Fantasy Football Week #13

No smelly socks or jocks here just some good ranting about your favorite team.

Fantasy Football Week #13

Postby Gunther » Tue Dec 08, 2009 9:31 am

Week 13 of the Enforcers FF league

7 Points!

As I reported last week, if both Morgan and San Diego lost, whichever team had the highest score overall would get the 4th spot of the playoff winners bracket. Morgan Raiders took that 4th spot with only 7 points.

Before this week, Morgan Raiders had 1131 points and San Diego had 1163 points. Morgan went into this week with a 32 point deficit. Since The SD-SF match-up was a low scoring one and the Morgan game was a high scoring, the Raiders made up that deficit easily, outscoring the Dread Pirates by the slimmest of margins; 7 points!

On another note, since Bubble Boys were upset by the Maine iacs and Boston Eagles won, the Eagles move into the 2nd rank spot. Boston Eagles are the highest scoring team in the Enforcers league with 1350 Points. Here are the standings for next week playoff games:

Winners Bracket

#2 Boston Eagles v. #3 Bubble Boys
#1 San Francisco NorfolkinChance v. #4 Morgan Raiders

Consolation Bracket

#5 San Diego Dread Pirates v. #6 Toledo Dobermans
#7 Maine iacs v. #8 Kansas City Sad Chiefs

Good Luck to everyone!

The Boston Eagles beat Morgan Raiders 113 – 103 clinching a playoff spot for the Eagles. Larry Fitzgerald, ARI, WR, had 8 receptions for 143 yards and 1 TD giving Boston 20 FF points. Knowshon Moreno, DEN, RB, had 21 carries for 86 yards and 2 TDs giving the Raiders 20 FF points.

The Kansas City Sad Chiefs devastated the Toledo Dobermans 107 – 85. Way to go Droxor!! Tony Romo, DAL, QB, completed an amazing 41 of 55 passes for 392 yards and 3 TDs giving Toledo 27 FF Points! How could Toledo have lost? Anquan Boldin, ARI, WR, had 7 receptions for 98 yards and 2 TDs giving Kansas City 21 FF Points. Arizona kicked butt this week.

In the lowest scoring match-up this week, San Francisco NorfolkinChance beat their west coast rival San Diego Dread Pirates 74 – 64. Drew Brees, NO, QB, completed 35 of 49 for an amazing 419 yards and 2 TDs giving San Francisco 22 FF points. The old man is still kicking. Brett Favre, MIN, QB, completed 30 of 45 for 275 yards and 2 TDs giving San Diego 15 FF Points.

Another upset occurred this week when the Maine iacs knocked the Bubble Boys out of the 2nd rank spot with a score of 96 – 86. Phil Rivers, SD, QB, completed 18 of 25 for 373 yards and 2 TDs giving the Boys 22 FF points. Wes Welker, NE, WR, had 10 receptions for 167 yards giving Maine 16 FF Points.

The Enforcers player of the week for Week #13 is:

Tony Romo, DAL, QB
Stepping out from the shadows of Roger Staubach.

Standings
1 SF Norfolkin... 10-3 1245 points
2 Boston Eagles 8-5 1350 points
3 Bubble Boys 8-5 1216 points
4 Morgan Raiders 7-6 1234 points
5 San Diego Dr... 7-6 1227 points
6 Toledo Dober... 5-8 1213 points
7 Maine iacs 4-9 1199 points
8 Kansas City ... 3-10 1004 points
GuntertE, Lv 1, NC on Waterson
GunthertE, Lv3, TR on Mattherson
Landain, Lv3, TR on Jaeger
Gunther
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Postby Gunther » Tue Dec 08, 2009 9:35 am

I went into this week with Carson Palmer in the QB slot because Cincinnati was playing Detroit and Aaron Roger's Green Bay were playing Baltimore. I figured that Palmer and the Bengals could easily outscore the Lions and they did. But I didn't account for the the Packers beating up the Ravens as badly as they did. I figured the Ravens would have given them a run for their money. 27 - 14 is no blow out, but I did expect Ravens to at least show up for the game

As it turns out, I lost out on 15 FF points by playing Palmer(6) instead of Rogers (21). Anyway, here come the playoffs and Aaron Rogers it is! :)
GuntertE, Lv 1, NC on Waterson
GunthertE, Lv3, TR on Mattherson
Landain, Lv3, TR on Jaeger
Gunther
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Postby luvpeebo » Tue Dec 08, 2009 7:26 pm

Well, this year someone will get my title. It was a bitter defeat! But I'm glad it was a close year this year :D
Wayfarer, Kiare Griefsinger Now raiding near you!
luvpeebo
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Return to Locker Room