Fantasy Football Week #1 Round 2 of the Playoffs

No smelly socks or jocks here just some good ranting about your favorite team.

Fantasy Football Week #1 Round 2 of the Playoffs

Postby Gunther » Tue Dec 29, 2009 1:05 pm

Playoffs Week 1, Round 2 of the Enforcers FF League

Super Bowl!
Game #1 of the Super Bowl. Game #2 will be next weekend.

Winners Bracket

#2 Boston Eagles beat #4 Morgan Raiders 103 – 95. Roddy White, ATL, WR, had his 4th game of the season where he scored more than 11 FF points and he chose the proper week to step and play some ball. He had 8 receptions for 139 yards and 2 TDs giving Boston 25 FF Points. Chris Johnson, TEN, RB, has only had 4 games this season where he generated less than 11 points and he did not disappoint this week either. He had 21 Carries for 142 yards and 1 TD giving the Raiders 23 FF Points.

#3 Bubble Boys defeated #1 San Francisco NorfolkinChance 122 – 70. Adrian Peterson, MIN, RB, had 24 carries for 94 yards and 2 TDs giving Bubble Boys 23 FF Points. Ryan Grant, GB, RB, had 16 carries for 97 yards and 2 TDs giving NorfolkinChance 21 FF Points.

Consolation Bracket

#7 Maine iacs Squashed #5 San Diego Dread Pirates 122 – 93. Donovan McNabb, PHI, QB, Completed 20 of 35 for 322 yards and 3 TDs giving the Maine iacs 22 FF Points. Brett “I’ll never retire!” Favre, MINN, QB, completed 26 of 40 for 321 yards and 1 TD giving The Dread Pirates 18 FF Points.

#8 Kansas City Sad Chiefs beat #6 Toledo Dobermans 113 – 63. Tom Brady, NE, QB, completed 23 of 26 for 267 yards and 4 TDs giving KC 26 FF Points. Thomas Jones, NYJ, RB, had 23 carries for 105 yards and 1 TD giving Toledo 16 FF Points.

The most Fantabulous Quarterback ever!

The Enforcers player of the week for Week #1 of the Playoffs is:

with his "Go To" Guy.

Tom Brady, NE, QB

Posted by Christopher L. Gasper, Globe Staff December 29, 2009 11:38 AM
Rest 'em or risk 'em. That's the decision that Patriots coach Bill Belichick faces with his starters for Sunday's season finale against the Houston Texans.

The safe play here is to rest 'em, but as we all know Belichick doesn't always go for the safe play (fourth and 2, anybody?), and yesterday he wasn't giving any hints as to his plans. That doesn't make this week different from any other in Fort Foxborough.

Make no mistake though, Belichick has a plan. He always does, and in his infinite football wisdom it should -- and probably does -- include quarterback Tom Brady being nothing more than a Texas tourist.

I would expect to see Tom Brady sitting on the bench and backup Quarterback, Rookie Brian Hoyer who played in his first NFL game in the Patriots' 59-0 victory over the Tennessee Titans on 10/18 taking the helm next week against Houston.
GuntertE, Lv 1, NC on Waterson
GunthertE, Lv3, TR on Mattherson
Landain, Lv3, TR on Jaeger
Gunther
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Postby Gunther » Tue Dec 29, 2009 1:09 pm

I played Maurice Jone-Drew this week because I didn't have anyone better to fill his slot. He did provide 9 points, but the New England Defense was too much for him. He struggled to gain any decent yardage with 18 carries for 63 yards.

I doubted the New England Defense at the beginning of the season and they went beyond my expectations until November. It was as though they went back to July training camp in November and registered a dismal performance. Now that the playoffs are upon them and they have their Mojo back; don't expect the New England Defense to just lay down and let the other league leaders roll over them.

Personally, I care more about the New England Patriots winning than the Boston Eagles. Go Pats!
Gunther
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Postby Gunther » Tue Dec 29, 2009 1:28 pm

With Arizona clinching the NFC West playoff spot, will Larry Fitzgerald sit on the bench? I guess I'll have to check back later. There is no indication they will bench him.

I guess I should be concerned about Aaron Rodgers too for that matter. Green Bay are playing Arizona and it is possible that neither of these guys will see much time on the field. This makes for a very interesting game.
Gunther
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Postby Gunther » Tue Jan 05, 2010 8:14 am

Playoffs Week 2, Round 2 of the Enforcers FF League

Raiders Win!
Game #2 of the Super Bowl.

Winners Bracket

#4 Morgan Raiders came back from an eight point deficit to defeat the tenacious #2 Boston Eagles 191 - 171. Jay Cutler, CHI, QB, completed 22 for 36 over 276 yards and 4 TDs giving the Raiders 27 FF Points. The dismal showing by the Boston Easgles squad elevated the 49ers Defense and Special Teams to provide a whopping 15 FF points. It’s a sad day when your D/ST unit his your team’s high scorer.

#3 Bubble Boys completed their victory over #1 San Francisco NorfolkinChance 210 - 139. Sidney Rice, MIN, WR, had 6 receptions for 112 yards and 2 TDs giving Bubble Boys 23 FF Points. Fred Jackson, BUF, RB, had 33 carries for 211 yards giving NorfolkinChance 28 FF Points.

Consolation Bracket

#7 Maine iacs beat #5 San Diego Dread Pirates 193 - 181. Frank Gore, SF, RB, had 23 Carries for 107 yards and 2 TDs giving the Maine iacs 24 FF Points. “Ironman” Brett Favre, MINN, QB, completed 25 of 31 for 316 yards and 4 TDs giving The Dread Pirates 28 FF Points.

#8 Kansas City Sad Chiefs beat #6 Toledo Dobermans 150 – 137. Panthers D/ST provided KC with 10 FF Points. Thomas Jones, NYJ, RB, had 27 carries for 78 yards and 2 TDs giving Toledo 19 FF Points.

The Enforcers player of the week for Week #2 of the Super Bowl week is:

Shared by

Fred Jackson, NYJ, RB

And…

Brett Favre, MINN, QB
Gunther
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Postby Gunther » Tue Jan 05, 2010 8:37 am

I had a difficult time preparing for this weekend. Since it was the last game of the season, I didn't know who to play and who not to play. As it turned out, my usual starters had lackluster performances as it was. It was a dismal showing for the Boston Eagles.
Gunther
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Return to Locker Room