Fantasy Football Week #1

No smelly socks or jocks here just some good ranting about your favorite team.

Fantasy Football Week #1

Postby Gunther » Tue Sep 15, 2009 8:04 am

Week 1 of the Enforcers FF league proves why McGuyver is managing the league. With a 154 to 81 trouncing of the Boston Eagles by the Toledo Dobermans it is no wonder. Tony Romo provided an outstanding 26 points for the Dobermans with 16 for 27 passing 353 yards and 3 TDs. The team as a whole was solid, but it was the Eagles Defense with 35 FF points that won the day for the Toledo team.

SF Norfolkinchance beat the Bubble boys for a 100-73 win. Drew Brees proved why he was #1 in the FF Draft card by completing 26 of 34 for 358 yards and 6 TDs, give Norfolkinchance 36 FF Points. He was a true leader in this game. The Bubble Boys’ Adrian Peterson, always a show stopper delivered an equally impressive 37 FF points, but it was not enough due to the lack of support from the remainder of the team. Peterson rushed for 180 yards and made 3 TDs.

The Sad Chiefs of Kansas City had nothing to be sad about when they squeaked by Maine iacs 79 – 75. Tom Brady led the Sad Chiefs to their first victory by completing 39 for 53 Attempts with 378 yards gained and 2 TDs. But the lack of support by his teammates only garnered the underdogs 79 points; still sufficient for the victory. The standout on the Maine iacs team was QB Donovan McNabb with an unimpressive 10 completions for 18 attempts for 79 yards and 2 TDs. Hopefully the Maine iacs can pull it together next week. We’re rooting for you at the sports desk.

The premier showdown of the week has to go to the Morgan Raiders for upsetting the fan favorite San Diego Dread Pirates 103 – 86. There were no real standouts on the Raiders team with everyone giving a solid performance and most players putting up double digit Fantasy Football points. The Dread Pirats’ Reggie Wayne (IND WR) gave San Diego 22 FF Points but it was not enough to supplement the lack of performance by the rest of the squad.

And the Enforcer’s Player of the week for Week #1 goes to:

Adrian Peterson
GuntertE, Lv 1, NC on Waterson
GunthertE, Lv3, TR on Mattherson
Landain, Lv3, TR on Jaeger
Gunther
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Postby McGuyver » Tue Sep 15, 2009 9:56 am

It was a good week for the Dobermans, it seemed the coach put in just about all the right players for week one. Let's hope with some luck we can do it again, and again, and again.
Mac
McGuyver
Outfit Commander
Outfit Commander

Postby roadrunner » Tue Sep 15, 2009 10:20 am

Except for the losing stuff it was a good week.

I just had bad luck running into Brees this week. I was cheering him on too as he was my QB in another league.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

-Albert Einstein
roadrunner
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Postby Droxor » Tue Sep 15, 2009 1:29 pm

Thanks for this Gunther, it was a fun read.

Also I hope Mcnabb isn't to hurt, that could ruin any Fantasy GMs season :(
Droxor
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Postby Gunther » Tue Sep 15, 2009 3:30 pm

The past two years, I wrote an update of how our league did. I'll try to continue that. The "Player of the Week" is usually the player who generated the most FF points and was not on the bench.
GuntertE, Lv 1, NC on Waterson
GunthertE, Lv3, TR on Mattherson
Landain, Lv3, TR on Jaeger
Gunther
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Postby luvpeebo » Sat Sep 19, 2009 2:26 pm

Damn, I got bested last week, big time! It was a good show. Good job, Morgan Raiders!
Wayfarer, Kiare Griefsinger Now raiding near you!
luvpeebo
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Return to Locker Room