How to kill a football team. . .

No smelly socks or jocks here just some good ranting about your favorite team.

How to kill a football team. . .

Postby Droxor » Wed Sep 13, 2006 9:21 am

An article by yours truly. . .

Well it finally happened, the NFL has found the ultimate defense. Little did we know it sat in New York for years and years. . .right under our very noses. Everyone had always stated top defenses of all times, filling the category with teams like 00' Ravens, 76' Dolphins ect. However no one. . .not once ever mentioned the greatest defense of all time, that still is in the league dominating at it's position to this day.

What is more deadly than 4 pro-bowl lineman, 3 pro-bowl linebackers, 2 pro-bowl corners and 2 pro-bowl safeties? I can think of one man. . .Herm Edwards. Edwards successfully has brought football empires to their knees with the stroke of his hand. I'm not talking about his coaching skill AGAINST teams. . .I'm talking about his coaching skills ON teams. Edwards sucked the Jets to the bottom of the league for many many years, with a few perky signs of hope here and there. Many critics assaulted the team itself, and few suspected Edwards. However in his later years with the team more and more people grew to criticize the coach. Now that he has nestled his taboo voodoo into Kansas City. . .the worst of our fears are true.

"How do you stop Kansas City's league leading offense? Give them Herm Edwards" - New York Times - (Printed 3 hours BEFORE the home opener where the Chiefs were embarrassed by the Bengals)

It's as if they knew. . .as if millions of souls in the Big Apple cried out in victory as they gave their former Jets coach a bon voyage to the heart of the country. After all. . .where else is it easiest to spread a poison than through the heart? Edwards has been cited as giving such quotes as. . .

"I'm not going to touch this offense"

and then following up with. . .

"What we really need here in K.C. . .is a coach who is hands on. . .and I'm that coach."

MAKE UP YOUR MIND! He also was seen on television by thousands of angry fans after Sunday's loss saying this to a reporter. . .

Reporter: "Coach, can you explain to me why the once powerful K.C. offense looked like kittens on the field today?"

Edwards: "Well, I'm the head coach. . .not the offensive coordinator. You will have to ask him what he did wrong."
(Way to throw your staff under the bus Herm. . .we all know you had NOTHING to do with it. . .yeah. . .right)

Reporter: *Jokingly* "Coach, maybe since Trent (referring to T.Green the Chiefs Quarterback) is getting old, and the backup has some years on him. . .you should just start playing the 3rd string Q so we can start building our future.

Edwards: *With a serious look on his face* "You know that idea has never surfaced in our coaching meetings, but I will seriously consider that. Thanks for the idea"
(!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am not kidding. . .he said that. . .way to throw now your coaches. . .and your million dollar quarterback under the bus.)

Someone call homeland security because their heartland is being attacked. Football is one of 2 things K.C. dwellers have. . .and the other thing is about 4 clubs down town. . .take away football. . .and I will never have a reason to leave my PC.
Droxor
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Return to Locker Room