D/ST

No smelly socks or jocks here just some good ranting about your favorite team.

D/ST

Postby Gunther » Sat Oct 10, 2009 8:32 am

I have the Pittsburgh Steelers D/ST in FF. I assumed going into the season that they would do well, but they are ranked 25 out of 32 and really haven't done much for me this season. So, I picked up Denver Broncos D/ST to replace them as they are ranked #3 of 32. But going into Week #5, my gut tells me to keep Steelers on the field this week.

Pittsburgh @ Detroit Sun 1:00
Denver hosts New England Sun 4:15

Now here is the thing. Everyone knows the Detroit Lions are one of the worst teams in the NFL right now and the Pittsburgh Steelers were at least good enough to win Super Bowl XLIII. If I were a betting man, I'd say the Steelers will at least beat the Lions on Sunday. Hopefully, this weekend they will perform better than they did in the previous four weeks.

Now, everyone knows I am a New England fan, but I'll also be their biggest crtic when they aren't doing so well. All New England/Boston fans are like that. I've been ragging on the New England Defense the first 3 weeks of the season, but last week against Baltimore it looks like they finally got their stuff together. The same goes for the Offense. They got lucky against Buffalo in Game 1. Buffalo should have won that game. But Tom Brady and his offense are finally coming together. His Offensive line may be the deciding factor. If they can gel together and provide proper pass protection. the Denver Defense will have a hard time.

So, my dilemma is, how could I possibly put Denver D/ST on the field in FF when they are playing my beloved NE Pats this week? I'm starting to see improvements in both Offense and Defense for New England. Denver is 4-0 and New England is 3-1. I believe New England can win this game, but it will be a tough match. This is where Bill Belechick is at his finest. He works his magic and the Pats pull off the impossible. I don't know how he does it, but he is famous for that.

For this reason, I have to go With the Pittsburgh D/ST over Denver D/ST this week. I wonder if I will eat my words on Monday.
GuntertE, Lv 1, NC on Waterson
GunthertE, Lv3, TR on Mattherson
Landain, Lv3, TR on Jaeger
Gunther
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Postby roadrunner » Sat Oct 10, 2009 3:07 pm

I would go with Pittsburgh. A better chance that the Lion won't show up than NE.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

-Albert Einstein
roadrunner
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Postby McGuyver » Sat Oct 10, 2009 10:24 pm

Same here Detroit blows this should be a walk in the park for Pit.
Mac
McGuyver
Outfit Commander
Outfit Commander

Postby Gunther » Sun Oct 11, 2009 9:33 pm

Ok, the Steelers gave me 9 FF points and Denver only made 4. I'm just upset NE lost. Josh McDaniels was Belichek's Offensive Coordinator last year.

The one that killed me this game was Roddy White; who, sitting on my bench scored 33 FFF points. You may guess what the 3rd F is for. :evil:
Roddy White hasn't done Jack shit in the first 3 games of this season and then all of a sudden decides to show up and play ball!? Give me a frickin break. And how come Larry Fitzgerald who is supposed to be so great can't do better than 19 points? Santana Moss had some good games in Week 3 and 4, but shit the bed this week.

/rant off
GuntertE, Lv 1, NC on Waterson
GunthertE, Lv3, TR on Mattherson
Landain, Lv3, TR on Jaeger
Gunther
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Return to Locker Room