Huxley 360 Vs. PC

This is the place to ask for help or discuss the latest in technology

Moderator: redwarrior666

Huxley 360 Vs. PC

Postby Droxor » Wed Oct 18, 2006 9:22 am

Well I have made reffrence to this previously but I figured why not give it it's own thread for debate here.

I am curious to see if the X-Box 360 will play Huxley as good if not better than a good standard PC. I think it will because while a PC is running it's operating system, anti virus (if you use one), Firewall (if you use one) and all the little funtionc that is uses that a 360 does not. . . .the 360 is running simply the game. Now at first I was debating how true this thearoy will be, however I have been playing ALLOT of online 360 games and major ones too like FF11, and it ran OUTSTANDING on a high populated server/zone.

(wow some guy just smacked his suitcase into the back of my head and then dropped it on my desk here at school, and just said "man this is heavy". . .I'm glad I didnt have my MCG equiped)

Back to the topic. The few problems people have with 360 over PC are Vent, and the lack of a keyboard and mouse. Well incase you dont know it has sevral USB ports, and is accesible to any USB products because it basicly is a computer. As far as Vent goes it is not hard AT ALL to get a basic machine with an int connection that uses vent, no. . .big. . .deal.

Although the PC deffinetly has a broader range of functions. . .the question for you all is. . .Will the 360 play GAMES better than a PC? (Not is it more usefull, better value, broader range of capabilities.)

Also keep in mind while you are MOST LIKELY spending 1k-1500 dollars on a new nice machine to play Huxley and other new games, 360 users at most spen 600$. And chances are you will need to replace/upgrade as time goes on, but the 360 will remain on top until the 720 is released. (I still think I would rather have the computer though, you can do more with it and use it for more than just a few games, however since I was succered into getting a 360 Im trying to make myself see the olight at the end of the tunnel. . .I just hope it's not a train.)
Droxor
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Re: Huxley 360 Vs. PC

Postby betasoldier » Wed Oct 18, 2006 4:53 pm

Droxor wrote:I just hope it's not a train.)

Don't worry Droxor, it is, it is.
betasoldier
Major General
Major General

Postby Gunther » Wed Oct 18, 2006 9:09 pm

you're are probably right about X360 just as good as PC with one condition. the X360 needs to have access to a keyboard if you want to communicate with others in game. I know nothing about this. Can you hook up a keyboard to an X360? if not, you will have a difficult time talking to other players in game.
GuntertE, Lv 1, NC on Waterson
GunthertE, Lv3, TR on Mattherson
Landain, Lv3, TR on Jaeger
Gunther
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Re: Huxley 360 Vs. PC

Postby Droxor » Fri Oct 20, 2006 1:06 am

This was in the 3rd paragraph

Droxor wrote:The few problems people have with 360 over PC are Vent, and the lack of a keyboard and mouse. Well incase you dont know it has sevral USB ports, and is accesible to any USB products because it basicly is a computer. As far as Vent goes it is not hard AT ALL to get a basic machine with an int connection that uses vent, no. . .big. . .deal.
Droxor
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Postby rhonnin » Fri Oct 20, 2006 1:31 pm

My understanding is that the graphics wont be as sharp on a console as on a PC. Not sure if that is just because of the limitations of playing on a TV screen as opposed to if you hooked it up to a monitor though.
rhonnin
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Return to Tech Corner