Rox and the Sox

No smelly socks or jocks here just some good ranting about your favorite team.

Postby rhonnin » Wed Oct 31, 2007 9:07 pm

USDnobody wrote:the pats are not responsible for your feelings. if you want to not get embarassed on the field, stop them from embarassing you. they should not have to ease off the throttle because someone is crying.

Exactly.
rhonnin
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Postby Droxor » Wed Oct 31, 2007 11:51 pm

I don't care how bad they run up the score if the game is already done (more fantasy points), but even that asside. . .let them play football, it's a fun game they enjoy playing and playing good at.
Droxor
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

!

Postby Gunther » Thu Nov 01, 2007 4:43 am

USDnobody wrote:the pats are not responsible for your feelings. if you want to not get embarassed on the field, stop them from embarassing you. they should not have to ease off the throttle because someone is crying.
USD is so frickin' Correct! HUA
GuntertE, Lv 1, NC on Waterson
GunthertE, Lv3, TR on Mattherson
Landain, Lv3, TR on Jaeger
Gunther
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Postby Rangerr » Thu Nov 01, 2007 7:05 am

Gunther wrote:
RoadRunner wrote:Why is Tom Brady and the first team offense playing almost the whole game in a 52 to 7 beat down of the Redskins? To pad stats or humiliate the opposition?

They're just playing football. Nowhere does it say in the "professional" football handbook that if you lead your opponent by 21 points you're supposed to spike the ball and give the other guys a chance. That would be considered pussy-ball. They weren't trying to "pad" stats or humiliate anyone, they were just playing football.

Quite a difference between this and the Pats up by 45 points and going for it on 4th and 2. That's bush league, Belichek is the best coach in the NFL but he is proving why he is the biggest POS coaching in the NFL as well. Only Belichek could get caught cheating, refuse to say he was sorry or admit he did something wrong, have the NFL destroy all the evidence before anyone can look at it, and still fell like he has been wronged. In the NFL winning is winning, whether by 1 point or 100, there is NEVER any reason to play 1st stringers in the fourth quarter when up by more than 30 points. You are just begging for somebody to send in the hatchet man. Gibbs is a class act and would probably never allow that to happen. They are lucky that they're are no Ditka/Parcells type coaches in the NFL right now, cause if he pulled something like that against them, I wouldn't have been surprised to see Brady carried off the field on a stretcher.
[img]http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a139/hook_75/rangerrsig_112.gif[/img]
[url=http://profile.xfire.com/Rangerr][img]http://miniprofile.xfire.com/bg/co/type/2/Rangerr.png[/img][/url]
Life is 1% what happens to you and 99% what you do about it.
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero - Horace
Rangerr
Colonel
Colonel

Postby roadrunner » Thu Nov 01, 2007 9:53 am

I'm an educated man, but I'm afraid I can't speak intelligently about the emotions and feeling of professional athletes.

My views are from the standpoint of an unbiased fan and as such I find running up the score distasteful. I would believe the athletes involved understand and accept the fact it was up to them to stop the opponent and are not “crying” about it.

Bill has already demonstrated that he is willing to ignore direct warning on illegal tactics and still use them to get a winning edge. I am not naïve enough to think cheating does not happen but his big old FU to the NFL office I am going to do it anyway just highlights the winning at all cost mentality.

I coach little league baseball and I see this behavior first hand in the form of out of control parents screaming / abusing anyone that does not help achieve winning at all cost and the advancement of the individual. One would say that they are not professional athletes but as anyone knows children will mimic and learn from their idols. Every year the behavior gets worse so I shutter to think what it will be like in a few years.

Again please provide one good reason why the first team is out on field in a 45-0 beat down with only 10 minutes left in the game. If they reason is they were just playing football I would ask why don’t coaches play their starters the whole last preseason game? The Pats will be in the playoffs this year and their success are tied to Brady so why in the hell was he still playing. In the NFL you are one snap away from a season ending injury so what reason would require him to still be on the field. I would bet that if a Redskin had a clean shot at him they would have hit him for all they could. I was ironic that he was on the field until he kept an individual record streak alive.

As a whole I don’t dislike the Pats players just a few select individuals who are the face of the team.

Go Colts.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

-Albert Einstein
roadrunner
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Postby HeavyArmsCustum » Thu Nov 01, 2007 2:28 pm

I just don't see what is so wrong with taking an easy field goal when you're up 38-0 or 45-0 in the 4th.
HeavyArmsCustum
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Postby BCoop » Thu Nov 01, 2007 7:38 pm

It's an unwritten rule that you are not supposed to run the score up in the way that the Patriots are. While the Pats' "fuck you" offense is allowed by the rulebook it is a show of bad sportsmanship. Good sportsmanship would be what the Colts did against the Panthers (bench Manning for most of the 4th). The goal is win the game, not embarrass the other team as much as possible, and resentment for the Patriots' (and Belichick's) arrogance is going to bite him in the ass sooner rather than later.
BCoop
Major General
Major General

Postby USDnobody » Thu Nov 01, 2007 8:40 pm

well you'll have to hit brady pretty damn hard to knock those three rings off his fingers. soon to be four rings IMO.
>insert witty remark<
USDnobody
Captain
Captain

Postby HeavyArmsCustum » Thu Nov 01, 2007 9:02 pm

When was the last time the best looking team or even the team with the best record won it all? Last year the Colts were written off with a horrid run D.
The steelers were 9-6.
The Patriots were 14-2 but the Steelers were favored cause they were 15-1.
Also, last i checked, you can't win a super bowl in October.
HeavyArmsCustum
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Postby BCoop » Fri Nov 02, 2007 1:25 am

USDnobody wrote:well you'll have to hit brady pretty damn hard to knock those three rings off his fingers. soon to be four rings IMO.

I'm sure Bob Sanders or Dwight Freeney can
BCoop
Major General
Major General

PreviousNext

Return to Locker Room