Sox vs. Indians

No smelly socks or jocks here just some good ranting about your favorite team.

Postby rhonnin » Tue Oct 09, 2007 3:08 pm

We have black flies and mosquitoes in NE so it shouldn't be an issue.
You have to wonder though what it means when the hand of god sweeps in a smites your team with a plague of flies. :twisted:
rhonnin
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Postby Socco » Tue Oct 09, 2007 10:53 pm

Gunther wrote:CLAVELAND DID A GREAT JOB BATNG THOSA LOS3RS FROM DA BRONX!!11!!1!1!!1111 WTF LAUGHNG

Whatever, Gunther. 7 Years without a winning world series is a hell of a lot less than 84. ;)
Socco
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Postby Gunther » Wed Oct 10, 2007 7:59 am

Socco wrote:Whatever, Gunther. 7 Years without a winning world series is a hell of a lot less than 84. ;)

I missed the point. What does that have to do with Yankees being the biggest losers ever?
GuntertE, Lv 1, NC on Waterson
GunthertE, Lv3, TR on Mattherson
Landain, Lv3, TR on Jaeger
Gunther
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Postby Gunther » Sat Oct 13, 2007 11:14 am

GAME 1: Boston 10-3 (Becket was hot. Boston Bats were hotter.)
GAME 2: Cleveland 13-6 (Nixon ignites the Tribe Offense in the 11th.)
GAME 3: Cleveland 4-2 (Westbrook dazzles Boston Bats out of the game)
GAME 4: Cleveland 7-3 (Wakefield's wacky pitches weren't enough to dazzle the Tribe.)
GAME 5: Boston 7-1 (Repeat of Game 1)
GAME 6: Boston 12-2 (The old Curt is back and JD Drew Grand Slam!)
GAME 7:
Last edited by Gunther on Sun Oct 21, 2007 5:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Gunther
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Postby Gunther » Fri Oct 19, 2007 6:25 am

Game 5 of the ALCS was an extra special game for 27 year old Boston Ace, Josh Becket. Ohio born Country Singer, Danielle Peck sang the National Anthem prior to the first pitch. Apparently this is Becket's Ex-girlfriend and he was a bit surprised to see her at the game. It had no effect on his very focused pitching performance, but added a humorous touch.

Josh Becket is a strong contender for the Cy Young Award this year. He is the only MLB pitcher this year to earn 20 wins during the regular season (20-7) and an ERA of 3.27. In this year's post season he is already 3-0, with a 1.93 ERA, only 9 hits against him, 1 walk and 18 strikeouts.

I did not see the interview after last night's game, but apparently FOX news aired it unedited, when Josh Becket dropped the F-word. I don't know what prompted him to do that. Anyone know? I assumed it was because Danielle Peck sang the National Anthem.
Gunther
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Postby HeavyArmsCustum » Fri Oct 19, 2007 8:11 am

Becket is amazing, but it's going to be hard to win the next two. However, i had this either Indians in 5 or Boston in 7.
HeavyArmsCustum
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Postby Gunther » Fri Oct 19, 2007 8:15 am

HeavyArmsCustum wrote:Becket is amazing, but it's going to be hard to win the next two. However, i had this either Indians in 5 or Boston in 7.

Agreed. Schilling just isn't playing the way he was 3 years ago. After his injury he lost a few steps. If Boston wins tonight, it's because they reached down inside and grabbed onto something. The only hope is that they do what they did in 1986 against the Angels (down 1-3) and in 04 against that other team (down 0-3). If Schilling does win Game 6, the Tribe faces their best day dream, Matsuzaka. He can't seem to pitch his way out of a wet paper bag.
Gunther
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Postby roadrunner » Fri Oct 19, 2007 6:09 pm

My heart wanted CC to pitch well and the tribe to hit becket but my mind told me that the Indians would lose game 5. If the Fausto I saw during the Yankees series shows up it is game over for Boston. Schilling is very hittable as of late. If we get the Fausto from game 2 it will be anyones game.

If it goes to game seven Boston has the edge as even when dice-k melts down they will just bring Becket back for relief.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

-Albert Einstein
roadrunner
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Postby Gunther » Fri Oct 19, 2007 6:16 pm

When Schilling pitches tomorrow night all the fans are bringing a small replica of the "Bloody sock" from the ALCS in 2004. They'll be twirling those around to help motivate Curt.
Gunther
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Postby roadrunner » Fri Oct 19, 2007 6:18 pm

Gunther wrote:When Schilling pitches tomorrow night all the fans are bringing a small replica of the "Bloody sock" from the ALCS in 2004. They'll be twirling those around to help motivate Curt.

Are they going to use ketchup too? :P
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

-Albert Einstein
roadrunner
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

PreviousNext

Return to Locker Room