Ravens. . .

No smelly socks or jocks here just some good ranting about your favorite team.

Postby Gunther » Sun Dec 09, 2007 10:41 pm

Anairt wrote:Yeah like thinking NBA basketball is fixed..what a fantasy

Well I don't anything about that, Anairt. This year the NFL would love to see New England get beat. If anything the "fixes" will be to insure New England loses. That's the point I was trying to make.
GuntertE, Lv 1, NC on Waterson
GunthertE, Lv3, TR on Mattherson
Landain, Lv3, TR on Jaeger
Gunther
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Postby USDnobody » Mon Dec 10, 2007 6:59 am

well the fixes certainly didn't help baltimore.
>insert witty remark<
USDnobody
Captain
Captain

Postby Gunther » Mon Dec 10, 2007 7:53 am

USDnobody wrote:well the fixes certainly didn't help baltimore.
If there was a "fix" in the Ravens game, the Baltimore head coach must have gotten a ton of cash to call time out at that critical junxture, where if he hadn't the Ravens may have won the game...LOL
Gunther
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Postby USDnobody » Mon Dec 10, 2007 10:20 am

I meant baltimore vs indie
>insert witty remark<
USDnobody
Captain
Captain

Postby Anairt » Wed Dec 12, 2007 8:56 pm

I cant believe you didnt hear about the NBA Ref that got caught in a HUGE scandal where he was making calls to cover the bets he made and EVERY bet he made was a game that he was reffing.

Funny part was Mark Cuban was bitching up a storm that the refs where on the take and cheating and he got fined millions ( not that he cares hes got TONS of cash). And he was right the ref was fixing the games.
Anairt
Sergeant
Sergeant

Postby Anairt » Wed Dec 12, 2007 8:57 pm

Thats why i would say NEVER is it a fantasy that the game was fixed... I used to think the same till I saw this.
Anairt
Sergeant
Sergeant

Postby Anairt » Wed Dec 12, 2007 8:59 pm

Oh last thing..Im not a Pats hater either I think there playin lights out... And im a Steelers fan.
Anairt
Sergeant
Sergeant

Postby Rangerr » Thu Dec 13, 2007 7:30 am

I am a Pats hater and I haven't seen any evidence that the games are "fixed" or that the refs are calling ghost penalties one way or another. However, i do see ref favortism towards the Pats, things like after Brady gets hit the ref will run over and help him up, make sure he is ok. This was very noticable in the Eagles and Ravens games. They sure weren't checking on Feely or Boller when they got drilled. BUT, I haven't seen anything that I would say blatantly affected the outcome of a game. So at this point, I would say that teams have imploded and been the victims of their own coaches and their own play calling more than anything else.
[img]http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a139/hook_75/rangerrsig_112.gif[/img]
[url=http://profile.xfire.com/Rangerr][img]http://miniprofile.xfire.com/bg/co/type/2/Rangerr.png[/img][/url]
Life is 1% what happens to you and 99% what you do about it.
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero - Horace
Rangerr
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Gunther » Thu Dec 13, 2007 8:02 am

Rangerr wrote:I am a Pats hater and I haven't seen any evidence that the games are "fixed" or that the refs are calling ghost penalties one way or another. However, i do see ref favortism towards the Pats, things like after Brady gets hit the ref will run over and help him up, make sure he is ok. This was very noticable in the Eagles and Ravens games. They sure weren't checking on Feely or Boller when they got drilled. BUT, I haven't seen anything that I would say blatantly affected the outcome of a game. So at this point, I would say that teams have imploded and been the victims of their own coaches and their own play calling more than anything else.

You're grasping at straws, buddy. LOL
that was frickin' funny.
Gunther
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Postby Anairt » Sun Dec 16, 2007 12:38 am

I never said that NFL games where fixed, Im just saying its definatly far fetched to think pro sports are fixed. Its happened time and again.
Anairt
Sergeant
Sergeant

Previous

Return to Locker Room