Rox and the Sox

No smelly socks or jocks here just some good ranting about your favorite team.

Postby BCoop » Wed Oct 31, 2007 1:02 am

If anyone can do it this season its surely the Pats... I wouldn't say that they have had a very difficult schedule though. And running up the score on every opponent to say "Fuck you" is definitely giving them really bad karma. The Colts certainly have a shot to knock off the Pats but I'd put my money on NE this week.

However, since Brady is on my fantasy team, they can go 16-0 for all I care as long as he's giving 3-5 TD's a game.
BCoop
Major General
Major General

Postby Droxor » Wed Oct 31, 2007 11:38 am

BCoop wrote:however, since Brady is on my fantasy team, they can go 16-0 for all I care as long as he's giving 3-5 TD's a game.

Amen brotha'! I snagged him and Moss in rounds 3-4. . .what a steal.
Droxor
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Postby HeavyArmsCustum » Wed Oct 31, 2007 12:36 pm

I want to see if Gunther will play Addai this week. He's bound to have a good game, but he is playing his pats.

EDIT: Gunther has put Earnest Graham in for Addai
HeavyArmsCustum
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Postby Gunther » Wed Oct 31, 2007 4:20 pm

HeavyArmsCustum wrote:I want to see if Gunther will play Addai this week. He's bound to have a good game, but he is playing his pats.

EDIT: Gunther has put Earnest Graham in for Addai

I could not knowingly play Addai when they are playing against the Pats. I must follow my heart. :)

Point of order, HAC: This will be the only game I don't play Addai.

The problem I'm looking at is the Pats are on a Bye next week. I have 2 Wide Receivers, a Tight End and a Kicker on the Pats. There is also another player on a Bye week from another team. Week 10 is going to suck.
GuntertE, Lv 1, NC on Waterson
GunthertE, Lv3, TR on Mattherson
Landain, Lv3, TR on Jaeger
Gunther
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Postby roadrunner » Wed Oct 31, 2007 4:39 pm

I can't wait for when Brady receives a season ending injury playing in a meaningless 4th quarter just to pad his stats and run up the score.

The Pats are closing quickly on the yanks in my list of professional teams I dislike.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

-Albert Einstein
roadrunner
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Postby Gunther » Wed Oct 31, 2007 6:06 pm

RoadRunner wrote:I can't wait for when Brady receives a season ending injury playing in a meaningless 4th quarter just to pad his stats and run up the score.

I guess Matt Cassell will have to step up to the plate.

There is a difference here. Salary caps do exist and guys like Tom Brady, Tedy Bruschi, Richard Seymour and Randy Moss take "pay cuts" to play here in New England.

"Pay Cuts" are defined as less money than they may make if the go to another team like Deion Branch playing for Seattle and David Givens playing for Tennessee.

Option 1: Make more money and Lose
Option 2: Make less money and win.

Kind of a contrarian idea if you ask me, but it seems to work for them.

It goes right back to those conversations HAC and I used to have a fews year ago. The bottom line is BILL BELICHEK WINS!
Gunther
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Postby roadrunner » Wed Oct 31, 2007 7:36 pm

My dislike has nothing to do with pay in the NFL because it actually has a salary cap which work unlike baseball. My dislike is the complete arrogance of key people like Belichick who run up the score when there is no reason for it or Brady who yells at his lineman if he is even brush by the opposition.

I respect good teams but actions like those I find distasteful. I respect coaches like Dungy whose actions speak more than just their records.

I go back to my first point. Why is Tom Brady and the first team offense playing almost the whole game in a 52 to 7 beat down of the Redskins? To pad stats or humiliate the opposition? Either answer doesn't paint a nice picture of the Pats.

Even though they are a bitter rival of the Browns I root against them at all times but respect the team. Bill Cower even in a route (41-0) against Cleveland a few years ago pulled Big Ben in the third quarter and basically ran the ball the whole 4th. As a rival the temptation is to run up the score but unlike the Pats they were the better winner.

Congrats to Tom on extending his NFL record to 8 games to start the season with 3+ TD passes. Nothing says team like getting individual records.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

-Albert Einstein
roadrunner
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Postby Gunther » Wed Oct 31, 2007 7:52 pm

RoadRunner wrote:Why is Tom Brady and the first team offense playing almost the whole game in a 52 to 7 beat down of the Redskins? To pad stats or humiliate the opposition?

They're just playing football. Nowhere does it say in the "professional" football handbook that if you lead your opponent by 21 points you're supposed to spike the ball and give the other guys a chance. That would be considered pussy-ball. They weren't trying to "pad" stats or humiliate anyone, they were just playing football.
Gunther
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Postby HeavyArmsCustum » Wed Oct 31, 2007 8:20 pm

RoadRunner wrote:I can't wait for when Brady receives a season ending injury playing in a meaningless 4th quarter just to pad his stats and run up the score.

The Pats are closing quickly on the yanks in my list of professional teams I dislike.

If NE keeps doing it, running up the score which is what they're doing ( i dare anyone to say they aren't) you're going to see a team with some pride do something about it. For example, when the Pats go to Baltimore and the score is 38-7 in the 4th and the Pats go for it on 4th down well within field goal range and make it, you'll see the next play be something like a double safety blitz on the outside that wont stop till Brady is down on the ground, hard.
What comes around goes around, and the if the Patriots keep running up the score like this it will come back to bite them, and it will not be pretty.
HeavyArmsCustum
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Postby USDnobody » Wed Oct 31, 2007 8:55 pm

the pats are not responsible for your feelings. if you want to not get embarassed on the field, stop them from embarassing you. they should not have to ease off the throttle because someone is crying.
>insert witty remark<
USDnobody
Captain
Captain

PreviousNext

Return to Locker Room