Watch out for the Cardinals

No smelly socks or jocks here just some good ranting about your favorite team.

Watch out for the Cardinals

Postby Droxor » Mon Mar 20, 2006 4:59 am

Okay, I know I said this last season. . .but they actually turned out alright didnt they? I mean considering their previous records. This year I mean it. . .I'm not saying E.J. is a miracle worker. . .but when you have E.J., Warner, and 3 1st round Wide Reciever draft picks. . .plus and already existant decent Deffense. . .LOOK OUT!

Playoffs for sure this season. And if I was a Fantasy player. . .I might pick me up one of those wide recievers or two.

On a side note. . .if you took my advice on Larry Johnson last year (no thanks required) Here's a tip. . .he will be good this year. . .but look elsehwere. . .like. . .Pittsburg Perhaps? Or Tampa. . .
Droxor
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Postby BCoop » Mon Mar 20, 2006 3:03 pm

The Card might be decent, but only time can tell. Their defense was very efficient (holding opponents to an average of 290 yds/game) but let up 24 pts. per game. They have made a number of defensive signings to help out, but they will not be much better.

Adding Edgerrin James is a big deal. The Cards had a great passing offense, and having a great running back will open up both passing and running lanes. I can;t help but think that they signed him too quickly, he takes up a lot of cap room that could be used on defense. Luckily for them, they had about $30 mil in caproom to spare. The team should also be concerned about Kurt Warner, as he is getting fairly old and seems to be hurt every season.

They will almost be the offensive powerhouse that was Indy two seasons ago, with the poor defense to match.

And if you want to talk about fantasy sleepers, Tiki Barber ranks up there. Larry Johnson and Larry Fitzgerald were probably the best though. Antonio Gates had big time returns. Kurt Warner and Ricky Williams were both excellent late season pickups. On defense, Osi Umenyiora was a very good sleeper too.
BCoop
Major General
Major General

Return to Locker Room