamper them. Chances are, Big Ben will be nasty this season but I don't think will go 15-1.

The Colts by far have the nastiest offense in the NFl, but can their defense hold it together? They definitely have a much better shot this year due to the fat that the Pats lost a lot of players, and their defense is improved, but can Peyton just hold it together? Edgerrin James can hopefully put out even bigger numbers this season.

Then you've got the Pats. They lost a lot of their defensive line, and the loss of Ty Law to their rivals, the Jets, hurts. Their offense is still very good, David Givens and Deion Branch are both very capable receivers and mesh very well with Brady, and Corey Dillon has grown to be one of the best backs in the NFL. The question is, can their defense still be one of the best in the league?

The Jest are looking very good this season. Lavernius Coles and Chad Pennington will hopefully be able to do something this season (if Chad doesn't get hurt or have a shitty season). Curtis Martin looks to be nasty after his great year last year, and the additions of Ty Law and a healthy John Abraham could put this team on the map.

btw Gunther, Aaron Small > David Wells :D
BCoop
Major General
Major General

Postby Izlude » Sat Sep 10, 2005 11:59 am

betasoldier wrote:
RoadRunner wrote:Go Buckeyes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OSU LMAO, I hope your boys are ready to hear this song about 9 to 10 times late in the season.
Now for a cheer they are here, triumphant!
Here they come with banners flying,
In stalwart step they're nighing,
With shouts of vict'ry crying,
We hurrah, hurrah, we greet you now,
Hail!

Far we their praises sing
For the glory and fame they've bro't us
Loud let the bells them ring
For here they come with banners flying
Far we their praises tell
For the glory and fame they've bro't us
Loud let the bells them ring
For here they come with banners flying
Here they come, Hurrah!

Hail! to the victors valiant
Hail! to the conqu'ring heroes
Hail! Hail! to Michigan
the leaders and best
Hail! Hail! to Michigan,
the champions of the West!

We cheer them again
We cheer and cheer again
For Michigan, we cheer for Michigan
We cheer with might and main
We cheer, cheer, cheer
With might and main we cheer!

Hail! Hail! to Michigan,
the champions of the West!
Izlude
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Postby Droxor » Sat Sep 10, 2005 12:10 pm

Oh My Gosh!!! NONE of you mentioned the Chiefs...that is where everyone is going wrong, you are underestimating them to much. Have you looked at our roster? And dont give me this bull of how bad we did in pre-season cause pre-season means jack crap and everyone knows it :D Watch out for the boys in Red.
Droxor
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Next

Return to Locker Room