Major Vangaurd Issue

This is the place to ask for help or discuss the latest in technology

Moderator: redwarrior666

Major Vangaurd Issue

Postby Droxor » Wed Jan 31, 2007 8:52 pm

I just purchased Vanguard and installed it. The game is a tad slow but nothing non manageable, I have 25-28 FPS on average with minimum settings (although my computer should be able to handle all the options) but I have a major display problem :

When I open a window with some text, should it be character creation twqeaking (changing your ears, nose, etc) or a conversation with an NPC or quest log, the window is usually black or displays akk the text previously displayed (such as previous quests) at the same time, rendering it totally unreadable. Also, my hotbar, despite having some hotkeys, usually remains black and, sometime, will display the hotkeys, generally only partially.

My config is videocar Geforce 6200, AMD2400 proc, 1g RAM. All my drivers are up to date, same for DirectX. I should be able to run the game smoothly but get stuck in a non playable position.

Anyone knows about that issue and how to fix it please?
Droxor
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Postby rhonnin » Thu Feb 01, 2007 12:43 am

OK, I saw a post about this recently on the vrp forums, I'll go dig around and see if I can find it. Have you tried using the /flush command to clear the cache?
rhonnin
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Postby rhonnin » Thu Feb 01, 2007 12:51 am

Ok, found that there is an issue with the nvidia 6 series cards and that some people are having luck rolling back to the 84 drivers. Still, try /flush and see if that helps.
rhonnin
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Postby Droxor » Thu Feb 01, 2007 4:11 am

Yes! I found it Via Vangaurd Forums, but I will pass it along here incase anyone else is having the problem.

http://help.station.sony.com/cgi-bin/so ... _topview=1
Droxor
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Return to Tech Corner