Results after Week 4

No smelly socks or jocks here just some good ranting about your favorite team.

Postby Gunther » Wed Oct 03, 2007 6:51 am

BCoop wrote:It's cause he's always getting updated videotapes and playbooks from each team! haha

I have a strong feeling that this is not an event exclusive to the New England patriots. In fact, the rule does not prohibit video taping defensive signals from the stands or from your own side of the field. This is easily done with a zoom lense. Why they were doing it from the opponent's sidelines seems kind of silly because they don't need to do it. The only reason this came to light is because Eric Mangini was miffed by Belichek last year when he quickly shook his hand and walked away. Obviously those two coaches have a dispute. I believe the entire situation stems from their apparent disagreement about something. And yes, Belichek can be the world's biggest asshole.
GuntertE, Lv 1, NC on Waterson
GunthertE, Lv3, TR on Mattherson
Landain, Lv3, TR on Jaeger
Gunther
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Postby HeavyArmsCustum » Wed Oct 03, 2007 8:22 am

Gunther wrote:
BCoop wrote:It's cause he's always getting updated videotapes and playbooks from each team! haha

I have a strong feeling that this is not an event exclusive to the New England patriots. In fact, the rule does not prohibit video taping defensive signals from the stands or from your own side of the field. This is easily done with a zoom lense. Why they were doing it from the opponent's sidelines seems kind of silly because they don't need to do it. The only reason this came to light is because Eric Mangini was miffed by Belichek last year when he quickly shook his hand and walked away. Obviously those two coaches have a dispute. I believe the entire situation stems from their apparent disagreement about something. And yes, Belichek can be the world's biggest asshole.

And the league did say there were cracking down on it before the season started.
This is a small little thing, but i figure i should say it. Spygate could have been much worse. When the league got the tapes sent by the Pats, they said they'd let us know what was going on with them. The were destroyed within 48 hours of getting them and we never found out what was on them. Why? Could there have been tape of the Pats cheating in a super bowl? We'll never know, but imagine that scandal if they had come out with that. The Patriots, who have been hailed as the greatest team in the last decade or so was cheating the whole time. There would be a huge PR problem with it and the league would be hurt.
So, the main office probably did the right thing, even if it wasn't entirely truthful or even right. No, there isn't any proof, but i got this from an article i read on ESPN (tuesday morning quaterback) last week so no it's not just some crazy Colts fan shouting conspiracy theories.
To Favre. It is going to catch up to the Pack sooner or later that they aren't running the ball. Throwing can only get you so far. Period, it is that simple.
Brady will get 30 or more TDs this year for the first time in his career, and probably get closer to 35 more likely.
Anyone want a RB?
HeavyArmsCustum
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Postby Gunther » Wed Oct 03, 2007 1:00 pm

The point of the matter is not that they were video taping defensive signals, but that they were doing it on the field on the oppositions side. Nowhere does it say any team can't observe/record opposing team's signals. You must do it from your own side of the field or from the stands. The point I was making is that Belichek and Mangini are having a feud and Mangini dropped a dime on him.
Gunther
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Postby HeavyArmsCustum » Wed Oct 03, 2007 8:10 pm

Yeah those guys need to get a cage for each other...with sharp edges.
Also, Gunther, i'm sorry but this is the rule:
"Video taping of any type, including but not limited to taping of an opponent's offensive or defensive signals, is prohibited on the sidelines, in the coaches' booth, in the locker room, or at any other locations accessible to club staff members during the game."'
That covers it, no taping at all anywhere of the signals.

Also, does anyone want Chad Johnson? I'm thinking of trading him, one of the best WRs out there. Looking for a QB or RB.
HeavyArmsCustum
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Postby Gunther » Wed Oct 03, 2007 10:44 pm

HeavyArmsCustum wrote:Yeah those guys need to get a cage for each other...with sharp edges.
Also, Gunther, i'm sorry but this is the rule:
"Video taping of any type, including but not limited to taping of an opponent's offensive or defensive signals, is prohibited on the sidelines, in the coaches' booth, in the locker room, or at any other locations accessible to club staff members during the game."'
That covers it, no taping at all anywhere of the signals.

Also, does anyone want Chad Johnson? I'm thinking of trading him, one of the best WRs out there. Looking for a QB or RB.

Thanks for that clarification. the talking heads were chatting about it. They said it was ok in the stands..."on the sidelines, in the coaches' booth, in the locker room, or at any other locations accessible to club staff members during the game."
They would have to get someone in the stands to do it. a spectator.
Gunther
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Postby BCoop » Wed Oct 03, 2007 11:08 pm

Regardless of whether or not there is a rule about it, its still a shitty thing to do. I mean, if there's no rules about stealing playbooks, does that make it ok to go and steal them from the opposing team? I think that other teams have certainly done this before, but Belichick was the only one with the stones to do it after the commish warned everyone about it in the offseason. As for the Super Bowl titles, it can't really be known whether or not the Pats were taping signals then. And despite the fact that they were usually close games, I think they probably would have had success with or without tapes.

And I could really use a wideout, you can take a look at my roster, i'm not sure if I have anyone great to offer you thats not hurt/doesn't suck this year.
BCoop
Major General
Major General

Postby luvpeebo » Wed Oct 03, 2007 11:27 pm

BCoop wrote:Regardless of whether or not there is a rule about it, its still a shitty thing to do. I mean, if there's no rules about stealing playbooks, does that make it ok to go and steal them from the opposing team? I think that other teams have certainly done this before, but Belichick was the only one with the stones to do it after the commish warned everyone about it in the offseason. As for the Super Bowl titles, it can't really be known whether or not the Pats were taping signals then. And despite the fact that they were usually close games, I think they probably would have had success with or without tapes.

And I could really use a wideout, you can take a look at my roster, i'm not sure if I have anyone great to offer you thats not hurt/doesn't suck this year.

Got some wide receivers on the block myself, Coop. Let's make a deal. ;)
Wayfarer, Kiare Griefsinger Now raiding near you!
luvpeebo
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Postby HeavyArmsCustum » Thu Oct 04, 2007 8:02 am

Still looking for a QB or RB. Been trying to get Marion Barber but that is going slowly.
Frankly, my real fantasy would be to have in no particular order:
Addai
LT
Marion Barber
Carson Palmer
Payton Manning
One of those names would be great but i know that they're going to be almost impossible to get. By the way i just cut Chris Brown, he'd be a solid second string to bench RB to anyone who wants him.

Edit: Marcie, when is Andre Johnson supposed to get healthy again?
HeavyArmsCustum
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Postby luvpeebo » Thu Oct 04, 2007 11:59 am

HeavyArmsCustum wrote:Edit: Marcie, when is Andre Johnson supposed to get healthy again?

I haven't read anything that recent, but he's listed as day to day at this point. Maybe they'll have a scouting report up tomorrow before the weekend. I'll let you know!
Wayfarer, Kiare Griefsinger Now raiding near you!
luvpeebo
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Previous

Return to Locker Room