Fantasy Football '08-'09?

No smelly socks or jocks here just some good ranting about your favorite team.

Postby Droxor » Mon Oct 13, 2008 11:42 pm

The Bengals had all sorts of issues comming into the year, thus why I stayed away from the 3 stars. I should have known better by drafting Rudi J but he was one of the only worthy picks left at the time for the RBs. I could spend a whole paragraph on each player. . .but simply put, dont look for any of those Bengals who once were Franchise Players each in their own right. . .to produce Team Carrying numbers this year. . .or any other year until that team goes through DRASTIC personel changes. They have hit the same phase the Vikings from a few years back hit. . .the team is falling apart from the inside, and no amount of tallent can stop it.

Being a KC resident. . .I could have warned everyone to leave Larry Johnson on the FA list :P No joke at all. . .if anyone thinks his 2 yard game against the Jags was just 'bad luck'. . .then you should spend a little more time watching our team from the past few years :P Truth of the matter is, everyone in KS and MO hates the guy. . .and ever since Dicky V's offense left KC (along with the offensive line) Larry has had no one to pin the weight on. . .and can not deliver those high flying runs that he did a few years ago. When he had Trent Green throwing to 3 of the top recievers in the league. . .it was easy to bust out a 70 yard run, because no one saw it comming. . .however now that it's Herm the jerm Edwards "What's an offense?" scheme. . .Larry has learned what its like to be on 90% of the teams in the NFL. Most people don't realise that for the past few years those 'Decent Numbers' he has put up. . .have come from 2-3 big runs in a game. "Who cares? Points are points!" true. . .except what are you going to do for those oh so many games where he cant get those 1 or 2 big runs? This is what sepperates him from the true RB talents such as LT and Westbrook.

Tomlinson is a bit of a suprise this year, but ever since Marty left SD, LT simply hasn't gotten the touches he did in that glorious year. Yes Turner turned the team around late last year. . .but Marty has for decades been known to make any RB he has the focus of his Offense. . . .Turner does not draw that same game plan up. LT will forever be a solid pick. . .but no one should expect 'that same season' again. LT can with out a doubt put up those numbers again. . .but its not something you can bank on.

Kitna I feel bad for. He is in the same boat that Kurt Warner has taken trips on ever since he left StLo. Hes an older, yet skilled QB who simply cant get on a team with a solid Offensive Line. Age catches up with these guys in the legs. . .put him behind a decent O Line and you have a Pro-Bowler. Fortunately for Warner he can still throw the quick release he had in StLo, to his all star recievers. A good example of another one of these types is Collins over on the Titans. . .fell off the map and was left for dead, now behind a decent O Line his team is rocking the top of the win/loss bracket.
====
In my opinion there are only 3 players in the NFL that you can count on year in and year out. . .and as always every player is just 1 injury away from the end of your season as a Fantasy Owner.

Peyton Manning
Tom Brady
LT

These 3 will always give you solid numbers if they aren't hurt. . .all the other big hitters such as (to name only a few) Mcnabb, Romo, Harrison, Moss, C. Johnson. . . .those are the players that at the beggining of each season you have to take a gamble on. . .and hope you got lucky that year. Something thats always helped me as a Fantasy owner in drafting is to not look at the season before while drafting. . .but taking a look at the teams current condition. Checking the news reports and going off of how the teams chemistry was near the end of the season before. Occasionaly I get caught up and make a screw up (Rudi J, Tony Gonzales) but once again. . .those are the Gamble type players you have to take a chance on.
====
Don't know if this helped anyone but I figured I would throw my 2 cents out there from the success Ive had over the years :)
Droxor
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Postby luvpeebo » Tue Oct 14, 2008 11:34 pm

All of San Diego is calling for Norv's head. Dunno how he's gonna after the season's over.
Wayfarer, Kiare Griefsinger Now raiding near you!
luvpeebo
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Previous

Return to Locker Room