Playoffs: The march to 2-4-07

No smelly socks or jocks here just some good ranting about your favorite team.

Playoffs: The march to 2-4-07

Postby Gunther » Sun Jan 07, 2007 4:45 pm

Both the Colts and the Patriots showed their Playoff Colors this weekend with dominating victories at home. Both teams play with similar styles and it appears they may meet each other in the AFC playoffs again this year. The way Bill Belichek runs his team, is that the most recent 16-game regular season is ancient history and the NE Patriots team taking the field between now and 2-4-07 is a totally different squad than any fan has seen during regular season. I always get excited this time of year, until the pats lose then my apathy meter pegs out and you all can go about your business.

I'm just curious to see who will win the game this afternoon between the Giants and the Eagles. At first glance it would appear that the Giants have the upper hand. Tiki Barber is hot and I'm sure the Eagles have a plan to stop him. Let's see if they can.

Saturday, January 13
4:30 p.m. on CBS: Indianapolis Colts (13-4) at Baltimore Ravens (13-3)

8 p.m. on FOX: Philadelphia Eagles (10-6) at New Orleans Saints (10-6)

Sunday, January 14
1:00 on FOX: Seattle Seahawks (10-7) at Chicago Bears (13-3)

4:30 on CBS: New England Patriots (13-4) at San Diego Chargers (14-2)
Last edited by Gunther on Sun Jan 07, 2007 9:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GuntertE, Lv 1, NC on Waterson
GunthertE, Lv3, TR on Mattherson
Landain, Lv3, TR on Jaeger
Gunther
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Postby Anairt » Sun Jan 07, 2007 7:54 pm

I wouldnt really say the Colts dominated... The Chiefs just sucked ass. Manning looked horrible.. They play like that against a real team they are done.

All they had to do was put 8 in the box and Stop LJ. Trent Green shouldnt have even been in there.. Huard should have and they wont have him again next year im betting(free agent). Im not a chiefs fan but both those teams looked like garbage.

Pats looked nice and it was actually a fun game to watch up until the last 5 mins.
This eagles/ giants game is kicking ass..

Also Seahawks should be thanking sweet Jesus Romo is a fuck up.

Just my thoughts
Anairt
Sergeant
Sergeant

Postby FloobieDoobie » Sun Jan 07, 2007 8:58 pm

In GREEN We Trust!
WWFD?
FloobieDoobie
Major
Major

Postby Droxor » Mon Jan 08, 2007 12:42 am

Anairt wrote:Trent Green shouldnt have even been in there.. Huard should have

Try to look at it from a less critical point of view and more from a coaches/owners point of view.

Trent Green is being paid millions of dollars by your team. . .he is older, on his decline, and near impossible to trade. Pissing him off and ditching him at the endo f the season for a backup who will be gone next year isn't a bright idea.
Droxor
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Postby BCoop » Mon Jan 08, 2007 2:19 am

Little known fact; Damon Huard had the second highest passer rating this year behind manning.
BCoop
Major General
Major General

Postby Socco » Mon Jan 08, 2007 5:40 am

BCoop wrote:Little known fact; Damon Huard had the second highest passer rating this year behind manning.

Giants lost :( We'll have to keep you on suicide watch ;)
Socco
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Postby roadrunner » Mon Jan 08, 2007 7:58 am

I feel bad for Romo. I hate when team oriented games are determined by the play of one person. I would rather the game is lost because the team lost not one person screwed up.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

-Albert Einstein
roadrunner
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Postby Anairt » Mon Jan 08, 2007 9:17 am

My point exactly Drox. Huard doesnt have to be gone next year....Sign him. Ditch Green thats what I say.
Anairt
Sergeant
Sergeant

Postby Gunther » Mon Jan 08, 2007 1:23 pm

Droxor wrote:Trent Green is being paid millions of dollars by your team. . .he is older, on his decline, and near impossible to trade. Pissing him off and ditching him at the endo f the season for a backup who will be gone next year isn't a bright idea.

This scenario sounds familiar. Turn the clock back about 5 years and replace the name Trent Green with Drew Bledsoe and the name Huard with Brady. Different organization then and they did not care what the veteran thought or if it pissed him off. Super Bowl XXXVI was the response! 8)
GuntertE, Lv 1, NC on Waterson
GunthertE, Lv3, TR on Mattherson
Landain, Lv3, TR on Jaeger
Gunther
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Postby Anairt » Mon Jan 08, 2007 4:10 pm

Exactly
Anairt
Sergeant
Sergeant

Next