Even the bugs hate the yankees

No smelly socks or jocks here just some good ranting about your favorite team.

Even the bugs hate the yankees

Postby roadrunner » Sat Oct 06, 2007 7:01 am

Only one more win to go.

Looks like the 0-6 regular record against the yanks is not really "bugging" the tribe

Swarms of bugs - Free
17 cans of Off - $25
Tribe time t-shirt and cap - $30
A-Rod off to a another good postseason and the yanks on the verge of elimination- Priceless

BTW that sound you hear is $195,229,045 crashing to the ground.

Don't worry the yanks will just go out next year and buy up all the premier free agents again. The yankees are what is wrong with baseball and I rejoice every time they lose.
Last edited by roadrunner on Sat Oct 06, 2007 10:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

-Albert Einstein
roadrunner
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Postby Gunther » Sat Oct 06, 2007 7:38 am

:D
GuntertE, Lv 1, NC on Waterson
GunthertE, Lv3, TR on Mattherson
Landain, Lv3, TR on Jaeger
Gunther
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Postby HeavyArmsCustum » Sat Oct 06, 2007 9:35 am

Yeah i read about that. Funny as hell.
HeavyArmsCustum
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Postby Socco » Sat Oct 06, 2007 10:08 am

"They are down, 3-0 [Red Sox in the 2004 ALCS], after last night's 19-8 rout, and, in this sport, that is an official death sentence. Soon it will be over, and we will spend another dreary winter lamenting this and lamenting that." Bob Ryan, page E1 of the October 17, 2004 Boston Globe.

Not saying the Yanks will come back, just saying that shit happens in sports. It's unfortunately unlikely, but possible, that the Yanks can come back.
Socco
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Postby Gunther » Sat Oct 06, 2007 10:37 am

:eek: :evil: :roll:
GuntertE, Lv 1, NC on Waterson
GunthertE, Lv3, TR on Mattherson
Landain, Lv3, TR on Jaeger
Gunther
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Postby Socco » Sat Oct 06, 2007 11:46 am

Gunther wrote::eek: :evil: :roll:

You're rolling your eyes. Not wise

You know that the Yankees were up 0-2 in the '95 ALDS against the Mariners. After winning Games 1 & 2, the Yankees suffered three defeats, only by a few points. The Mariners won Game 5, 6 to 5, in the 11th inning.

Crazy shit happens.

Also, if history proves anything, all the Yanks have to do is watch Miracle on Ice like the Sox did in 04 (based on when the 1980 US Olympic team beat the Soviets). The team said that it inspired the Sox to beat the Yanks in game 7.

Also, as far as far as money goes, the Sox spend a ton of it too. In 2006, they were the highest paying team that didn't make the playoffs (source). While a 74M difference is a lot, the Yankees reduced spending by 5m from 2006 to 2007, while the Sox spent 23M more (source. The Sox are spending too. Boston is playing the same game, the $ gap between the teams is closing, and Boston keeps trying to buy all of the fresh talent too.
Socco
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Postby roadrunner » Sat Oct 06, 2007 12:53 pm

Socco wrote:[(source. The Sox are spending too. Boston is playing the same game, the $ gap between the teams is closing, and Boston keeps trying to buy all of the fresh talent too.

Hmmm forgot to add in the 28 Mil paid to Clemens eh? The gap is closing between who? The league is more than Boston and NY. Personally I don't like the spending by Boston that much either but even they can't afford to pick up a 28 million salary for a pitcher that only pitched in 18 games during the regular season.

Show me another club that can have a 20+ million dollar player on the bench and have it not effect their ability to get into the post season. They have eleven 10 million plus players on the roster while most clubs will have maybe one or two. The Yankees sicken me and that will never change until baseball puts in a sorely needed cap. You should just rename them to the New York Mercenaries because that is what they are. I have already accepted that C.C. will most likely be a Yankee in a couple of years but that won't stop me for being pissed off when it happens. The argument is that they earn the money they should be able to spend it is bull**** too as they make their money by playing teams from small and mid markets so unless you want to see a league with just NY, LA, CHI, and BOSTON you will have to accept that other clubs help generate all that revenue that builds the Yankees.

As you can see this is a topic I feel very strongly about as I love baseball and hate to see what it is becoming. Until it changes any bad thing that happens to the Yankees makes me happy. As a loyal Browns fan I can't even say that about the Ravens or Pittsburgh.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

-Albert Einstein
roadrunner
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Postby duskguy » Fri Oct 12, 2007 8:52 am

im a new yorker and honestly...i dont like the yankees at all. so if they lose, good job to who ever beats them, the larger the score gap the better
live like you want, who cares
"The enemy of my enemy is simply my enemy's enemy, nothing more" -The Belisarius Saga-
duskguy
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Return to Locker Room