New computer

This is the place to ask for help or discuss the latest in technology

Moderator: redwarrior666

New computer

Postby Socco » Thu Feb 22, 2007 8:48 pm

Building a new computer for the kitchen. Any thoughts/suggestions?

http://secure.newegg.com/NewVersion/wishlist/PublicWishDetail.asp?WishListNumber=5099106

Socco
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Postby FloobieDoobie » Thu Feb 22, 2007 10:17 pm

I have the Scepter Monitor, I got it right after xmas. Trust me and buy a replacement DVI cable. The one they ship like just about everyone else's sucks ass, it's horribly inadequate. I also put a swing arm to mount it on the wall. The stand doesn't have much in the way of adjustment.
WWFD?
FloobieDoobie
Major
Major

Postby redwarrior666 » Thu Feb 22, 2007 10:43 pm

The Seagate Perpendicular drives are real chatty and I've had 2 of them break, also on a side note I have 2 seagate drives that are the model before the Perpendicular technology that are running great and are so quiet they are the 7200.9 model the Perpendicular are the 7200.10 model.

Just my two cents other people have had wonderfull luck witht he7200.10's but not me.
----------------------------------------
"
redwarrior666
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Postby Socco » Fri Feb 23, 2007 8:51 am

FloobieDoobie wrote:I have the Scepter Monitor, I got it right after xmas. Trust me and buy a replacement DVI cable. The one they ship like just about everyone else's sucks ass, it's horribly inadequate. I also put a swing arm to mount it on the wall. The stand doesn't have much in the way of adjustment.

OK, I'll ditch the DVI cable.

Anything in particular you recommend, or will this do?
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16812189048

The Seagate Perpendicular drives are real chatty and I've had 2 of them break, also on a side note I have 2 seagate drives that are the model before the Perpendicular technology that are running great and are so quiet they are the 7200.9 model the Perpendicular are the 7200.10 model.

Just my two cents other people have had wonderfull luck witht he7200.10's but not me.

Well, I have two of the perp drives already. One's dead quiet and the other makes notable noise (both drives have no failing sectors and great drive health). But then I have 3 7200.9 drives that are dead silent. I'm not sure which to go with...

Although, I wouldn't want to go down in capacity, so I'd probably end up paying for the 500GB.
Socco
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Return to Tech Corner