Results after Week 4

No smelly socks or jocks here just some good ranting about your favorite team.

Results after Week 4

Postby luvpeebo » Tue Oct 02, 2007 1:09 pm

These are the results after one month of play! I have to say, I am impressed with the Bruiser's. Romo is picking up 30 more points than Peyton this year, so far... I think he's been your guiding angel, my friend. San Diego and New Orlean's been depressing all around, really. :cry:

Our two undefeateds go head to head this weekend, the Bruisers and the Mud Ducks, so someone's gonna remain undefeated and someone will not. I'm looking forward to seeing who.

And also, you know it's a good season with these comments:

"Low scoring week for all...I demand a redraft!"
"Die in a fire Steven Jackson! You've sunk my team."

Well played so far everyone. And oh, I have some excellent WR's looking for homes. I need TE's and maybe something else. ;)
Wayfarer, Kiare Griefsinger Now raiding near you!
luvpeebo
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Postby HeavyArmsCustum » Tue Oct 02, 2007 1:46 pm

Well, i have the highest scoring TE (Tied with 2 others at same score) in Witten. Make an offer if you'd like, and Bubba Franks is a FA.
Again, i say to anyone, make an offer, most of my team is up for grabs at the right price. Could use another QB since Delhome is out for a bit but really i'd take anything at this point.
I'm on the comeback trail, sorry luv but your getting steam rolled next week [smilie=armata_pdt_42.gif]
And back to real football, what is wrong with the Chargers? I mean we all know that they are better then 1-3. And sunday, LT is rolling in the first half, 100+ in the half alone with 6+ average a carry, and they give him the ball 6 times all the second half? Are you kidding me?
The AFC South has gotten a lot better. Each team is good.
The Browns are on a roll.
The Raiders have as many wins as they did all last year, in week four.
The Bears are 29 in the league against the pass (look it up)
Kitna said the Lions would win 10 games, everyone laughed...they've got three already.
The Packers are 32 in the league in rushing, yet they are 4-0.
HeavyArmsCustum
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Postby HeavyArmsCustum » Tue Oct 02, 2007 1:50 pm

Got one week ahead of myself there, i mean next next week luv lol
HeavyArmsCustum
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Postby Gunther » Tue Oct 02, 2007 3:03 pm

I am worried about next week. One of my Running Backs is on a bye week and Addai is injured. This leaves me with one Running back on the field. I will keep checking on Addai's condition and may want to make a trade later this week. Don't even ask until Friday. I won't make a decision until then.

This week, my high scoring player is:
No surprise there! Tony Romo and the Dallas Cowboys are steamrolling the NFC!
GuntertE, Lv 1, NC on Waterson
GunthertE, Lv3, TR on Mattherson
Landain, Lv3, TR on Jaeger
Gunther
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Postby luvpeebo » Tue Oct 02, 2007 3:26 pm

HeavyArmsCustum wrote:And back to real football, what is wrong with the Chargers? I mean we all know that they are better then 1-3. And sunday, LT is rolling in the first half, 100+ in the half alone with 6+ average a carry, and they give him the ball 6 times all the second half? Are you kidding me?

Was watching the game (in between commercials for the Pads/Brewers game, don't EVEN get me started about that) and by the end was delighted to hear the crowd shouting, "WE WANT MARTY!"

I'm not a big Norv (their coach) fan. Their defense is crappy, they have no real coaches. L.T. and Rivers were absolutely bitching on the sidelines at each other. There's no cohesiveness whatsoever.

Yah, I know Marty chokes in all his post-season games, and he shouldn't come back, but I'm no Norv fan.

