Fall = MLB playoffs and Football does it get any better?

No smelly socks or jocks here just some good ranting about your favorite team.

Fall = MLB playoffs and Football does it get any better?

Postby roadrunner » Fri Aug 31, 2007 5:00 pm

Title has it all.

With Cleveland's pitching and hopefully returning hitting I am looking at the world series for my beloved tribe. I am watching major league a lot to hopefully bring them some good karma.

My Browns will not be seeing the playoffs this year but believe they will be the worst team as the ESPN "experts" predict. I am looking for hopfully between 7-8 wins.

The Pats loaded up in the off season they will be tough to beat.

Lets get the locker room going again....

Next thread college football.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

-Albert Einstein
roadrunner
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Postby Gunther » Fri Aug 31, 2007 6:08 pm

As with every year, the Red Sox MUST beat the Yankees if they ever want to play in the playoffs. You know why, Road. The Yankees swept them this week in the Bronx. That is a sure sign to me and rest of Red Sox nation that they just don't have it in their hearts this year even if they have the best record in Major Leagues and a pitching staff that is difficult to hit against. None of that matters come September and October.

Yes, the Pats loaded up their Roster and will be tough this year. A few chinks in the armor are Randy Moss pulled a hamstring in early August and has yet to be seen catching a football in a real game with Tom Brady Throwing to him. Same goes for TE Kyle Brady. Regardless of their injuries, the rest of the receiver corps is stellar.

Tim Wakefield at age 41 is showing everyone in baseball that he still has the right stuff to do what needs to be done. In an interview he explained that in order to perform his job at his advanced age, he needed to hit the gym, tone up and get in shape. That is what he did. Now if only Roger Clemens and Curt Shilling could take his advice.

College Football. /fish stare engaged.
GuntertE, Lv 1, NC on Waterson
GunthertE, Lv3, TR on Mattherson
Landain, Lv3, TR on Jaeger
Gunther
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Postby Damaen » Fri Aug 31, 2007 7:29 pm

Hockey.
Hard pressed on my right. My center is yielding. Impossible to maneuver. Situation excellent, I am attacking!
Damaen
Colonel
Colonel

Postby USDnobody » Fri Aug 31, 2007 7:31 pm

I can only watch baseball under two circumstances. either I'm wasted AT the game, or I'm chained to a chair with my eye lids pried open in front of the TV.
>insert witty remark<
USDnobody
Captain
Captain

Postby BCoop » Sat Sep 01, 2007 11:00 pm

Gunther wrote:Tim Wakefield at age 41 is showing everyone in baseball that he still has the right stuff to do what needs to be done. In an interview he explained that in order to perform his job at his advanced age, he needed to hit the gym, tone up and get in shape. That is what he did. Now if only Roger Clemens and Curt Shilling could take his advice.

Roger Clemens is famous for his ridiculous workout regimen, no other pitcher has been able to do it with him for more than a day or two. It focuses on his lower body and core, which are the focal points of his delivery. The reason that his arm hasn't fallen off yet is because of this.

Curt Schilling, on the other hand... :roll:
BCoop
Major General
Major General

Postby Gunther » Sat Sep 01, 2007 11:03 pm

I don't know anything about his work out routine, but he does look soft in the middle.
GuntertE, Lv 1, NC on Waterson
GunthertE, Lv3, TR on Mattherson
Landain, Lv3, TR on Jaeger
Gunther
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Postby Izlude » Sat Sep 01, 2007 11:18 pm

Damaen wrote:Hockey.
Izlude
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Postby USDnobody » Sun Sep 02, 2007 8:34 am

carolina hurricanes won the cup a couple years back. booyah.
>insert witty remark<
USDnobody
Captain
Captain

Return to Locker Room