Fantasy Football '08-'09?

No smelly socks or jocks here just some good ranting about your favorite team.

Postby luvpeebo » Sun Jul 20, 2008 4:28 pm

Well, I've done some tinkering and asking around...

What I've heard from ESPN: Wonky as hell. Down a lot of the time. This comes from a few different sources and all have said they absolutely loathe the site.

CBS Sportsline: Much more steady, less downtime. Easier interface, good player information and news. You don't have to go picking around a lot of different sites for news if you don't want to.

So. I will create fake leagues in each and see how I like it. Does anyone really have a die hard preference for ESPN because from what I've read and asked from friends who do Fantasy Football religiously, CBS Sportsline seems like a better choice.

Edit: Evidently, you need 10 players for CBS... so... unless we get 2 more who want to join, I guess we'll have to go for ESPN. Crappity.
Wayfarer, Kiare Griefsinger Now raiding near you!
luvpeebo
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Postby Droxor » Sun Jul 20, 2008 10:55 pm

If we dont get 10, check out Yahoo. Easy to use, manage and read up on. Plus they are pretty good on updates for injuries ect.
Droxor
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Postby rhonnin » Mon Jul 21, 2008 3:10 am

Yahoo is what we used last year.
rhonnin
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Postby roadrunner » Mon Jul 21, 2008 5:06 am

I'm interested.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

-Albert Einstein
roadrunner
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Postby Rangerr » Tue Jul 22, 2008 6:53 am

Droxor wrote:If we dont get 10, check out Yahoo. Easy to use, manage and read up on. Plus they are pretty good on updates for injuries ect.

Yahoo (and a lot of other sites) takes all of their injury reports/recommendations from ESPN. You will not find more information on any other site (to my knowledge). Free Tip: http://www.nflfreaks.com/ I also will use this to double check information/picks/etc..

Also, I never had a problem with ESPN being down and I have used it for 2-3 years. I have used five different systems (including CBS') and have found ESPN to be the best, but I am not opposed to using something else.
[img]http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a139/hook_75/rangerrsig_112.gif[/img]
[url=http://profile.xfire.com/Rangerr][img]http://miniprofile.xfire.com/bg/co/type/2/Rangerr.png[/img][/url]
Life is 1% what happens to you and 99% what you do about it.
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero - Horace
Rangerr
Colonel
Colonel

Postby McGuyver » Tue Jul 22, 2008 9:45 pm

I've used just about each and every website for my FF. I have been playing ESPN's way more often than any other one out there. I have NEVER seen the site down in almost 9 yrs. Hell I haven't even seen the site run slow for me yet. But maybe that's just me. I play in 8-10 league's each year and the big money pots all use ESPN. Last year was my first time using Yahoo, and let's say it was less than satisfactory. No Live scoring, rules were a bit off from what I'm used too. The last time I played on the CBS site was a few years ago and I had to pay to get real time scoring and draft help I wounder if it's still the same? the leagues that I have to wait until Tuesday to find out how I did I normally fade out and don't care as much for.

My only real vote I have is Not to use Yahoo again please.
Mac
McGuyver
Outfit Commander
Outfit Commander

Postby BCoop » Wed Jul 23, 2008 1:29 am

Rangerr wrote:
McGuyver wrote:It was a sad shame loosing it that close to the end. I must redeem my self, so count me in. But I would like to see us play over on the ESPN site if we could. I've been watching how the camps are shifting this summer so I hope to make a decent team this year. Live draft would be great, even if you can't make it the computer can pick for you if the put the ones you want in order.

Agreed. ESPN and Live Draft.

Same.

Count me in!
BCoop
Major General
Major General

Postby McGuyver » Wed Jul 23, 2008 5:54 pm

I just got invited to play in a league that the guy pulls the stats out of the paper each week. I said I'm in since I haven't played in one of them in over 15yrs. It was a $20 buy in, what the hell. right?

On a side note ESPN has been my home page every since I got my first computer. I just love that site.
Mac
McGuyver
Outfit Commander
Outfit Commander

Postby luvpeebo » Tue Aug 05, 2008 12:37 am

Okay, league set up with a max of 10 teams. Will all interested parties send me their email via PM here or to my email. Then I can send you an invite.

The more I use ESPN, the more I like it. :twisted:
Last edited by luvpeebo on Thu Sep 11, 2008 12:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
luvpeebo
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Postby luvpeebo » Tue Aug 05, 2008 5:06 pm

Invited as of 8/18:
Rhonnin
Gunther
Draconis
Rangerr
Mac
Road (Via @enforcers.org email)
Drox
Last edited by luvpeebo on Mon Aug 18, 2008 12:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.
luvpeebo
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

PreviousNext

Return to Locker Room