DvD ripper program

This is the place to ask for help or discuss the latest in technology

Moderator: redwarrior666

DvD ripper program

Postby roadrunner » Thu Feb 21, 2008 10:04 am

What is a good program out there?
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

-Albert Einstein
roadrunner
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Postby rhonnin » Thu Feb 21, 2008 12:37 pm

I used nero. Though I think I had to use something else to break the copy protection.
rhonnin
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Postby Socco » Fri Feb 22, 2008 1:54 am

SlySoft's AnyDVD is pretty reliable and easy. The price can be an obstacle (It used to be 50 USD, now it's 50 Euro or about 75 USD) unless you want to get it for free from certain areas of the web, which is easily done...or so I am told ;)
Socco
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Postby lavishnu » Wed Mar 05, 2008 4:15 pm

dvd decrypter is pretty good...though it doesnt compress so anything large you;d need a dl burner
lavishnu
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Postby Socco » Sun Mar 09, 2008 8:28 am

Whatever, personally I like AnyDVD + CloneDVD/CloneDVD Mobile. Perfect rips (it gets past Sony ARccOS and RipGuard). CloneDVD fills up the entire single sided DVD (compressing the image as little as possible), and CloneDVD mobile makes really high quality rips...

DVD Decrypter is harder to get- Macrovision sends out a lot of Cease & Desists over it... but it's free. The older ripping engine is having some trouble with newer disks though.
Socco
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Postby miko » Thu Mar 20, 2008 9:36 am

dvdfab is the best imo

ive ripped many dvds manually before the days of one click programs, and was hesitant to use one for a long time.

simple, great quality. options to rip full disk, main movie only(i almost always use this option. extras, menus, fbi crap just gets in the way of what i want...the movie), or split into 2 disks. Platinum version also has options to rip video into smaller sizes for use on media devices like psp, ipods, etc.

this is one of the few software titles i have purchased, it takes a lot to get me to like a program enough to buy it

Socco wrote:DVD Decrypter is harder to get- Macrovision sends out a lot of Cease & Desists over it... but it's free. The older ripping engine is having some trouble with newer disks though.

I have this is anyone needs it, and Socco is quite correct, it has some major issues with newer disks. this app is losing its use quickly as it is no longer updated. i havent used it in probably a year, where i use to use it nearly everyday.
miko
Private First Class
Private First Class

Return to Tech Corner