Oh, and we'll see about that steamrolling, dear. ;D
Wayfarer, Kiare Griefsinger Now raiding near you!
luvpeebo
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Postby BCoop » Tue Oct 02, 2007 7:28 pm

Honestly, I hate Steven Jackson. If the draft order was anything like ESPN's or SI's, he was the #2 fantasy pick this season. Which means I wasted the number 2 pick in the auto draft on that douche. Although he's doing better than maurice jones-drew, who has given me 8 points so far. Judging from his year last year, that was probably my third or 4th round pick.
BCoop
Major General
Major General

Postby HeavyArmsCustum » Tue Oct 02, 2007 8:59 pm

I looked at ESPN and kind of liked how they had things. Only one kicker, 2 WRs and 2 RBs with one slot that can be either.
HeavyArmsCustum
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Postby McGuyver » Tue Oct 02, 2007 9:39 pm

I've played using ESPN for about 8 yrs now and I would have to agree that it's the best set up out there. I've used a few others before in the past, but my buddies always have a league on ESPN. I won my league last year and I'm doing pretty well so far this year as well. I have a tough call each week, who do I play Farve or Brady. Each week I pick Brady but I want to play Bret so bad, I just don't have the balls to do it. Even with him having such a great year.
Mac
McGuyver
Outfit Commander
Outfit Commander

Postby Gunther » Tue Oct 02, 2007 10:15 pm

McGuyver wrote:I have a tough call each week, who do I play Farve or Brady. Each week I pick Brady but I want to play Bret so bad, I just don't have the balls to do it. Even with him having such a great year.

I was looking at your roster one week and deliberating that same thing. I look at each player each week who they are playing. I gauge who to bench and who to play each week based on how well I think the team as a whole will do against their opposition. Understand that Bret Favre is a great Quarterback, if I were you I would stick with my gut. I know the pats and how they operate. This is their best year ever. Belichek has identified those players that hurt him bad last year and brought them over to his side.
Randy Moss (OAK)
Wes Welker (MIA)
Donte Stalworth (PHI)
Sammy Morris (MIA)
Kyle Brady (JAC)

In past years, HAC always asks me how the Patriots do it. I tell him it is because of Bill Belichek. It is his vision and how he manages his team. His vision is a single-minded focus of winning. He beats up on his veterans and they take it and they succeed. I know your against me this week, but I would Play Brady every week if I had him just like I play Randy Moss every week.
GuntertE, Lv 1, NC on Waterson
GunthertE, Lv3, TR on Mattherson
Landain, Lv3, TR on Jaeger
Gunther
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Postby BCoop » Wed Oct 03, 2007 12:03 am

Gunther wrote:
McGuyver wrote:I have a tough call each week, who do I play Farve or Brady. Each week I pick Brady but I want to play Bret so bad, I just don't have the balls to do it. Even with him having such a great year.

I was looking at your roster one week and deliberating that same thing. I look at each player each week who they are playing. I gauge who to bench and who to play each week based on how well I think the team as a whole will do against their opposition. Understand that Bret Favre is a great Quarterback, if I were you I would stick with my gut. I know the pats and how they operate. This is their best year ever. Belichek has identified those players that hurt him bad last year and brought them over to his side.
Randy Moss (OAK)
Wes Welker (MIA)
Donte Stalworth (PHI)
Sammy Morris (MIA)
Kyle Brady (JAC)

In past years, HAC always asks me how the Patriots do it. I tell him it is because of Bill Belichek. It is his vision and how he manages his team. His vision is a single-minded focus of winning. He beats up on his veterans and they take it and they succeed. I know your against me this week, but I would Play Brady every week if I had him just like I play Randy Moss every week.

It's cause he's always getting updated videotapes and playbooks from each team! haha

I would play Brady. He is gonna be consistently good all season. I mean, he has to level out a little (13 TD, 2 INT, 80% completion), his team has punted 5 times this season for christ's sake. But he's gonna be great all season. Favre's has played really only one good defensive team (the Vikings). The Eagles didn't have their #1 corner, the Giants didn't have their defensive shit together (yet), and San Diego is coached by Norv Turner. He could get stonewalled by the Bears this weekend if they can actually do something for once, but after that the only team to be afraid of defensively is the broncos. So he might have good times ahead. He also could revert to his 2005 form, because he still has lackluster receivers and an even more transparent running game than before. Of course, you could always trade him for a top point earner at some other position while he's still hot.
BCoop
Major General
Major General

Next

Return to Locker Room