The 2006 NFL Daft

No smelly socks or jocks here just some good ranting about your favorite team.

The 2006 NFL Daft

Postby HeavyArmsCustum » Wed Apr 26, 2006 9:32 pm

Lets hear what people think about this years draft.
Will there be another Tom Brady? Or Peyton Manning?
Who will be the next Ryan Leaf?

/thoughts
HeavyArmsCustum
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Postby Rangerr » Wed Apr 26, 2006 10:58 pm

Whoever drafts DeAngleo Williams from Memphis will have the best pick. He is small, but he WILL be the most productive pick throughout his career. Reggie Bush will go first unless the Saints or possibly the Titans pony up their 1 and 2 picks to the Texans. The Saints and Titans both NEED a QB so if they do the smart thing and trade Houston for the #1 pick, they will take Vince Young, BECAUSE both of their current systems are based around big athletic QB's (McNair and Brooks). And that would allow the Texans to draft a offensive lineman in the early-middle to middle 1st round and a good DE in the begininng of the 2nd round.

If the Texans decide to hold on to the #1 pick they should take Bush and trade him for a top name OL and a productive DL, because they have Davis who will be an even more productive back once an offensive line is installed in Houston. They should not take Young because neither the Saints or the Titans have a lineman of the caliber that the Texans need. Also the Texans have David Carr who is going to be a great (yes I said and meant GREAT) quaterback if/when this O-Line shows up. The Texans o-line was last in the league in sacks allowed for the past 2 years.

The Texans have also expressed intrest in the RE from NC State (his name escapes me atm) as a potential 1st pick, but I think this is only to throw off other teams as to what their actual plan is.

If the Texans management pull their heads out of their asses and get Carr and Davis an offensive line, they will be a playoff team inside 3 years.
[img]http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a139/hook_75/rangerrsig_112.gif[/img]
[url=http://profile.xfire.com/Rangerr][img]http://miniprofile.xfire.com/bg/co/type/2/Rangerr.png[/img][/url]
Life is 1% what happens to you and 99% what you do about it.
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero - Horace
Rangerr
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Gunther » Thu Apr 27, 2006 7:44 am

What does Markus Vick's future hold? I hear the scouts are avoiding this problem child but he disagrees with that assessment. He thinks he is a hard working young quarterbackand should be given a chance.
GuntertE, Lv 1, NC on Waterson
GunthertE, Lv3, TR on Mattherson
Landain, Lv3, TR on Jaeger
Gunther
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Postby Rangerr » Thu Apr 27, 2006 11:42 am

Little Vick has chosen the same path that Maurice Clarett took. NFL teams almost never take a chance on these types, UNLESS they have proven they can play at the pro level (like TO and Keyshawn Johnson to name a few). Little Vick probably won't get drafted before round 5, if he gets drafted at all, and will be cut from whatever squad will take him on. He makes me sick because he is just as good if not better than his older brother, but his older brother knows when to keep his mouth shut and his nose clean.
[url=http://profile.xfire.com/Rangerr][img]http://miniprofile.xfire.com/bg/co/type/2/Rangerr.png[/img][/url]
Rangerr
Colonel
Colonel

Postby HeavyArmsCustum » Thu Apr 27, 2006 4:59 pm

I think Little Vick was good, but not nearly as good as big Vick.
He'll go just like Clarret did.

Ranger i take it from the way you talk that you feel pretty good about Vince Young, but what do you think about Lienhart?
I personally think he is more likely to do better at QB then Young. I think Young could be a great WR or CB, but not QB. He's slower and heavier then Vick, and doesn't quite have "it" like Vick does. I think he'd be an awesome CB. The next Champ Baily.
HeavyArmsCustum
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Postby BCoop » Sat Apr 29, 2006 11:50 am

Little Vick isn't quite as good of a runner as Mike is but he is a much better passer.

All of this year's first round QB's have some big weaknesses and strengths. Leinart is a proven winner and can read defenses better than any of them, but apparently he cannot accurately throw deeper passes. Cutler has a very strong arm, but is really only in the first round because of a lack of other good QB's. Young has that odd throwing motion and is completely unfamiliar with pro style offenses, but has athleticism, arm strength, good accuracy, and unflappability. Vince Young was picked as the first of the three a few moments ago and the Jets just drafted D'Brickashaw Ferguson.
BCoop
Major General
Major General

Postby Droxor » Sat Apr 29, 2006 4:37 pm

BCoop wrote:Little Vick isn't quite as good of a runner as Mike is but he is a much better passer.

I still think he will have a hard time making it in the NFL if he even makes it. I forsee him being a solid bencher his entire career, and he wouldnt have half this hype if he wasnt you know who's brother.
Droxor
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Postby BCoop » Sun Apr 30, 2006 12:28 am

Droxor wrote:
BCoop wrote:Little Vick isn't quite as good of a runner as Mike is but he is a much better passer.

I still think he will have a hard time making it in the NFL if he even makes it. I forsee him being a solid bencher his entire career, and he wouldnt have half this hype if he wasnt you know who's brother.

Of course. He's got a fair amount of skill, but is too much of an ass to make it in the league without changing his attitude.
BCoop
Major General
Major General

Postby Rangerr » Mon May 01, 2006 10:11 am

HeavyArmsCustum wrote:I think Little Vick was good, but not nearly as good as big Vick.
He'll go just like Clarret did.

Ranger i take it from the way you talk that you feel pretty good about Vince Young, but what do you think about Lienhart?
I personally think he is more likely to do better at QB then Young. I think Young could be a great WR or CB, but not QB. He's slower and heavier then Vick, and doesn't quite have "it" like Vick does. I think he'd be an awesome CB. The next Champ Baily.

I not a fan of Young at all, but he went third because Vince Young is like a mirror image of Steve McNair, except Young is much faster and more mobile. I think that Leinhart will be a good pro QB and probably have a better career than Young. It's just that Young fits the Titans offense much better than anyone else in the draft. Young could never cut it at CB, he's 250 lbs. and he is slower than what a CB has to be.

Also the Texans will again finish last in the league and they deserve it, because they took DE Mario Williams with the first overall pick and a LB with their second RD. pick totally ignoring their most basic needs at OL. Their only hope is to buy some OL during free agency, but I'm not sure how much room they have under the cap. Little Vick will never make a good backup because he will get kicked off of whatever team decides to take him on. Too much mouth for an unproven KID.
Rangerr
Colonel
Colonel

Postby HeavyArmsCustum » Mon May 01, 2006 3:52 pm

The Texans did fail at the draft, but now they have a guy who can go hit that really good QB they play twice a year. :wink:
Anyway, Cards got a steal with the 10th pick. Matt will fall into a good place with a good tutor in Werner.
Titans did really well. Not only Young but Lendale White in the second, which is a steal i don't care what conditioning he's had at this point. He got more TDs then Busch and is an every down back.

And the Pats and Colts still have a rivalry even in the draft. lol
HeavyArmsCustum
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Next

Return to Locker Room