Music on Rollover?

Request a sig, avatar, interface, etc... Display your digital art, Machima, or whatever.

Music on Rollover?

Postby Tackalt » Wed Nov 29, 2006 6:40 pm

I remember being in a clan a long time ago called Dominion Guild. DDBQ, Bulldog, and Izlude were also in the clan until they left. They also pulled me along. :P

Anyways, one guy always used to make these sweet avatars that played music when you rolled over 'em. Been trying to make one, but I can't find a tutorial anywhere. Did he do it in Flash or is there an option in photoshop / imageready for it?
I kill people IRL.

Tackalt
Major General
Major General

Postby Damaen » Thu Nov 30, 2006 1:48 am

pretty certain u cant imbed sounds into image files, at keast ive neevr heard of such voodoo. Pergaps his kung fu was strong, but it was probably flash, especially if it was a mouseover effect
Hard pressed on my right. My center is yielding. Impossible to maneuver. Situation excellent, I am attacking!
Damaen
Colonel
Colonel

Postby rhonnin » Thu Nov 30, 2006 2:18 am

It was flash for sure.
rhonnin
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Postby Liquidsmoke » Thu Nov 30, 2006 7:37 am

Rhonnin wrote:It was flash for sure.

I agree there. Definatly a flash and not a .gif Flash isn't too hard to learn either but you won't be able to use the .swf here as its not turned on. Flash sigs are cool, but loads of load time for slower people.

Liquidsmoke
Sergeant
Sergeant

Postby rhonnin » Thu Nov 30, 2006 2:46 pm

Not to mention flash is very labor intensive, that's why most companies outsource flash elements.
rhonnin
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Postby Liquidsmoke » Thu Nov 30, 2006 5:15 pm

Rhonnin wrote:Not to mention flash is very labor intensive, that's why most companies outsource flash elements.

Not really start off using a simple flash prog like Coffee Cup to teach the basics. The hardest part of flash is trial and error making everything work nice and smooth. I started using coffee cup awhile ago, and I can now using Mac Flash and equal progs without any probs. All the flash I've learned pretty much came from teaching myself along with html coding. :P

Liquidsmoke
Sergeant
Sergeant

Postby rhonnin » Thu Nov 30, 2006 5:43 pm

I'm not saying it's difficult just that it takes a long time to do anything in it compared to most anything else design related. I've been using macromedia flash for a couple years, got certifications with flash and everything but I still avoid doing it when I can just for that reason.
Though I did just upgrade to creative suite 8 so we'll see if there are any new tools to make things quicker, I doubt it though.
rhonnin
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Postby Liquidsmoke » Thu Nov 30, 2006 8:35 pm

Swish Max is a pretty good prog for flash.

Liquidsmoke
Sergeant
Sergeant

Postby FloobieDoobie » Thu Nov 30, 2006 10:04 pm

Best flash programmer I ever met is a DJ, he claims that it fits so well since it's all about flow.
WWFD?
FloobieDoobie
Major
Major

Postby HeavyArmsCustum » Thu Nov 30, 2006 10:05 pm

God i haven't heard og DG in a LONG ass time.
HeavyArmsCustum
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Next

Return to Graphics and Art