Keeping Intel Conroe's Cooler

This is the place to ask for help or discuss the latest in technology

Moderator: redwarrior666

Keeping Intel Conroe's Cooler

Postby redwarrior666 » Sun Dec 10, 2006 1:18 am

One thing I've noticed about the Intel Conroe is that you do not have to run it at stock voltage. These chips run very well and much cooler at below stock voltage. Here is a screen shot of the cpu volts at 1.24 stock however is 1.325. The room temperature is about 79F. This is after a 1.5 hour game session is PS. So in conclusion if you buy a conroe and are a heat freak like me and have to keep you processor cool then experiment and see what you are able to get away with below the stock voltage.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
----------------------------------------
"
redwarrior666
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Re: Keeping Intel Conroe's Cooler

Postby Socco » Sun Dec 10, 2006 10:56 am

redwarrior666 wrote:One thing I've noticed about the Intel Conroe is that you do not have to run it at stock voltage. These chips run very well and much cooler at below stock voltage. Here is a screen shot of the cpu volts at 1.24 stock however is 1.325. The room temperature is about 79F. This is after a 1.5 hour game session is PS. So in conclusion if you buy a conroe and are a heat freak like me and have to keep you processor cool then experiment and see what you are able to get away with below the stock voltage.

Eh, I understand getting all you can out of a new product, but the new intel chips run so well already. Running cooler = quieter and more reliable.

Although, I do hear that you can get very respectable overclocks easily on the Conroes. But games are currently GPU limited, not CPU. So overclocking for games will only do you so much, if anything.
Socco
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Postby redwarrior666 » Sun Dec 10, 2006 1:00 pm

As for Overclocking there is a noticable difference between 2.4 and 3.0 gig in PS with the conroe processor. The purpose of this post was to show that the intel stock voltage is too high and that creates more heat.
----------------------------------------
"
redwarrior666
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Postby rhonnin » Sun Dec 10, 2006 3:05 pm

Sony games have always tended to be more CPU reliant.
rhonnin
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Return to Tech Corner